I’m wondering if the musk is real or synthetic or animal or plant based musk ? You can get most Japanese incense from Japan online for about half the price it is in the U.S. I recommend Shoyeido Premium’s bought from Japan or Baieido Premiums also bought from Japan only. Just my 2 cents on Japanese incense. Kihara-co.com is very good and good selection and prices and probably better than Kohgen.com these days.
Thanks for your input! That is a good point, it does seem unlikely that a Japanese company would be using deer musk in publicly available incense these days.

I went to that Kihara-co.com you linked but it said page is unavailable.
 
Try it from your phone or try later. You also have to use translator on the site. The site is a little finicky but the prices are good and lots to choose from. Japanese incense sites aren’t great for English but you can navigate it and get stuff.it’s kihara-ec.com that should get you there and the place to translate the site
 
Last edited:
Try it from your phone or try later. You also have to use translator on the site. The site is a little finicky but the prices are good and lots to choose from. Japanese incense sites aren’t great for English but you can navigate it and get stuff.
Will they ship to Australia?
 
I think they may. Sorry I gave you the wrong information earlier. Should be able to use Kihara-ec.com to get to the site. I believe you can get shipping because they use WorldShopping for the shipping. Shipping to U.S. is usually around $27 but worth it because of how much you save when buying higher end incense that is half the price it is in the U.S. Shoyeido is ridiculously pricey in the U.S.
 
I have not seen this website mentioned here - but a nice site in English but based in Japan with straightforward international shipping. If you email the owner he can also source other products from the main manufacturers.

 
Going through my collection I stumbled upon some Fushigi sticks - these were the first incense sticks that I bought. I decided to try some of them and I remember them being good. Having tried some of the higher end sticks whether kyara or agarwood there is simply no comparison. I immediately felt gross when smelling it. I’d thought about giving them away but I wouldn’t do to other what I would do to myself. To the trash!

Also, in one of his tin box sticks - which comes with a stand magnet that attaches to the tin - I noticed that when I use it and the stick is fully burned the ash sticks to the magnet! Reminds of an article I read somewhere and a video from WSG saying metal shaving are used in mass production binders.
 
I have not seen this website mentioned here - but a nice site in English but based in Japan with straightforward international shipping. If you email the owner he can also source other products from the main manufacturers.

Wow! Great find mate! Very good prices! Man we get ripped off in Australia for the cost of things. Even the shipping is great!
 
Wa-no-Kori-incense.com is nice but Kihara and Kohgen have better prices and price on exchange rate not flat pricing. Kihara is currently probably the best out of Japan unless there is something cheaper. All 3 are good and way better than buying from the U.S. I stopped buying from the U.S. many years ago unless there is a deal. I found Shoyeido Misho on Amazon earlier in the year for $33 for 7 inch 35 sticks box and I had a $15 coupon and free shipping. $18 was a steal and it’s around $25 in Japan. I would have loved to have been buying my incense from Japan over 20 years ago but at least I have been for around 15 years now. Hallelujah!!!
 
Wa-no-Kori-incense.com is nice but Kihara and Kohgen have better prices and price on exchange rate not flat pricing. Kihara is currently probably the best out of Japan unless there is something cheaper. All 3 are good and way better than buying from the U.S. I stopped buying from the U.S. many years ago unless there is a deal. I found Shoyeido Misho on Amazon earlier in the year for $33 for 7 inch 35 sticks box and I had a $15 coupon and free shipping. $18 was a steal and it’s around $25 in Japan. I would have loved to have been buying my incense from Japan over 20 years ago but at least I have been for around 15 years now. Hallelujah!!!
Do the other two also offer international shipping?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jeh
Kihara does and I think Kohgen does now because they both use WorldShipping company service. I only buy when I’m going to spend a few hundred and the shipping cost is justified. To spend under $50 is not usually worth it. It’s easy to spend over $100 to $100’s. I buy my matcha and other green tea from Japan also because it’s so much cheaper there
 
Kihara-ec.com is the site and the translation is a little weird but you can still navigate the site. Best prices online from Japan from what I have seen.
 
Just burned a little bit of Yi Xin -Synonyms for Nirvana. Very nice scent but too much hogwash on the explanation on the site. He is an eloquent grifter but the incense is nice. I just don’t need all the silver tongue b.s. that goes with his incense that is supposed to be a justifier for the prices. Less word hustle would help tremendously and especially from someone that espouses Buddhic jargon. He should know better but probably thinks this is what you have to do to sell overpriced incense. I laugh at his Buddhic gibberish that’s used to seem deep and meaningful. Let the incense speak for itself because it’s nice even though overpriced for what it is.
 
Just burned a little bit of Yi Xin -Synonyms for Nirvana. Very nice scent but too much hogwash on the explanation on the site. He is an eloquent grifter but the incense is nice. I just don’t need all the silver tongue b.s. that goes with his incense that is supposed to be a justifier for the prices. Less word hustle would help tremendously and especially from someone that espouses Buddhic jargon. He should know better but probably thinks this is what you have to do to sell overpriced incense. I laugh at his Buddhic gibberish that’s used to seem deep and meaningful. Let the incense speak for itself because it’s nice even though overpriced for what it is.

I was also looking forward to getting my hands on Synonyms for Nirvana and Gifts of the Magi again, but this time, I was surprised to see that the formulas had changed. There is now a sweet aspect to S.F.N. that wasn't present before, I can't even smell it from the tube anymore. The addition of Vietnamese agarwood to G.O.M. also changes the overall vibe, and I don't appreciate it as much anymore. I had high expectations, and it wasn't what I expected. Regarding the price point, I agree, it's more expensive per gram than some Yamada-matsu Red Label, while the quality is clearly not the same.
 
Wa-no-Kori-incense.com is nice but Kihara and Kohgen have better prices and price on exchange rate not flat pricing. Kihara is currently probably the best out of Japan unless there is something cheaper. All 3 are good and way better than buying from the U.S. I stopped buying from the U.S. many years ago unless there is a deal. I found Shoyeido Misho on Amazon earlier in the year for $33 for 7 inch 35 sticks box and I had a $15 coupon and free shipping. $18 was a steal and it’s around $25 in Japan. I would have loved to have been buying my incense from Japan over 20 years ago but at least I have been for around 15 years now. Hallelujah!!!
I just like them because they are so straightforward. No 3rd party, no translation necessary and like I said - someone on the other end to track down rarer things. Plus super cheap shipping rates. Impressed.
 
Last edited:
Well, the cheapest I have ever found Shoyeido Myokaku for example is $87.99 US or $134 AU off Ebay and that was willing to ship to Australia. Anywhere else that sells them here is even higher. Wa-no-Kori has it for $49 US or $75 AU. Much more reasonable.
 
Back
Top