Wood from Wardlab - this is a pleasant, sweet, clean smelling crassna.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
I've been fortunate to have been gifted some samples by one of our new members who also lives in my home town of Brisbane @crigg
One of these samples is a nice and think chip of ASO's - Taman Negra (Malay). What a treat this is! Quite chunky and thick but clearly resinated all the way through. I've snapped it into about four session sized pieces and it's already giving out a room filling beauty at around 180. This is some special stuff. :praying: :praying:
 
Heating some Enlightenment by Dr. Incense on the Subitism. Such a different experience than burning. All of the ingredients come out very distinctly as the temperature goes up. First the cooling borneol is released, then progressively deeper oud notes. Wafts of light smoke for hours.
Heating incense on a sub is definitely a great way to get twice the love from a stick. Personally, I think some sticks actually smell better this way, rather than combusted.
 
Heating incense on a sub is definitely a great way to get twice the love from a stick. Personally, I think some sticks actually smell better this way, rather than combusted.
no doubt.. considering the quality of the materials used by Dr. Incense, I find that heating the sticks on the subitism "burner"/ warmer the superior method for appreciation sessions.... that's not to say I don't light them up as well.
 
View attachment 56293
Jamming on some Super Trat that I got from Russian Adam back in 2017 .. washing it down with a cup of Souchong black
Up until recently, I have been using one of An Agarwoods carved rosewood subs, (although purchased via Aroma Sublime). It's a beautiful thing to have on my table. I had eventually gotten the hang of using a voltage dial and where most chips sit comfortably. Still have no idea what that temp translates to which has always bothered me. I've now upgraded again to this same sub as pictured above. It's such an improvement on the older models. Especially that now it has a temperature dial in the front. It also has a great look about it and is clearly a quality build. It came with a couple of large ROUND mica sheets (again fantastic) and a round wire mesh "platform" for lack of a better word to sit more delicate woods on and a metal dish for powders. It's just so user friendly I really would recommend this version of a sub to anyone thinking of getting into heating wood.
It's been very interesting watching the evolution of subs over the last few years as well. I bet KZ is wishing he had put a patent on the idea. The only thing that has tripped me up is having to use an adapter to use it with Australian plugs. I think it's a Chinese plug as I don't recognise the pin configuration. Quite heavy and doesn't sit snug in the holes.
Yesterday, I had the sub running for a couple of hours when I noticed the scent had died down so I thought my chip had finished. Upon inspection I could see that the wire was no longer glowing hot even though the dial was cranked and I couldn't hear it running. I thought, I wonder if it has a timer that shuts it off after a few hours which isn't uncommon in other heater's but no, it didn't want to turn back on. I checked the cable on the box...fine. Next checked the cable at the plug end. It had ever so slightly pulled itself out from the adaptor due to it's weight. Pushed it back in and away we go.
Not the most exciting story but if anyone is thinking of getting one of these either from Miki Lee or Kangiiten or AlHindoud for that matter, go for it. Best thing ever.
 
Awhile back I visited an ashram and picked up Dasangam powder. I liken it almost to a Hindu version of Bakhoor. It is so very pleasant on low heat. Sandalwood and sweet resins combine to make a very uplifting atmosphere. No oud in it, but I can definitely see myself adding some of my own shavings to it.
 
Back
Top