A way to tell is the purity of the opening. Wild ouds tend to hit you immediately with a complex olfactory palate, while younger, plantation-grown ouds start with a blunted oiliness or a piercing phenolic burn. Wild ouds last a lot longer than organics, and they evolve in less predictable directions. You will also find that wild ouds are diverse in a more interesting way than organics. They have a haecceity (or peculiar uniqueness) that is tied to a specific climate, locale, tree, and even section of a tree.

This is why I don’t believe there is any reason to doubt the quality of EO. It speaks for itself.
 
Last edited:
Ensar has some of the best oils and most of the controversy about him is nonsense. I see no reason to stop buying from him.
Personally other than the "kinam-kyara" labels, I agree. Nha trang ltd (which is one of his top quality oils) never needed a kinam-kyara label, neither did my favorite oil which is the most kinamic oil in existence (again in my opinion from my experiences with kinam wood) "oud ertugrul", and neither did any of his other unique oils. To downgrade on the names of kinam-kyara was never for the love of anything but money or so it seems. We could be quick to judge and say it was for money but his oils do have some aspects that he wanted to label as kinam for having slight fraction of kinam characteristics, and maybe wanted to make a bold statement, but it is still an overreach in my mind if we look closely to what kinam really is.. But regardless if we will all be honest, we need to give the man a lot of credit and props for all he has done all those years! I am no oil guy but I can see. In no way do i agree with the prices of his oils which he justifies by the "art-artist" idea but could/should be applied to his perfume compositions. Oil is just what comes from the wood and distillation and since its not ensar doing the distilling i dont know if we can call it ensars art, even tho there is kinda like an art to get good wood to distill, to me it seems like the wood is more art than the oil lol like taking a beautiful canvas and making it less beautiful as every connoisseur of oil and good wood knows that oil will never be as beautiful and complex as good wood because simply no one uses the top top wood to distill and i doubt they ever really did because it just isnt possible to emulate the stages and all the delicate notes the wood has to offer in a concentrated way without having the dominant notes dominate the rest of the composition and stages that we see in the heating from low to high are lost. I also believe there are a lot of terpenes lost in the distillation process of agarwood. @EJayB isnt the terpene extraction method a much different method than essential oil extraction? I mean terpenes are more like water than they are oil arent they? I am asking because i remember with cannabis this was the case. A company in canada from "bubbleman" was selling them, maybe still is "blueriver extracts" if i remember correctly. I wonder what extracting the terpenes of agarwood would be like, i am guessing like a super clean and potent aroma of the room temp of the wood.
 
I’ve heard nothing but great things about that oil.

I can nowhere near afford it though lol.
.25g is enough to experience it for many months. what i do is get a needle, dip the tip in about 2mm and apply to skin. it will smell on the skin for 16-18 hours. this is a long time to smell the notes it gives. but yea if you want to use it as a perfume where others can smell it on you then i wouldnt buy .25g. applied to the beard you can def smell that little amount as you walk around and turn your head in different directions. on the cheeks 1 needle amount on each side the oil will still last extremely long time.
 
I like the beard/chin dab too. It is more for me and less of a “wife repellent.” A tiny amount can be smelt a day later. That said, 1K for .25g of Purple Kinam is daunting. Is it worth it compared to, say, Royal Guallam or does it follow the law of diminishing returns?
 
This guy seems completely unhinged. I wouldn’t take any of this seriously until he provides actual proof.

Royal Guallam is a great oil. I haven’t tried the other two. Everything else I have purchased from Ensar is excellent quality.
That one is fantastic, as are so many from Ensar. Having compared several vendors, I find Ensar’s oils to be the most interesting or flawless at multiple price points. I have smelled a few oils from different houses that I would swear contain aroma chemicals, but I don’t get this from him. I also don’t think that his descriptions are marketing ploys by any means. They read like literary criticism, except instead of being a poem the text is oud. I have received a sort of bachelor’s degree by perusing his many expositions while sampling the oils. One thing I’ve learned for sure is that this stuff smells great, and that’s the most important thing.
 
I don’t want to name names in case I’m wrong, which is likely. Yes, I mean perfuming ingredients, synthetic or nature-identical. It wouldn’t be difficult to add nuance to an oil by adding tiny amounts of vanillin, camphor, etc. It would take an expert nose to detect the adulteration, and even then it could be near impossible to tell.
 
This guy seems completely unhinged. I wouldn’t take any of this seriously until he provides actual proof.

Royal Guallam is a great oil. I haven’t tried the other two. Everything else I have purchased from Ensar is excellent quality.

I’ve removed his post here as it has been posted on another thread and this is spamming your conversation.
 
Newbies (on forums or in Oud world) can't withstand EO's superb marketing. No way out, literally no way out. Blogging, subscriptioning, YouTube-ing, Oud-Festing, Oudville-ing and what not are the baits to hook. It is not limited to EO only, it is now into the very chemistry of online business. E knows how to master the market, and he surely succeeds by hook or by crook.
 
Last edited:
For a realistic and fair price
Price must be this
Wood price:8-10 grams oil/kg
İ am talking about real incense grade wood(also wood price must not be with retail orice,because minimum using 1-2 kilo woods for distilling)
+50% for labour and profit,this muat be real cost,rest is …..
 
For a realistic and fair price
Price must be this
Wood price:8-10 grams oil/kg
İ am talking about real incense grade wood(also wood price must not be with retail orice,because minimum using 1-2 kilo woods for distilling)
+50% for labour and profit,this muat be real cost,rest is …..
im almost 100% sure that super grade wood is not used ever. always mid grade and per kilogram they might add like 10-20grams of high grade. this is what i am thinking is going on.
 
Newbies (on forums or in Oud world) can't withstand EO's superb marketing. No way out, literally no way out. Blogging, subscriptioning, YouTube-ing, Oud-Festing, Oudville-ing and what not are the baits to hook. It is not limited to EO only, it is now into the very chemistry of online business. E knows how to master the market, and he surely succeeds by hook or by crook.
Ensar was actually how I discovered Oud through his videos on his channel.

So he certainly has a grasp on marketing and advertising.
 
Top