Dreams of Burma

Okay, final assessment completed. This is more of a Hindi profile - leathery spicey saffron. It’s alright in that regards. I think I was expecting a different profile from the usually Burmese wood for a change.
Well going on it's namesake, you could be forgiven for being confused.
 
I’m selling my last box of sho-kuka online. Cash is king!

But today I burned some Shoyeido’s Circle and Nippon Kodo’s Rakoku Akigasumi sticks. They’re marvelous, a little too thin for my ultimate taste, but still very good.

 
Yamadamatsu - Oju. Simply Outstanding, nutty, buttery, slighlty dark and a bit animalic when close to the stick, salty, slightly sweet. It says kalimantan and no doubt that a generous amount has been used.
Revisited this incense, now I’m asking myself “why don’t I have a box of this!”, I had a 5 stick sample pack many years ago, should’ve got a whole box back then, but for me to get the current batch I have to try a sample of it first.

Then some KZ Palace of Song…..
superb, may have to get another box or two,
thinking about it😎
 
Revisited this incense, now I’m asking myself “why don’t I have a box of this!”, I had a 5 stick sample pack many years ago, should’ve got a whole box back then, but for me to get the current batch I have to try a sample of it first.

Then some KZ Palace of Song…..
superb, may have to get another box or two,
thinking about it😎
Go for it, yamadamatsu is great with samples and has 2-3 different sample packs available.
 
Kangiiten - Eight Millenniums. Even though this stick releases a good amount of smoke, it's an easy one to listen to up close. A beautifully balanced blend of creamy Mysore, agarwood, Hinoki and saffron. I've not smelled an incense before that's so soft before? Like, it almost has a texture. 9/10
 
I think if we crushed some sticks and tincture it in alcohol then evaporate it we might get some oil for application, of course the safety and end result is questionable : )
it's really a modern fad to see perfume as intended for application mainly to skin; perfume was traditionally applied to handkerchiefs, gloves, clothing, so safety is possible in a case like this, provided one is willing to consider those options!
 
Palace of Song.png

Kyara Zen - Xuanhe Palace of Song
 
Back
Top