Kunmeido Tokusen Kyara Tenpyo

Lovely recipe, my compliments to the chef😊


Dr. Incense Tarakan from over 4 years ago.
I always thought it was a nice stick before I even had bonafide Tarakan oudh to heat, but now that I’ve tried several Tarakans, it makes me appreciate this stick more.
 
Kunmeido Tokusen Kyara Tenpyo

Lovely recipe, my compliments to the chef😊


Dr. Incense Tarakan from over 4 years ago.
I always thought it was a nice stick before I even had bonafide Tarakan oudh to heat, but now that I’ve tried several Tarakans, it makes me appreciate this stick more.

@Oudamberlove have you tried the Yamadamatsu High Grade Series? Any standouts? I'm looking for some new incense.
 
Kua Myrrh by Apothecarys Garden

This has been a favorite resin for my wife and I for years now. Sweet toffee-like, somewhat musky aroma. Heats well on the subitism, and really fills a room. Great stuff!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_9673.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 66
Kua Myrrh by Apothecarys Garden

This has been a favorite resin for my wife and I for years now. Sweet toffee-like, somewhat musky aroma. Heats well on the subitism, and really fills a room. Great stuff!
Myrrh is a material I need to explore more... I've never given it the attention it deserves - my experiences with a tincture I prepared has me realizing what a wonderful material it is and as I was thinking about buying some more resin I realized I had no clue as to what type of myrrh it was that I tinctured!
 
seems like something I should check out....
You would absolutely adore the scent Joe! It's way better than the normal bitter myrrh. It's sweeter and more leather-y incense with a hit of perfumed furs. The overarching scent to my nose is of peach and apricot, but mix into that something resinous, woody and I'll say leather-y but there's an almost skin like muskiness to it. It baffles my mind how such a beautiful scent can exist all on its own in nature! Think peachy, apricot treated leather, which has been buffed with a fur brush, and it's not a new jacket either but one that's been worn for years, so harshness of the raw leather has died down, and the character of the owner has imprinted itself on the material!

It's a very sensual scent, and intimate in that it's not overbearing or bombastic, it's kinda just like there in the background. It's very temperamental so heat it with caution, in that regard it is very similar to normal myrrh. Even when the coals are ashen and crumbly it might be too hot for Miss Kua, a subitism is only way in my mind to properly enjoy it.

Yeah I can't quite do justice to the scent, it's almost like a natural amber accord, but not overly sweet! Addictive stuff!
 
Dan from Apothecary 's Garden has a surprising amount of various resins. You're correct @Mr.P. I thought myrrh was just myrrh but definitely not. He has an interesting looking myrrh absolute currently listed. I received my order from him yesterday which included one called Bisabol Myrrh. On the heater it reminds me of some ANT woods. It has hints of the Yemen myrrh but the dominant scent with this is ANT like..that's the best description I can come up for it.
 
You would absolutely adore the scent Joe! It's way better than the normal bitter myrrh. It's sweeter and more leather-y incense with a hit of perfumed furs. The overarching scent to my nose is of peach and apricot, but mix into that something resinous, woody and I'll say leather-y but there's an almost skin like muskiness to it. It baffles my mind how such a beautiful scent can exist all on its own in nature! Think peachy, apricot treated leather, which has been buffed with a fur brush, and it's not a new jacket either but one that's been worn for years, so harshness of the raw leather has died down, and the character of the owner has imprinted itself on the material!

It's a very sensual scent, and intimate in that it's not overbearing or bombastic, it's kinda just like there in the background. It's very temperamental so heat it with caution, in that regard it is very similar to normal myrrh. Even when the coals are ashen and crumbly it might be too hot for Miss Kua, a subitism is only way in my mind to properly enjoy it.

Yeah I can't quite do justice to the scent, it's almost like a natural amber accord, but not overly sweet! Addictive stuff!
Beautiful description brother! I got some of that one as well so I'll give it a go next and compare notes.
 
You would absolutely adore the scent Joe! It's way better than the normal bitter myrrh. It's sweeter and more leather-y incense with a hit of perfumed furs. The overarching scent to my nose is of peach and apricot, but mix into that something resinous, woody and I'll say leather-y but there's an almost skin like muskiness to it. It baffles my mind how such a beautiful scent can exist all on its own in nature! Think peachy, apricot treated leather, which has been buffed with a fur brush, and it's not a new jacket either but one that's been worn for years, so harshness of the raw leather has died down, and the character of the owner has imprinted itself on the material!

It's a very sensual scent, and intimate in that it's not overbearing or bombastic, it's kinda just like there in the background. It's very temperamental so heat it with caution, in that regard it is very similar to normal myrrh. Even when the coals are ashen and crumbly it might be too hot for Miss Kua, a subitism is only way in my mind to properly enjoy it.

Yeah I can't quite do justice to the scent, it's almost like a natural amber accord, but not overly sweet! Addictive stuff!
Love amber!
 
You would absolutely adore the scent Joe! It's way better than the normal bitter myrrh. It's sweeter and more leather-y incense with a hit of perfumed furs. The overarching scent to my nose is of peach and apricot, but mix into that something resinous, woody and I'll say leather-y but there's an almost skin like muskiness to it. It baffles my mind how such a beautiful scent can exist all on its own in nature! Think peachy, apricot treated leather, which has been buffed with a fur brush, and it's not a new jacket either but one that's been worn for years, so harshness of the raw leather has died down, and the character of the owner has imprinted itself on the material!

It's a very sensual scent, and intimate in that it's not overbearing or bombastic, it's kinda just like there in the background. It's very temperamental so heat it with caution, in that regard it is very similar to normal myrrh. Even when the coals are ashen and crumbly it might be too hot for Miss Kua, a subitism is only way in my mind to properly enjoy it.

Yeah I can't quite do justice to the scent, it's almost like a natural amber accord, but not overly sweet! Addictive stuff!
Bravo to that description! Definitely a more advanced nose than I have. I'm over here like "mmm, smells like candy" and meanwhile you are detailing the notes within the notes like the movie Inception but for oud guys 😂

So, yeah @Joe, what @Ahmaoud said 💯🙌
 
Dan from Apothecary 's Garden has a surprising amount of various resins. You're correct @Mr.P. I thought myrrh was just myrrh but definitely not. He has an interesting looking myrrh absolute currently listed. I received my order from him yesterday which included one called Bisabol Myrrh. On the heater it reminds me of some ANT woods. It has hints of the Yemen myrrh but the dominant scent with this is ANT like..that's the best description I can come up for it.
The Bisabol is my other favorite from him. I love that stuff too.
 
Myrrh is a material I need to explore more... I've never given it the attention it deserves - my experiences with a tincture I prepared has me realizing what a wonderful material it is and as I was thinking about buying some more resin I realized I had no clue as to what type of myrrh it was that I tinctured!
I am normally not all that enamored with myrrh, but this Kua and the Bisabol Dan also sells are another story.
 
KZ dreams of annam tonight. Nice crassna scent. Sweet musky with a bit of cinnamon edge. Nothing stands out too strongly but it’s a very pleasant oudy scent. Leaves a nice lingering scent after the burn as well.

I was able to get this in before the tariff changes took place. Not sure how often I’ll get new woods and incense with the changes.
 
You would absolutely adore the scent Joe! It's way better than the normal bitter myrrh. It's sweeter and more leather-y incense with a hit of perfumed furs. The overarching scent to my nose is of peach and apricot, but mix into that something resinous, woody and I'll say leather-y but there's an almost skin like muskiness to it. It baffles my mind how such a beautiful scent can exist all on its own in nature! Think peachy, apricot treated leather, which has been buffed with a fur brush, and it's not a new jacket either but one that's been worn for years, so harshness of the raw leather has died down, and the character of the owner has imprinted itself on the material!

It's a very sensual scent, and intimate in that it's not overbearing or bombastic, it's kinda just like there in the background. It's very temperamental so heat it with caution, in that regard it is very similar to normal myrrh. Even when the coals are ashen and crumbly it might be too hot for Miss Kua, a subitism is only way in my mind to properly enjoy it.

Yeah I can't quite do justice to the scent, it's almost like a natural amber accord, but not overly sweet! Addictive stuff!
I need a separate closet just for resins!!
Apothecary’s Garden is a treasure trove!!
 
Back
Top