Baieido Jinkoh Kokoh old batch

A powerful blend of resin, spice, and agarwood. It took years to come to terms with it, initially I thought that it should be mainly agarwood.


Then some of Ken’s PNG

Very nice, I think that there are very many variations of Papuan agarwood, and some can be Excellent 😍
 
No doubt in some sticks, and synthetics in some sticks too, obvious with some, and more difficult to be certain with others.
Wait, what?!

What about the likes of Shoyeido? Do they also use synthetics?
Does Shoyeido use essential oils? They've advertised that they don't use synthetics at least.
 
Wait, what?!

What about the likes of Shoyeido? Do they also use synthetics?
Does Shoyeido use essential oils? They've advertised that they don't use synthetics at least.
I would trust Shoyeido’s claims.
From their premium line, I don’t smell synthetics, as for essential oils, I can’t be certain, because the natural ingredients and resins themselves may contain oil.
 
I would trust Shoyeido’s claims.
From their premium line, I don’t smell synthetics, as for essential oils, I can’t be certain, because the natural ingredients and resins themselves may contain oil.
Well, that's sad if even the likes of Shoyeido can not be trusted in their claims.

Do you know of any japanese houses which don't use essential oils or synthetics for sure?
 
Well, that's sad if even the likes of Shoyeido can not be trusted in their claims.

Do you know of any japanese houses which don't use essential oils or synthetics for sure?
I “would” trust Shoyeido’s claims.

As for “being sure” which house does not use essential oils or synthetics, I can’t be sure, I can only guess with my nose, and even at that, it will only be a guess.
 
Wait, what?!

What about the likes of Shoyeido? Do they also use synthetics?
Does Shoyeido use essential oils? They've advertised that they don't use synthetics at least.
According to Olfactory Rescue Service Shoyeido uses essential oils in their sticks. I would imagine most of the big houses do the same. It’s not a matter of not trusting them because they’ve always been apparent on the use of essential oils in their sticks. While they do claim to use all natural materials like Oudamberlove said, you can tell which ones are using synthetics.

Nippon Kodo is probably the biggest perpetrator of synthetic perfume oils in their incense though.
 
Back
Top