Joe
Resident Artisan
My favorite stick out of the dozens I have. I still have a stick or two left. Selling my last box of Translucent Path.Shoyeido Myo-ho silk box
An interpretation of Green Oil Kyara with a sharp spicy nuance.
Precious……
My favorite stick out of the dozens I have. I still have a stick or two left. Selling my last box of Translucent Path.Shoyeido Myo-ho silk box
An interpretation of Green Oil Kyara with a sharp spicy nuance.
Precious……
Minorien Chokoh No 5. This had grown on me and is definitely a favourite.
Happy Diwali everyone
Oooh - bet that lavender is lovely 🙂
love that stuffTibetan Medical College Holy Land Incense
Old Stock from Beth of Essence of the Ages.
Bold notes with a berry vibe and alluring musk…nice aroma😊
I was buying from Nine Regions regulary for a while back and his range was pretty good and his prices are even better. You do get what you pay for though, meaning cheap is cheap. I'm a little suss on his "Fusen red soil" products. I feel like we're not getting the full picture with them as again, they shouldn't be so cheap by their very nature. I think they could potentially be a manufactured soil wood, if they are a soil wood at all? Maybe he puts oil in them as well? Often times I can't tell the difference in scent to those and his many versions of a CK stick. He's a nice guy and his stuff is probably the best that you will find on AliExpress but his competion wouldn't be hard to beat.Phuoc Son red soil coils incense from Nine Regions :
These coils smell nice at room temperature, but when lit the scent is ridiculously strong with a piercing bittersweet note which is overpowering to me. I'll try to crush some to powder and heat it a low temp on the subitism, as they smell interesting unlit (not as linear, with green/earthy notes).
I buy quite regularly from Nine Regions, his CK is a no brainer for the price; and he has some superior pieces from time to time (more resinated/aged blocks).
I wonder if that's the same for the Fusen red soil incense he sells in sticks.
I was buying from Nine Regions regulary for a while back and his range was pretty good and his prices are even better. You do get what you pay for though, meaning cheap is cheap. I'm a little suss on his "Fusen red soil" products. I feel like we're not getting the full picture with them as again, they shouldn't be so cheap by their very nature. I think they could potentially be a manufactured soil wood, if they are a soil wood at all? Maybe he puts oil in them as well? Often times I can't tell the difference in scent to those and his many versions of a CK stick. He's a nice guy and his stuff is probably the best that you will find on AliExpress but his competion wouldn't be hard to beat.
Yep, totally agree with all that. I believe also that burying wood to produce a soil type has become a thing. Not that it's a bad thing. It's quite interesting really.I trust him as a vendor knowing that he cultivates his own Kinam. For the Fusen, it's different since he only sells it as incense; I lean more toward the hypothesis of cultivated wood that has been buried, as the term "fusen red soil" (without further details) could, for instance, refer to several woods of different qualities on the Chinese market.
As you say, the prices he offers reflect the quality; he has CK (in block or chips) that can range from $0.5 to $4.5 per gram.
I've tested very few of his incense sticks, I mainly buy his CK in whole blocks or chips (which, every time I test them, are all "full sinking").
I'm not a big fan of CK in incense form; the combustion crushes all the interesting notes obtained at low and medium temperature.
And the lack of nuances when you burn CK resonates well when you said : "Often times I can't tell the difference in scent to those and his many versions of a CK stick"