I'd say for me at this stage, it'd be to map-out and experiment with the things I already like, and acquire a few things that might enhance what I'm working with. I have a few decades of attar, oud, and Japanese incense collecting for inspiration. Many hours spent wandering up and down roads where every other shop sold attar and bakhoor, as well. Many many hours spent sitting with attarwalla uncles , having tea, talking about attar.

I like the idea of "cinematic" or "thematic" compositions for fragrance, but that might come later.
For now, If I could come up with a ghaliya/attar that hit just right, I'd be thrilled.

Your childhood memories sound beautiful!
To be able to reflect back on that and compose and encapsulate something for your olfactory senses is a beautiful thing.
There are many blessings and gifts in this life, there is no denying 😉👐
I am just now seeing this! I'm so sorry for my late response. It sounds like you know what you like and are going to go for it! Awesome! Can't wait to hear about it....Did you get any of aromology's muattar? It's awesome, I'm burning the jasmine now. It glitters with oils!

@Simla House
Yes, my remaining childhood memories are important to me. I'm slowly losing my memory, so I'll capture what I can. lol
 
Dr. Incense - Enlightenment - Burned another 8 mm off my second stick, which is currently being used. I have a lot more of this beautiful incense, but it requires small amounts to be enjoyed, there's an almost energizing yet relaxing quality to the herbs and especially the ambergris used. I have burned more than half a stick at times, but kinda overwhelms the senses, not that it smells bad, just that you'll not be able to enjoy the finer nuances of the afterburn
 
I am just now seeing this! I'm so sorry for my late response. It sounds like you know what you like and are going to go for it! Awesome! Can't wait to hear about it....Did you get any of aromology's muattar? It's awesome, I'm burning the jasmine now. It glitters with oils!

@Simla House
Yes, my remaining childhood memories are important to me. I'm slowly losing my memory, so I'll capture what I can. lol
I haven't ordered from Aromology yet. I have to pace myself, I have a long shopping list of things I'm eager to try. Shuffling what comes next is always the challenge.
 
Last edited:
Norwegian Spruce Resin (From Lithuania!) ~ via Apothecary's Garden

Got another jar's worth as it's 30% off at the moment.
Heating this on my resin heater.
Beautifully warm, deep, and comforting.
Instant trip into a dense forest! Very worth having.
Ordered some of this just now - and some of their "Northern Allure Wax" - sounds like a wonderful aroma... thanks!
 
Back
Top