Seijudo - Kyara Horen

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
 
Finally tried the SQ Bakhoor from Oudique to see what the fuss is about. Just a tiny pinch on the subitism.

It’s like falling through a wormhole to the Gulf - it just transports you there, whether we are talking KSA, Bahrain, Muscat, etc. It’s like I just got off the plane, jumped in a cab with Khaliji pop music blasting on the radio and then stepped out into an air-conditioned mall with the bakhoor aroma swirling around.

It’s floral, soapy-clean with a woody base note, and really strong. It kinda gives me a headache, if I’m being honest, but what an olfactory trip! Probably something I’ll enjoy in small doses.

IMG_0201.jpeg
 
You received it already? Damn..it'll be at least a month or more before I get mine.
Haha! Received yesterday.

Dreams of Rakoku
Nice, sweet and resinous - I’ll have to try it so more to figure out more nuances.

Dreams of Burma
Smokey and incensey - ditto

Limu Mountain
Thick boy - it’s a fat stick, aroma is beautiful but yet again must try a full stick to appreciate it completely.
L
 
I just got a Young Living electric burner from someone on Facebook Marketplace with 7 oz. bag of Somalian Frankincense all for $15. The burner works great and has a temperature dial. I tried some Oman Royal Green Frankincense and some Somalian Frankincense and I may like the Somalian a little better because it’s not as citrusy and has a bit of amber and vanilla that the green doesn’t. It worked well with wood also. I tried some Nha Trang agarwood on it and it was very nice. I also tried some Palo Santo on it. I have enough Frankincense to last for a long time and one tiny piece is enough to scent the room for hours. I may try some of the Oman with the Somalian together
 
I just got a Young Living electric burner from someone on Facebook Marketplace with 7 oz. bag of Somalian Frankincense all for $15. The burner works great and has a temperature dial. I tried some Oman Royal Green Frankincense and some Somalian Frankincense and I may like the Somalian a little better because it’s not as citrusy and has a bit of amber and vanilla that the green doesn’t. It worked well with wood also. I tried some Nha Trang agarwood on it and it was very nice. I also tried some Palo Santo on it. I have enough Frankincense to last for a long time and one tiny piece is enough to scent the room for hours. I may try some of the Oman with the Somalian together
That’s awesome - 200g and the burner for 15 bucks! The green usually does have a very clean/linear smell to it, but it plays really nicely with myrrh. would definitely be worth combining both types of frankincense to see what it’s like together.
 
I just got a Young Living electric burner from someone on Facebook Marketplace with 7 oz. bag of Somalian Frankincense all for $15. The burner works great and has a temperature dial. I tried some Oman Royal Green Frankincense and some Somalian Frankincense and I may like the Somalian a little better because it’s not as citrusy and has a bit of amber and vanilla that the green doesn’t. It worked well with wood also. I tried some Nha Trang agarwood on it and it was very nice. I also tried some Palo Santo on it. I have enough Frankincense to last for a long time and one tiny piece is enough to scent the room for hours. I may try some of the Oman with the Somalian together
That's a hell of a deal!
 
Bhutan Incense - Yellow Tara, Very traditional recipie: sweet, musky, salty and aromatic. A yellow color stick leaving behind a black residue. It says 'non-toxic and non-addictive that are made using the herbal ingredients and resources from Bhutan'. I find myself wanting to light this every other week.
 
Bhutan Incense - Yellow Tara, Very traditional recipie: sweet, musky, salty and aromatic. A yellow color stick leaving behind a black residue. It says 'non-toxic and non-addictive that are made using the herbal ingredients and resources from Bhutan'. I find myself wanting to light this every other week.
The Bhutan powder Incense I have from incense traders in Canada is wonderful. It reminds me of the warm earthy aroma of sweaty cumin.
 
Last edited:
Another reminder today of the capabilities of AI and with such assurance. This incense was rated 4.8 out of 5 on Amazon. Without true interest I thought to ask AI Rufus for the ingredients. I should have further queried where the Vampire's were sourced. If they were organic etc.. But the stupidity was making me stupid.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
    Screenshot 2025-11-05 at 10.41.44 AM.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 111
Dr. Incense Processed Sinking Nagaland
KZ Dreams of Burma
KZ Dreams of Rakoku

The nagaland is nice for fumigating the space, price was fair.

Burma is still under review, hopefully it clicks after a couple of sticks but so far not really satisfied.

Rakoku is amazing, woody sweetness caramel resinous.
Dreams of Rakoku is next on the list. Disappointing to hear about Burma though?
 
Kangiiten - Eight Millenniums. A rather thick and black stick, it pumps out quite the volume of smoke. I can't pick out the agarwood (yet) as it states that this is the base note ingredient but to my nose I feel like I get more Mysore as that base note. The floral saffron is lovely. Not even close to sweet as such, just...floral. The camphor and hinoki are really wonderfully blended. All in all very nice. From a distance I can only smell the hinoki but up close the other ingredients shine through.
 
Back
Top