Since @language scent does not respond, but after this posts elsewhere, I would like to clarify something in response to his above posts.
I don't understand why somebody says "i don't understand the language", and after that make such a big statement.
The video clearly states for Arabic reading people: "different types of scams in oudh".

I want to take this moment to clarify something.
The Arabs has always been falsely portrayed as a "villain" in Western films.
This is the idea of: "keep saying there is a monster under the bed and a child will believe it".
I fear that this stems from things that people have been taught by the media and have unconsciously come to see as truth.
From what I see, this forum is an example of how different nationalities can live in harmony and share a passion with each other. We should encourage that, instead of going along with hatred and division, based on false information.

We should be grateful to this presenter and the people who made this happen, because they warn us about oudh scams that we can fall into unsuspectingly.
Not sure about Europe but unlike how the media presents the "Average American", the line between East and West grows more obscure here daily. I appreciate your response. We all need to look at the similarities rather than differences between us and recognize the Truth, we are all the same, though language and cultures vary greatly, the Truth is the Truth. Where I live in California is a huge melting pot of many peoples, many cultures and we all live in relative harmony. There is but one Truth. Hatred of any kind goes against it. Not to turn this into a theological discussion but this is something I have great interest. Rest assured, I do not think Arab peoples are negatively viewed here, in my part of the world, as was, say 50 years or more ago. This country was (stolen) built on the precipice of diversity and religious freedom, shame on those who forget but there are plenty. We can only try, as you have, to set the record right and pray for them.
 
Since @language scent does not respond, but after this posts elsewhere, I would like to clarify something in response to his above posts.
I don't understand why somebody says "i don't understand the language", and after that make such a big statement.
The video clearly states for Arabic reading people: "different types of scams in oudh".

I want to take this moment to clarify something.
The Arabs has always been falsely portrayed as a "villain" in Western films.
This is the idea of: "keep saying there is a monster under the bed and a child will believe it".
I fear that this stems from things that people have been taught by the media and have unconsciously come to see as truth.
From what I see, this forum is an example of how different nationalities can live in harmony and share a passion with each other. We should encourage that, instead of going along with hatred and division, based on false information.

We should be grateful to this presenter and the people who made this happen, because they warn us about oudh scams that we can fall into unsuspectingly.
Bro, calm your horses!! First of all you have no clue what I know about the fascists of this world and division and what stance I have towards this. Division is greeds greatest tool to divide us all on earth and push propaganda and lies to keep us in conflicts and other. Don’t turn anything into a racial issue because I assure you I am much less racist than you and anyone you know! I have many Arab brothers!! I don’t understand the language but I understand the guy was talking about how oils are adulterated in the market and people wouldn’t realize it. You said something like I don’t respond but have posted elsewhere after this…or something like that. Just what are you talking about? Lol you stalking me cuz? 😂🤣😂🤣
 
Do you mean that the man who is talking, teaches people how to scam?
I ask this, because it is not clear for me
Sorry bro but this is a dumb question lol scams happen in the dark bro and not in the open hahaha bankers do not make videos on YouTube about how to scam everyone. It is super obvious that the guy in the video is showing people how scammers and thief’s do their boolsheet. Why would anyone even think to claim that this guy teaching the Arabs how to scam the westerners lmao bro you must be smokin some good hashishi lol send me some I want some of that good stuff 😂🤣
 
simple...buyers/collectors must understand is bussines in the end , vendors cannot be fully transparency public otherwise will not be bussines anymore even if you life or not. Some of guys worry to much about (and thats because ysome want to find nirvana with insta/etsy and direct to the source but not want ot take the risk, they think vendors do milions...,yea with that sellers you can be fooled but not here or ensar/taha), that 2 videos are about shitty wood and oils witch are arround uae/saudi and all gulf market, thats nothing to do with quality agarwood, like i said before, any guy here who try some good oil even entry level will recognize imediatly is something wrong with woods or oil with aromachemicals or glycerins or any shit material to fake it , to easy to spot. And the dilution some of you mention, i dare you to try and see its not possible , if you mix 50 50 with alchool and other solvents oil will become crap , if you add esential oils even 1 part of 10 parts , the EO will overpower oud , almost all EO's available will overpower smell of oud..
Like brother Abutominaga said , cgms is not that easy as people think ,specially to read it and interpret it , secondly during distilations alot of molecules from pot itself goes into oil , thats why i mention many times is not that safe to drink/taste as people think is....only if is glass distilled is safe ! Of course you not die...but its not safe for you body, little bit on toothpick and drop in water/tea lets say is fine...
But...finish with that discussion of that 2 arabs , i dare you to go in UAE and see if you find 2 oils atleast entry level from thousands shops ! Yes they fake it alot , from polish paint , make it sink bouya sinai etc etc but thats not the case with our vendors here or ensar/taha ! And everybody can say anything about Ensar..i dont like his behavior but bro nobody can claim he have bad oils, in fact is maybe best ,we have to say it ...
cheers
 
Y
simple...buyers/collectors must understand is bussines in the end , vendors cannot be fully transparency public otherwise will not be bussines anymore even if you life or not. Some of guys worry to much about (and thats because ysome want to find nirvana with insta/etsy and direct to the source but not want ot take the risk, they think vendors do milions...,yea with that sellers you can be fooled but not here or ensar/taha), that 2 videos are about shitty wood and oils witch are arround uae/saudi and all gulf market, thats nothing to do with quality agarwood, like i said before, any guy here who try some good oil even entry level will recognize imediatly is something wrong with woods or oil with aromachemicals or glycerins or any shit material to fake it , to easy to spot. And the dilution some of you mention, i dare you to try and see its not possible , if you mix 50 50 with alchool and other solvents oil will become crap , if you add esential oils even 1 part of 10 parts , the EO will overpower oud , almost all EO's available will overpower smell of oud..
Like brother Abutominaga said , cgms is not that easy as people think ,specially to read it and interpret it , secondly during distilations alot of molecules from pot itself goes into oil , thats why i mention many times is not that safe to drink/taste as people think is....only if is glass distilled is safe ! Of course you not die...but its not safe for you body, little bit on toothpick and drop in water/tea lets say is fine...
But...finish with that discussion of that 2 arabs , i dare you to go in UAE and see if you find 2 oils atleast entry level from thousands shops ! Yes they fake it alot , from polish paint , make it sink bouya sinai etc etc but thats not the case with our vendors here or ensar/taha ! And everybody can say anything about Ensar..i dont like his behavior but bro nobody can claim he have bad oils, in fact is maybe best ,we have to say it ...
cheers
You the man bro! Always saying it how it is
 
@The Scent Guru, i tried to reply your previeus post, but something went wrong, here my reaction:


Thank you for your post.
I appreciate your explanation and the insight you have given into how people can happily live together in your environment.
My impression is also that in general Americans are more awake than Europeans.
So don't get me wrong, my response to @language scent's post was only to prevent people from being pushed in the wrong direction.

It is an enrichment to meet people from all corners of the world, to learn and share from each other.
I think that is a great favor that we all share here.
Thanks again for your valid addition
 
Last edited:
Bro, calm your horses!! First of all you have no clue what I know about the fascists of this world and division and what stance I have towards this. Division is greeds greatest tool to divide us all on earth and push propaganda and lies to keep us in conflicts and other. Don’t turn anything into a racial issue because I assure you I am much less racist than you and anyone you know! I have many Arab brothers!! I don’t understand the language but I understand the guy was talking about how oils are adulterated in the market and people wouldn’t realize it. You said something like I don’t respond but have posted elsewhere after this…or something like that. Just what are you talking about? Lol you stalking me cuz? 😂🤣😂🤣

Ok I didn't know so much emotion would be released.
Please stick to the point, no one has called you racist.
But if you took this so personally, I apologize.
Please read my response again, hopefully you will understand it more in the context i intended it and not take it too personally.

At the same time, I hope that you will also remain critical of yourself.
You can expect a reaction if you make a big statement about a video where you just said that you don't understand the language.
Also be aware that there are more people who do not speak the Arabic language, so I felt compelled to clarify this.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for your post.
I appreciate your explanation and the insight you have given into how people can happily live together in your environment.
My impression is also that in general Americans are more awake than Europeans.
So don't get me wrong, my response to @language scent's post was only to prevent people from being pushed in the wrong direction.

It is an enrichment to meet people from all corners of the world, to learn and share from each other.
I think that is a great favor that we all share here.
Thanks again for your valid addition


Ok I didn't know so much emotion would be released.
Please stick to the point, no one has called you racist.
But if you took this so personally, I apologize.
Please read my response again, hopefully you will understand it more in the context i intended it and not take it too personally.
Nah brother nothing personal I sometimes act like a troll lol sorry
 
Sorry bro but this is a dumb question lol scams happen in the dark bro and not in the open hahaha bankers do not make videos on YouTube about how to scam everyone. It is super obvious that the guy in the video is showing people how scammers and thief’s do their boolsheet. Why would anyone even think to claim that this guy teaching the Arabs how to scam the westerners lmao bro you must be smokin some good hashishi lol send me some I want some of that good stuff 😂🤣
hashish hahahaahahha
 
i have some of the prices list.
柬埔寨Cambodi 15600TWD/g 巴布亞Papua 9500TWD/g 嘉雅布拉Jayapura 8000TWD/g 緬甸 Myanmar 13000TWD/g 緬甸棋楠 Myanmar Kyara 18000TWD/g 汶萊 Brunei 18000TWD/g 芽庄Nha Trang 15600TWD/g 斯里蘭卡Sri Lanka 15600TWD/g 加里曼丹 Kalimantan 12000TWD/g 馬尼撈 Malinau Kyara 17000TWD/g 海南島Hainan 15600TWD/g 印度檀香 India Sandalwood 400TWD/g 琥珀沉香 Amber agarwood 2000TWD/g

Hainan year of 2009 Jayapura year of 2015 Myanmar year of 2017 Nha Trang 2009 Brunei 2012 Kalimantan 2015 Papua 2013 Sri Lanka 2015 Cambodia 2016
those for kyarasifu

other guy price list
I have 14 different regions,
Hainan 3260
Nha Trang 3260
Papua 2615
Myanmar 2720
Men tien kyara 3765
Numbay 2510
Tarakan 3260
Pursat kyara 3260
Brunei 3765
Ceylon 3260
Lan Xang 2615
Malinau kyara 3765
Indian sandalwood 85
Oud amber 420
This is the price for a 0.2 gram sample
(Taiwan dollar)
thanks for the list! it seems like kyarasifu's price is much higher than the price i'm getting from my vendor/oud teacher
 
simple...buyers/collectors must understand is bussines in the end , vendors cannot be fully transparency public otherwise will not be bussines anymore even if you life or not. Some of guys worry to much about (and thats because ysome want to find nirvana with insta/etsy and direct to the source but not want ot take the risk, they think vendors do milions...,yea with that sellers you can be fooled but not here or ensar/taha), that 2 videos are about shitty wood and oils witch are arround uae/saudi and all gulf market, thats nothing to do with quality agarwood, like i said before, any guy here who try some good oil even entry level will recognize imediatly is something wrong with woods or oil with aromachemicals or glycerins or any shit material to fake it , to easy to spot. And the dilution some of you mention, i dare you to try and see its not possible , if you mix 50 50 with alchool and other solvents oil will become crap , if you add esential oils even 1 part of 10 parts , the EO will overpower oud , almost all EO's available will overpower smell of oud..
Like brother Abutominaga said , cgms is not that easy as people think ,specially to read it and interpret it , secondly during distilations alot of molecules from pot itself goes into oil , thats why i mention many times is not that safe to drink/taste as people think is....only if is glass distilled is safe ! Of course you not die...but its not safe for you body, little bit on toothpick and drop in water/tea lets say is fine...
But...finish with that discussion of that 2 arabs , i dare you to go in UAE and see if you find 2 oils atleast entry level from thousands shops ! Yes they fake it alot , from polish paint , make it sink bouya sinai etc etc but thats not the case with our vendors here or ensar/taha ! And everybody can say anything about Ensar..i dont like his behavior but bro nobody can claim he have bad oils, in fact is maybe best ,we have to say it ...
cheers
You’re quite right about the gulf market having the most adulterated form of oud available, reason it being the most demanding market & demand is what a seller seeks. (Much more than the distiller is what I feel)
A distiller might not know (sadly) at what price his oil is being sold by the reseller or if his oils are being adulterated, because it’s not his oil anymore.

We all know, Oud being a luxury good has a high income elasticity of demand (people buy more of as they get richer)

Being from India & having interacted with several oud retailers/companies (not artisans), their selling desire is completely Gulf based, so much so that they don’t even keep (let alone show) their good quality oils for the Indian market, because the majority will usually not be willing to pay the price they set. Sellers are also reluctant to sell anything less than 2.5gm, another reason why people in India are unable to make a purchase & have less exposure to good quality oud, as they usually don’t see it as an investment. Like someone has stated above, oud education is a necessity. The more we know, the more we will be able to appreciate.

Needless to say, the sellers in India are more hospitable (sadly) to visitors from the Gulf. They claim that the people from Gulf understand oud & it’s value (indirectly asserting that they will pay high prices) while never trying to explain & convince the locals (with enthusiasm) to purchase oud that grows in their own backyard. Which leads me to say, the common man in India doesn’t know the greatness that leaves his land & what people abroad do to get their hands on that greatness.

So clearly, it’s business over passion or a feeling of brotherhood (wishing a fellow oud/fragrance enthusiast to experience something like a good quality oud). Morals, manners & ethics are indeed sensitive to money.

Regarding this entire thread of Oud purity & dilution, verily, the distillers and resellers are well versed & aware of the tips & tricks regarding oud & to me it looks like the only way to sleep peacefully at night and wake up happy, is to go in the jungle, cut the wood & distill, all by yourself (Regardless of the grade of wood).
P.S ~ I’m being impractical ofcourse.
 
Last edited:
With all this controversy regarding Ensar I’m actually regretting buying some oils from him 😔 it’s a shame because I have such pleasant memories associated with the scents of some of his oils.
 
With all this controversy regarding Ensar I’m actually regretting buying some oils from him 😔 it’s a shame because I have such pleasant memories associated with the scents of some of his oils.
Then you need to build a base for your own opinion, your personal preferences and so on. The things I love can not be touched by anyones opinions but only my opinion. If I love something that 99% of the world views as trash I will not give a rats ass about the worlds views
 
Since there is so much drama between people I believe there should be a live video conference where all parties show their face and and provide us with a link so we can see their facial expressions as they battle about things without much time to think about how they should answer. I am saying this because we need to balance out all this hate with laughter. Personally I find it hilarious that people do not want to accept that everyone has their own taste in things and no one should be accusing someone just cause they don’t agree with aromatics provided.

All this drama, at least entertain us with a live video battle
 
Then you need to build a base for your own opinion, your personal preferences and so on. The things I love can not be touched by anyones opinions but only my opinion. If I love something that 99% of the world views as trash I will not give a rats ass about the worlds views
I agree brother, you shouldn’t care about opinions of people who don’t care about you.
You might love a thing & it’s bad for you. You might hate a thing & it’s good for you.
You won’t realise there’s rice in your beard or if your eyes look slightly puffy, but people will. Those who care about you will not only just notice, but will also inform you & some might even go out of their way to help you.
Also brother I’m sure you agree, that an honest enemy is better than a fake friend.
 
I agree brother, you shouldn’t care about opinions of people who don’t care about you.
You might love a thing & it’s bad for you. You might hate a thing & it’s good for you.
You won’t realise there’s rice in your beard or if your eyes look slightly puffy, but people will. Those who care about you will not only just notice, but will also inform you & some might even go out of their way to help you.
Also brother I’m sure you agree, that an honest enemy is better than a fake friend.
Yea bro, many fakes out there for sure!! It’s all very complex
 
Then you need to build a base for your own opinion, your personal preferences and so on. The things I love can not be touched by anyones opinions but only my opinion. If I love something that 99% of the world views as trash I will not give a rats ass about the worlds views
You’re correct i guess I have more maturing to do.
 

Don’t have the time to type a proper response but I wholeheartedly agree with this.

The costs of producing top tier oil today is astronomical, and much of the high grade Taiwanese oils are made from wood that is not easily available today and that would render distillation economically unviable today, although even the products on the market today barely move.

Oud is expensive folks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


In the US when oud first started appearing online no one knew anything it seemed based on online discussion. There were basically zero knowledgeable, participating consumers and no English language websites with information or translations, so it seems folks learned almost everything from vendors who were themselves just cutting their teeth. Pretty much at the mercy of the honesty of these folks because they were the only ones with 1 foot in the developed market.

I think western consumers (at least those more or less similar to me) have as much unlearning to do at this point as they do learning.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top