Seijudo Shogetsu
Interesting core, sinensis with crassna got honey notes similar to hainan/HK wood, flowers, soft spice and sourness.

Seijudo Nichigetsu
This have mouthful feeling but i haven't got much of it on first session will revisit later.

So far out of ther Agarwood line i prefer Shogetsu the most.
From Shiragiku to Enju, Shogetsu is the only one I don’t have, well, not for long, I just ordered some from JapanIncense😊

Meanwhile, I’m enjoying Shoyeido Myokaku at the moment. It’s sort of Seijudo-esque, mild but a nice stick IMO, and it does remind me of Vietnamese agarwood.
 
Shoyeido Myo-ho
Masterful craftsmanship!

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Incense of the Day
My favorite stick out of all of those that I have tried, even more than Sho-kuka. I hope they bring it back at some point in my life.
 
Kangiiten - Dreams of Merauke. Something about the stick I burnt last night was off the charts. Deep Merauke incense smoke but a layer of creaminess was coming through this time that I had not noticed before. I'm unsure whether this was always there or if the roll is maturing with age but this was really something special. I'll burn a stick from the second batch and see if there is any difference.
 
Kangiiten - Dreams of Merauke. Something about the stick I burnt last night was off the charts. Deep Merauke incense smoke but a layer of creaminess was coming through this time that I had not noticed before. I'm unsure whether this was always there or if the roll is maturing with age but this was really something special. I'll burn a stick from the second batch and see if there is any difference.
I burned this one this morning. It's wonderful but I realized I need to better position my censer. The draft of my room causes most of the smoke to float out of my bedroom and into the hallway.
 
I put some Baieido Kaden Kobunboku on the Young Living heater and it’s so much nicer than when it gets burned. Much sweeter and less herbal and camphor forward. It’s okay when burned but much better on the heater. It has an almost a fresh baked spice cookies aroma.
 
Folks, I've been doing a bit of research into Japanese incense, looking for something decent and natural to burn without guilt. The two experiences I've had with the Japanese incense houses were terrible, but I've put some time into studying what people are saying about what's available today ie., did it get reformulated into a stick of adulterated garbage or is it still good...

That said, I think I've narrowed down a blend: Kida Jinseido's Ikuhokoh

Does anyone have experience purchasing this one recently? $85 for 140 sticks from Japanincense.com seems like a good deal if they're somewhat comparable to even the lower ends of what the indy incense artisans are selling.
 
I’m wondering if the musk is real or synthetic or animal or plant based musk ? You can get most Japanese incense from Japan online for about half the price it is in the U.S. I recommend Shoyeido Premium’s bought from Japan or Baieido Premiums also bought from Japan only. Just my 2 cents on Japanese incense. Kihara-ec.com is very good and good selection and prices and probably better than Kohgen.com these days.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top