I have not really explored the other major incense manufacturers much but one of the things I liked about the Baieido sticks I have burned is the seeming reliance strictly on raw raw materials - as far as I can tell there are no extracts, isolates, or aromachemicals and the profile is very much just of a simple mixture of herbs and resins (I think the old US representative said this traces back to some degree to their roots as a provider of medicinal herbs?)

I find the scent is a little rustic or medicinal compared to Shoyeido (for example) which often seem to have a more complex naturally perfumed smell - like they have some kind of natural isolate or extract in them.
Well said, I don’t have many Baieidos but this one is definitely clean from any perufme oils. And you can feel the pure aroma and cleanliness bordering your senses and never overwhelming you.
 
Japan Incense (Daihatsu) - Pocket-Tan
Japan Incense (Daihatsu) - Natural Sage

Really really fragrant and lovely.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    IMG_1609_11zon.webp
    203.1 KB · Views: 46
Tell us more, I have been tempted before by this.
Its Kyara and Vietnamese/Cambodian wood, amazing craftsmanship.
The scent is sweet Ethereal with lots of stages and cooling etc.
Keep in mind I'm talking about the discontinued product here and i don't have current one to compare it.
My friend have current one and he praise it highly.
I do have few left of the Gokujo Fugaku which was made long ago its top stick too and the Kyara notes stronger in it and i believe both use green oil on them.
Personally its my second favorite incense house for sticks, i like ther approach and how they keep binder to lowest to keep the scent pure.
 
Its Kyara and Vietnamese/Cambodian wood, amazing craftsmanship.
The scent is sweet Ethereal with lots of stages and cooling etc.
Keep in mind I'm talking about the discontinued product here and i don't have current one to compare it.
My friend have current one and he praise it highly.
I do have few left of the Gokujo Fugaku which was made long ago its top stick too and the Kyara notes stronger in it and i believe both use green oil on them.
Personally its my second favorite incense house for sticks, i like ther approach and how they keep binder to lowest to keep the scent pure.
It sounds absolutely lovely. I am considering getting my hands on heian.
 
Nippon Kodo Tokusen Kyara Kayou

Excellent burn rate,
some florals and perfume
with Agarwood and Kyara.

Sometimes I think the aromatics were produced in crystalline form, because the stick at room temperature is not very fragrant, but when lit it is quite fragrant.
 
Back
Top