Some Vietnam Incense, been meaning to release these for a wee while, a recent haul after some very large wood transactions, a totally new tier in incense.
[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
I'm formulating, researching, working, etc., which helps me steer clear of the blues, and I'm burning Tokusen Tanka, aka "Memories of Japan" by Daihatsu; no, it's not the car company, but the incense house that started in 1897.

This incense (see link below) smells like the fragrance floor of a no-longer bankrupt Barney's. It's not overwhelming like Begerdorf's, but a clean, very linear, modern Barney's.

It also reminds me of the wood used to carve Buddhist altars, complete with lilies in brass vases flanking the wooden doors. It's simply beautiful, and though the initial price tag is a significant drawback, the box lasts and lasts, I mean, come on, it has 450 sticks in it, and they burn for about 25 mins each. I've had mine for a few years now. And the smell, like that modern fragrance floor, lingers on you and your furry clothes. It's simply beautiful, like the scent of a rich aunt or the thoughtful gift you'd buy for your mother during the holidays.

I've been enjoying its perfume's notes all day long, since 9 AM EST, actually, and the aroma helps my concentration (and steers me in the right direction for my inspiration).

See:
https://www.japanincense.com/dh-0017.html

Many blessings and good health,
Joe
 
I'm formulating, researching, working, etc., which helps me steer clear of the blues, and I'm burning Tokusen Tanka, aka "Memories of Japan" by Daihatsu; no, it's not the car company, but the incense house that started in 1897.

This incense (see link below) smells like the fragrance floor of a no-longer bankrupt Barney's. It's not overwhelming like Begerdorf's, but a clean, very linear, modern Barney's.

It also reminds me of the wood used to carve Buddhist altars, complete with lilies in brass vases flanking the wooden doors. It's simply beautiful, and though the initial price tag is a significant drawback, the box lasts and lasts, I mean, come on, it has 450 sticks in it, and they burn for about 25 mins each. I've had mine for a few years now. And the smell, like that modern fragrance floor, lingers on you and your furry clothes. It's simply beautiful, like the scent of a rich aunt or the thoughtful gift you'd buy for your mother during the holidays.

I've been enjoying its perfume's notes all day long, since 9 AM EST, actually, and the aroma helps my concentration (and steers me in the right direction for my inspiration).

See:
https://www.japanincense.com/dh-0017.html

Many blessings and good health,
Joe
I can almost smell this burning in the background while reading your thoughts on it Joe!

It's a cooler day today, that or the AC is making seem so, for a first stick of the day, I'm going with, the stick you're probably annoyed hearing about, KyaraZen's Australian Sandalwood Joss sticks stocked by Kangiiten.
 
See, I wouldn't have gone for that personally. I'm not into florals at all. The description that I found doesn't mention oud as an ingredient?
White Chrysanthemum is just the English name for this incense, this isn't a floral incense.
If you haven't tried this series from Seijudo, put on your seatbelt.
This product series, from Enju all the way down to Shiragiku is their "kyara" series.
High quality aloeswood from Vietnam was used back in the day.
Apparently the formulas have been adjusted recently because of the dwindling supply of agarwood previously used, so I can't attest to how they are now, but they're probably still killer.

If you search Enju in this forum, you will see people like @iori reference it often.
Check out Kohgen's website. I think Worldshoppingcart will ship to AUS.

Try Enju (or some of the slightly cheaper ones) and see :handok:

Edit: Here's some descriptions from ORS
https://olfactoryrescueservice.wordpress.com/2009/06/15/seijudos-enju-seiran-shiragku-from-ross/
https://olfactoryrescueservice.word...ijudo-kohshu-shogetsu-nichigetsu-kyara-horen/
 
Last edited:
looking for florals. Waiting for Kotaro of Japan Incense to write me back with suggestions.
Off the top of my head, this is my favourite Japanese floral incense:
https://www.japanincense.com/ky-0001.html
The long form isn't available anymore, but as you can see, a shorter version is.
Apparently, this stick also got a reformulation, and I called Kotaro a couple years ago and asked him if there is a difference, and he said there was, but it was quite minimal.

I think I once on the Gaharu site I mentioned that it smelled like "confectionary Geishas" or something.....it's a great stick for the beginning of the Spring season.

I still have a box of the old stock from 10 years ago and am hanging on to it, but will likely try the new one in my next order. If you try it, post your thoughts here! If another favourite floral comes to mind, I'll let you know.
 
White Chrysanthemum is just the English name for this incense, this isn't a floral incense.
If you haven't tried this series from , put on your seatbelt.
This product series, from Enju all the way down to Shiragiku is their "kyara" series.
High quality aloeswood from Vietnam was used back in the day.
Apparently the formulas have been adjusted recently because of the dwindling supply of agarwood previously used, so I can't attest to how they are now, but they're probably still killer.

If you search Enju in this forum, you will see people like @iori reference it often.
Check out Kohgen's website. I think Worldshoppingcart will ship to AUS.

Try Enju (or some of the slightly cheaper ones) and see :handok:

Edit: Here's some descriptions from ORS
https://olfactoryrescueservice.wordpress.com/2009/06/15/seijudos-enju-seiran-shiragku-from-ross/
https://olfactoryrescueservice.word...ijudo-kohshu-shogetsu-nichigetsu-kyara-horen/
Japanese Yen to AU dollar is pretty much on par atm. Unfortunately their shipping is around $50 to Australia which puts a big NO on it.
 
Last edited:
See, I wouldn't have gone for that personally. I'm not into florals at all. The description that I found doesn't mention oud as an ingredient?
Its main ingredient is Vietnamese/Cambodian Crassna Agarwood, its one of best sticks ever made imo, and its hard to beat when it comes to performance and price.

In general Seijudo line is pretty Amazing, however each company have different approach how they used the Agarwood and Kyara etc, i love them all but prefer one over the other for my taste.
 
Its main ingredient is Vietnamese/Cambodian Crassna Agarwood, its one of best sticks ever made imo, and its hard to beat when it comes to performance and price.

In general Seijudo line is pretty Amazing, however each company have different approach how they used the Agarwood and Kyara etc, i love them all but prefer one over the other for my taste.
Is it this same one? https://ebay.us/m/GgLcE5
 
Nope not this one.
Here is links for it.

Shunkohdo Gia Lai
I love this stick i think i'm getting big box of this too lol.
 
Last edited:
Nope not this one.
Here is links for it.

Shunkohdo Gia Lai
I love this stick i think i'm getting big box of this too lol.
Sweet thanks 🙏
 
Kyara kokohshiboku - Baieido

Never been a big fan of Baiedo sticks, this one is a bit better but this is one of the houses where I learned that many companies just have 1 formula and all their sticks are variations on a theme, with varying degrees of quality adjustments.
 
Last edited:
I'm formulating, researching, working, etc., which helps me steer clear of the blues, and I'm burning Tokusen Tanka, aka "Memories of Japan" by Daihatsu; no, it's not the car company, but the incense house that started in 1897.

This incense (see link below) smells like the fragrance floor of a no-longer bankrupt Barney's. It's not overwhelming like Begerdorf's, but a clean, very linear, modern Barney's.

It also reminds me of the wood used to carve Buddhist altars, complete with lilies in brass vases flanking the wooden doors. It's simply beautiful, and though the initial price tag is a significant drawback, the box lasts and lasts, I mean, come on, it has 450 sticks in it, and they burn for about 25 mins each. I've had mine for a few years now. And the smell, like that modern fragrance floor, lingers on you and your furry clothes. It's simply beautiful, like the scent of a rich aunt or the thoughtful gift you'd buy for your mother during the holidays.

I've been enjoying its perfume's notes all day long, since 9 AM EST, actually, and the aroma helps my concentration (and steers me in the right direction for my inspiration).

See:
https://www.japanincense.com/dh-0017.html

Many blessings and good health,
Joe
I ordered some of the Tokusen Tanka (your description sounded good), Lilac Tanka, and Natural Sage. I’m still a noob in the incense space. I’m currently burning a stick by Fawn Horn which was made in Vietnam and smells like Chinese CK. There are no details on the packaging. It was like a promotion they inserted these in the box when buying chunks of Chinese CK. Really nice.
 
I ordered some of the Tokusen Tanka (your description sounded good), Lilac Tanka, and Natural Sage. I’m still a noob in the incense space. I’m currently burning a stick by Fawn Horn which was made in Vietnam and smells like Chinese CK. There are no details on the packaging. It was like a promotion they inserted these in the box when buying chunks of Chinese CK. Really nice.

I'm positive you'll love the Tokusen Tanka. By the way, who does the natural sage? Same company?
 
Back
Top