I just toured the Shoyeido Premium Assortment, from King’s Aroma to Translucent Path, and I must say,
it’s almost a work of Olfactory Art.

Interesting creations indeed, without too much spice, resins, and medicinal type ingredients.
Kings Aroma is one of my favorite blends as is Friend of Pine and Pride of Kyoto. I think for what these are and how they’re priced they’re absolutely stunning. For my own tastes it’s hard to find compositions that bring me the same joy King’s Aroma does.
 
Incense of the day…..
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Lotus Dew (Pontianak incense stick) by KZ.
Striking resemblance in terms of the sweetness to Le's processed incenses.
The complexity of agarwood is definitely there but this resemblance in the sweetness has caught my attention.
 
Last edited:
KyaraZen 2088tea.com page doesn't work, where do you do your orders?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Med
Pine woods (Pontianak incense stick) by KZ.
Striking resemblance in terms of the sweetness to Le's processed incenses.
The complexity of agarwood is definitely there but this resemblance in the sweetness has caught my attention.
Excellent. I’m excited for my order to arrive. Did the sweetness catch your eye because it speaks to the skill of Doc I being a similar level as KyaraZen? I really love his incense and I’m excited to see how it compares to KyaraZen.
 
Excellent. I’m excited for my order to arrive. Did the sweetness catch your eye because it speaks to the skill of Doc I being a similar level as KyaraZen? I really love his incense and I’m excited to see how it compares to KyaraZen.
Not about the level of skill but curios about whether similar techniques were used to attain the sweetness or if it's purely because of the wood used.
Because Le 'processes' his incense sticks but KZ doesn't mention anything. But I do think that KZ is employing different techniques behind the doors to modify the aroma of his sticks. I wondered if the technique he used in Lotus Dew is the same as what Le uses. That's all.
 
KZ Kangii-Koh

My first from the latest KyaraZen release.
Exquisite blend of various sandalwoods. Smells splendid.
I can feel that a lot of thinking has gone into the blending and optimizing various facets of Sandalwood from India, Indonesia, Tonga and Africa. The alluring scent of santal is diffusive and quite tenacious as well. It stays with you for a while.
Most of the Sandalwood sticks that I adore are undoubtedly very beautiful but one dimensional. This, however, addresses that issue.
 
KZ Kangii-Koh

My first from the latest KyaraZen release.
Exquisite blend of various sandalwoods. Smells splendid.
I can feel that a lot of thinking has gone into the blending and optimizing various facets of Sandalwood from India, Indonesia, Tonga and Africa. The alluring scent of santal is diffusive and quite tenacious as well. It stays with you for a while.
Most of the Sandalwood sticks that I adore are undoubtedly very beautiful but one dimensional. This, however, addresses that issue.
I opted out of the full package because I have a ton of sandalwood right now but I’m wondering if I shouldn’t have!
 
ha! I opted for the full set just to avoid that feeling.😀
You know it’s funny you say that because with Oud I’ll blind buy anything and spend ridiculous money on oils I don’t like but with incense especially these small batch artisanal stuff I’m super picky and particular. Like REALLY picky. But now that I know KyaraZen’s style and the way he approaches incense I’ll be grabbing a full set the next time the drop comes around.
 
8 Millenniums is an interesting but familiar compositions. It has similar structure and vibes to Ken’s Synonyms of Nirvana however the clove is amped up in 8 millenniums. The cloves creates a cooling, herbal energy that seems to sing with the camphor and Agarwood. I’m also getting a creamy sweetness which could be frankincense and benzoin but it’s exceptionally well blended. I wonder if this recipe is similar to what Ken used with SoN because I’ve also smelled similar compositions from Shoyeido and Baieido. According to the description this is an ancient recipe so it’s cool to see this artisans interpretation. This is a daily burn I’d have no guilt blowing through.
 
Back
Top