C-sauce - I had a similar reaction the first time I smelled oil from higher quality wood processed in the traditional ways. There are so many complex notes in oud, that you will probably find yourself in a similar spot as you broaden your experience. Some smell like they had a dab of benzaldehyde, others with distinct ambergris nuances, some with patchouli-like notes, or musk, or like there’s a little sassafras / safrole, or Cassie absolute, nagarmotha, even carrot seed oil mixed in.

I know some ouds probably literally have some of those materials added to round out the aromas, but I feel like I’ve encountered nearly all of these notes in oils from trusted vendors as well.

Seems like a life‘s work to really familiarize yourself with all the nuances.
 
Ensar sells as much or more plantation oil as any other vendor, Malaysian and Indonesian wild wood while maybe not as plentiful is still fully available!! Ensar can pay others to distill all the shavings wild or cultivated he wants , and claim he had a part in doing the work but we all know he’s just a reselling vendor at this point and he’s probably bent his Taiwan guys figured out how to market and sell to his customers direct and now don’t need to sell to ensar for less !!!
Did Ensar leave Taiwan or was he RAN out?
I think he was priced out and his reputation is so damaged he’s losing market share to better players with honest values !
I wonder how long before ensar gets out of the game because he cant compete 🤦🏻‍♂️
His customer service is utterly unscrupulous. No regard to the customer whatsoever.
 
Top