ah, okay. I love burning incense. It's my communication to the divine!

Whatever works! it can be hard to get their attention 🙂

I like to burn stuff occasionally but the subitism style heating has kind of taken over. have you ever tried grinding up a little piece of a stick and heating it on a subitism? I think somebody here was talking about that being a great way to appreciate subtle notes in some of the really fine sticks. I recognize the sticks are made with combustion in mind but it's kind of a fun thing to try out
 
Last edited:
ah, okay. I love burning incense. It's my communication to the divine!
I would imagine that the aromas from the incense you burn provide some good inspiration for your blending… do you have any blends, or are you working on any blends that are inspired by incense?
 
Whatever works! it can be hard to get their attention 🙂

I like to burn stuff occasionally but the subitism style heating has kind of taken over. have you ever tried grinding up a little piece of a stick and heating it on a subitism? I think somebody here was talking about that being a great way to appreciate subtle notes in some of the really fine sticks. I recognize the sticks are made with combustion in mind but it's kind of a fun thing to try out
I'll try it with one of my medium-cost sticks, certainly not Kinshikoh!
 
I'll try it with one of my medium-cost sticks, certainly not Kinshikoh!
try it with translucent path! 😉
 
I'm saving what I have left of Translucent Path for special occasions!
Absolutely… I was kind of kidding around, thus the little wink. That's a very delightful incense to my nose... if I had lots of that I would probably burn all the time. I have a few from sample packs but that's it

Not speaking from personal experience, butI think there's at least a chance that some of these sticks might open up in fantastic ways when heated gently on a mica plate. I could swear there was some thread about that…
 
Absolutely… I was kind of kidding around, thus the little wink. That's a very delightful incense to my nose... if I had lots of that I would probably burn all the time. I have a few from sample packs but that's it

Not speaking from personal experience, butI think there's at least a chance that some of these sticks might open up in fantastic ways when heated gently on a mica plate. I could swear there was some thread about that…
Thanks for the good advice, as always, @Mr.P ; I will try something good on my sub. Right now I'm heating something from our fellow vendor, @Oudologie Al-Ward muattar. LOVE IT! I don't know how much rose oil they use, but it fills the room. You can find many options here:


Everything I've tried is awesome and worth the wait for delivery to the US.
 
Back
Top