Without this clarification I would have assumed you meant something which smelling like farnesol, or light floral green, lily-of-the-valley sort of scent šŸ˜…
it's a funny term that I carry over from my mycology days... aroma was an important trait for distinguishing certain species in the field when you didn't have a microscope available.
 
I have, and it is a difficult wood in general. this is one of those woods that have extremely precious and rich oil but not evenly spread out throughout its mass. that along with the nose power acting up and many woods coming in weekly have made it stay back like many others, in the momory and waiting to bbe rediscovered sometime again.

almost all of the kyaras i have leave me puzzled all day long after a good nose day on the heater with them. what is the most amazing thing is to have multiple heaters and to see how the one wood opens doors for the other wood. its mostly just notes stuck inside the nostrils. so it turns into this fume attar saturated nose hair fest

what is strange to me is how the finest agarwood which is so high up there and many times beyond the kyara is priced much cheaper and the masters and old houses have not increased the prices for these specific woods. there are many levels of agarwood besides the kyara. the basic, the medium, the good, then the unicorn of the basics which is that classic aroma we all love but it comes in such a long lasting/rich/powerful scent on the heater, then it is this wood which isnt close to the agarwood or the kyara but you can see hints of the agarwood regions in it at some points in the heating. for example, on 40-100 there are some agarwoods that aroma surpass 90% of kyaras and at the same level of the highest of kyara with such uniqueness then after 100 you can see basic agarwood notes. but the bellow is so ridiculously unique...makes me feel if it has more time growing it may have turned into top notch kyara with no agarwoody notes at all

So true about the price of agarwood at the old houses. I can only guess the Kyara have more medical value Āæ? Hence the price
 
AlMokhlif Oud - Hindi Sallah (Above Super)

These little thin and long needle sticks of goodness are packed with oil. It’s so sweet, mellow, earthy, and smoky. Love ā€˜em.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2507.webp
    144.2 KB · Views: 0
I don’t know how to put this…. Today I witnessed a gorgeous rose, strong rose….from a baked sweet potato lol

I was sure that someone had accidentally spilled some rose oil that I hadn’t realized. I cut into the cooked potato and the room filled with roses. I didn’t realize it was the potato cause it was confusing. What a cool experience
 
I don’t know how to put this…. Today I witnessed a gorgeous rose, strong rose….from a baked sweet potato lol

I was sure that someone had accidentally spilled some rose oil that I hadn’t realized. I cut into the cooked potato and the room filled with roses. I didn’t realize it was the potato cause it was confusing. What a cool experience
Honestly, I’ve been having similar experiences where I smell oud coming from food I eat. Or even weirder is tasting oud or an attar from eating certain food. It pleasantly tickles my brain. I’ve had 2 experiences in less than a month and want to coin a term for it.
 
I don’t know how to put this…. Today I witnessed a gorgeous rose, strong rose….from a baked sweet potato lol

I was sure that someone had accidentally spilled some rose oil that I hadn’t realized. I cut into the cooked potato and the room filled with roses. I didn’t realize it was the potato cause it was confusing. What a cool experience
I’m not surprised, when I eat Japanese Sweet Potato there’s a lovely aroma, and I always think that I wish I could distill them and capture that scent.
 
I’m not surprised, when I eat Japanese Sweet Potato there’s a lovely aroma, and I always think that I wish I could distill them and capture that scent.
i honestly couldnt believe my nose. it was a super rich pinkish-redish rose as if it was flashing taif and a deep red rose at the same time and it was super confusing because it didnt make sense that it was coming from the sweet potato. i have never witnessed this before.
 
Kangiiten - Wild Ceram powder. This is one of those powders that requires a couple of warm up sessions at a higher heat that then lends towards dropping the temp once it's opened up. Very rich smelling deep sweet resin. Cooling...I'm going to say there is purple in here as well. A little goes a long way.
 
Back
Top