cypriol roots
star anise
clove
borneo camphor
kaiko / onycha
kaempferia rhizome
dragon's blood
tigray frank (waxy, thick sacred scent)
sacra frank (citrus piney dry)
frereana frank (musky, urine like, sweet piney - this is the one frank in my experience that fully melts into a liquid and burns off without any of that smoking gum residue)
@Mr.P where can I get the EO of this "tigray frank"? Sounds like a lovely material to work with...
 
@Joe what are your favourite Shoyeidos?

Ah, a topic I love to share with!

Shunyou - Beckoning Spring (I have several boxes, plus a jumbo box that I'm halfway through)
Misho - Gentle Smile (though it can be a little too "curry" at times)
Nankun - Southern Wind (perhaps my favorite, very balancing for me)
and
Myokaku - Enlightenment (perhaps the most calming for me; I get it for $140 from the Japanese site instead of the US price of $850. It's simply not worth $850!).

What are yours?
 
lol, a messy drawer full of premiums!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_0562.webp
    89.7 KB · Views: 47
Ah, a topic I love to share with!

Shunyou - Beckoning Spring (I have several boxes, plus a jumbo box that I'm halfway through)
Misho - Gentle Smile (though it can be a little too "curry" at times)
Nankun - Southern Wind (perhaps my favorite, very balancing for me)
and
Myokaku - Enlightenment (perhaps the most calming for me; I get it for $140 from the Japanese site instead of the US price of $850. It's simply not worth $850!).

What are yours?
@Joe I love myokaku, not sure why it doesn’t get as much love. I haven’t had much experience with their other discontinued creations. I still have 1 stick for keepsake. 150 vs 850 is crazy, not sure why. I picked it from their Kyoto store during a travel. The other fav. is Moss Garden. I need to explore Shoyeido more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
@Joe I love myokaku, not sure why it doesn’t get as much love. I haven’t had much experience with their other discontinued creations. I still have 1 stick for keepsake. 150 vs 850 is crazy, not sure why. I picked it from their Kyoto store during a travel. The other fav. is Moss Garden. I need to explore Shoyeido more.
I love and you should check out their Horin series. Lovely sticks. Yeah, I have Moss Garden too, but with so many premiums, it's hard to reach for anything else, lol!
 
@Mr.P where can I get the EO of this "tigray frank"? Sounds like a lovely material to work with...
i'm not sure… I got an oil distilled by Tyson. He said the yield was extremely low so maybe it is not commonly available. The resin itself is abundant and cheap. Years ago I bought some Tigray resin (Boswellia papyrifera from Ethiopia) from Wildtree Essentials. that used to be their specialty now I see they carry a variety of other resins. You could always try ordering some resin and making a tincture.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
Tennendo Kyara Enkuu
Kunmeido Tokusen Kyara Tenpyo
Yamadamatsu Shuju Kyara
Seikado Gokujo Kyara
Shoyeido Shokaku
Shoyeido Myo-ho
Shunkohdo Khan Hoa
Shunkohdo Gia Lai
Shunkohdo Kyara Houzan
Seijudo Kyara Seiran
Seijudo Kyara Enju
Nipponkodo Gokujo Kyara Fugaku

I wish they still had Shoyeido's Sho-kaku. It was a sad day when they discontinued it.
 
It's not really "Discontinued" >.>
Early this year a friend got box from them and about month ago friend was there and its there, however!
It went into lots of changes and current one is so poor.
I thought it was replaced with Myo-kaku, which is nice, but not nearly as good as Sho-kaku was.
 
I thought it was replaced with Myo-kaku, which is nice, but not nearly as good as Sho-kaku was.
If you go to physical shop in Ginza or Kyoto you will find it from time to time and i even saw friend got Go-un not sure if its changed but the box was different.
Myokaku is nice but got no kyara in it, it have nice Viet wood along with other things.
Current box of Shokaku brownish with Yellow sticker on it i seen two sizes.
 
It is so good, I want to burn it every day. Clean!
I have not really explored the other major incense manufacturers much but one of the things I liked about the Baieido sticks I have burned is the seeming reliance strictly on raw raw materials - as far as I can tell there are no extracts, isolates, or aromachemicals and the profile is very much just of a simple mixture of herbs and resins (I think the old US representative said this traces back to some degree to their roots as a provider of medicinal herbs?)

I find the scent is a little rustic or medicinal compared to Shoyeido (for example) which often seem to have a more complex naturally perfumed smell - like they have some kind of natural isolate or extract in them.
 
KyaraZen stocked by Kangiiten - Dreams of An-Nam - It's been a while since I've lit anything up, and choosing this today I think this was the best choice!
You inspired me to revisit Dreams of An-Nam.
It’s a very decent stick, I do ❤️ it.
Then I fired up Palace of Song and it brought a smile to my face instantly, such a nice blend of ingredients, so glad to have it.
 
Back
Top