Is it just me, or is Kangiiten like buying a raffle ticket? From my orders (only a couple, in fairness) about 50% of products have been poor to forgettable and 50% great. The ‘great’ category includes some very keenly-priced stuff, but I’d rather pay double for that and not have to wade through the disappointments.
Yeah, I dunno? They're natural products..what do you expect? Natural products by their very nature are not uniform. Plus, most if not all of the wood he sells is bead scrap. It's a waste product that has been chosen for someting else primarily. If you want a piece of wood that's close to perfect all the way through, you'd be better off buying the beads themselves and heating those.
 
Dude, get onto Kangiiten. If something get's lost, they will send a replacement.
I sent a second email (first was 14-March-2026), they just shot the tracking back at me and thanked me for my patience lol. I had asked what we do if it just doesn't progress but they didn't really address that...guess I'll give it more time and just see what's up
 
Today marks a full month since there has been any movement on my order from Kangiiten. Dreams of Merauke will stay dreams sigh
Would agree with ON there…chase Kangiiten up and I’m sure they will set things straight. For the record, I didn’t mean (at all) to imply that they are dishonourable in any way. In fact, on the business/fulfilment side they have been terrific with lightning-fast delivery from what is the other side of the world for me.

Buuuut, I still stand by comment that I feel like it’s a bit of a potluck whether I will really love the stuff I get from them! It’s an opinion…and you know what they say about those 😅
 
Would agree with ON there…chase Kangiiten up and I’m sure they will set things straight. For the record, I didn’t mean (at all) to imply that they are dishonourable in any way. In fact, on the business/fulfilment side they have been terrific with lightning-fast delivery from what is the other side of the world for me.

Buuuut, I still stand by comment that I feel like it’s a bit of a potluck whether I will really love the stuff I get from them! It’s an opinion…and you know what they say about those 😅
100%. I think the hit or miss component is a given with larger offering catalogues. I'm also super aware they aren't responsible for shipping. It really is a matter of how it ends up turning out overall for me, in terms of continued business. I'm in no rush, so I don't feel too bad about just giving it more time. It does seem to solve or mitigate most of life's issues haha
 
Would agree with ON there…chase Kangiiten up and I’m sure they will set things straight. For the record, I didn’t mean (at all) to imply that they are dishonourable in any way. In fact, on the business/fulfilment side they have been terrific with lightning-fast delivery from what is the other side of the world for me.

Buuuut, I still stand by comment that I feel like it’s a bit of a potluck whether I will really love the stuff I get from them! It’s an opinion…and you know what they say about those 😅
I actually agree with your opinion on the potluck side of things. Mainly the reason i now only get wood powders from them instead of chips. I was tired of throwing cash at dissapointments. The wood powder will always satisfy IMO. For the most part I find their chips can be really fiddly. You need to know your sub like the back of your hand to get the best out of them. The latest buy from them has only just been sent maybe three days ago. Bought close to three weeks ago. It'll take another three to four weeks to get to Australia. It is what it is.
 
Yeah, I dunno? They're natural products..what do you expect? Natural products by their very nature are not uniform. Plus, most if not all of the wood he sells is bead scrap. It's a waste product that has been chosen for someting else primarily. If you want a piece of wood that's close to perfect all the way through, you'd be better off buying the beads themselves and heating those.
I would agree, unless you're paying premium prices you are unlikely to find a source where 100% of the things are going to be knockouts. The nature of oud is that there is an element of risk in every purchase and that is shared by folks buying at all levels.

Again I do think you can pay a premium and have somebody else do the sorting for you.Kind of like the difference between buying random wines off the rack at the supermarket versus paying to have a sommelier guide you to the perfect bottle.
 
I would agree, unless you're paying premium prices you are unlikely to find a source where 100% of the things are going to be knockouts. The nature of oud is that there is an element of risk in every purchase and that is shared by folks buying at all levels.

Again I do think you can pay a premium and have somebody else do the sorting for you.Kind of like the difference between buying random wines off the rack at the supermarket versus paying to have a sommelier guide you to the perfect bottle.
Totally. This is also the nature of buying from a webstore V's having something in front of you to sample before a purchase. The fact all of these precious woods have been curated for the public like this in the first place is extremely rare in and of itself. There is no way I'd be able to have a collection such as I have by doing the legwork myself.
 
Suko Oud Tiger Seram

Iris, hibiscus, ripe banana, oud, wood, resin, with a Papuan vibe.

Very fragrant, with fumigating power.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Last edited:
I have what I thought was a larger piece of Habz sinking Sri Lankan, but after seeing the picture above me...This piece is on its 6th or 7th burn. I've left it on the burner at 300C+ a few times. Even now, I just crank it at 400C and leave it until my burner gets too hot. At this point I'm trying to see when the wood will tap out. It scents a small open concept space noticeably.

I am also realising how abysmal I am at picking up distinctions in oud vs in oils. With wood, I really only have 3 categories I place things I smell into: The (eventual) sweetness of Sri Lankan wood that is almost exclusive to the one from Habz; Various colours of creamy sweetness from TAS Kinams; and a spicier sweetness from Agarwood from TAS.
 
I have what I thought was a larger piece of Habz sinking Sri Lankan, but after seeing the picture above me...This piece is on its 6th or 7th burn. I've left it on the burner at 300C+ a few times. Even now, I just crank it at 400C and leave it until my burner gets too hot. At this point I'm trying to see when the wood will tap out. It scents a small open concept space noticeably.

I am also realising how abysmal I am at picking up distinctions in oud vs in oils. With wood, I really only have 3 categories I place things I smell into: The (eventual) sweetness of Sri Lankan wood that is almost exclusive to the one from Habz; Various colours of creamy sweetness from TAS Kinams; and a spicier sweetness from Agarwood from TAS.
If you're looking for something new that's affordable and can be an easy daily burn, I would recommend the 40yr old Vietnamese plantation chips from Oudique. These will deliver the classic Crassna vanillic oudiness that we all love. Great to smell and nice also to have a baseline wood scent to compare others against.
 
Shoyeido agarwood for their Kodutu heater

Time and time again, these resin laden morsels have proven to be very pleasurable, so glad to have them🥰
I completely agree. I just wish they didn’t cut the size of the amount sold from 10 grams to 5 grams. They didn’t change the price but made these morsels twice as difficult to get. And the wholesale site doesn’t have the Take or Matsu grades in stock and haven’t for many months. Only their highest grade for 5gs for $310. Normally $620 for 5 grams. And frankly I like the way the Matsu grade smells the most. I guess I like a bit of wood with my resin.
 
If you're looking for something new that's affordable and can be an easy daily burn, I would recommend the 40yr old Vietnamese plantation chips from Oudique. These will deliver the classic Crassna vanillic oudiness that we all love. Great to smell and nice also to have a baseline wood scent to compare others against.
One hundred agree with you. I used it to learn how to burn oud with charcoal, and it's an absolute treat once you get the hang of it
 
Back
Top