Saudalhajri
True Ouddict
Filtered civet, frankincense and myrrh tears, Oud oil, rose oil, saffron.
I’ve just begun to appreciate Civet after enjoying some Civet Regal EDP by ElKhaldi Studio
Looks great!
I am willing to wager that that is lovely! Is this like a kind of thick balm?
Quote “smells like a sexy fox in a forest”I am willing to wager that that is lovely! Is this like a kind of thick balm?
I’ve been meaning to try it, how’s it?I’ve just begun to appreciate Civet after enjoying some Civet Regal EDP by ElKhaldi Studio
That is so cool - congratulations and kudos for giving back to your local community. 🏏I’m the sponsor of the local cricket club. I thought I’d share this here. 🙂
Agreed!That is so cool - congratulations and kudos for giving back to your local community. 🏏
Were you thinking of making a resin or ... ?View attachment 49457View attachment 49458
View attachment 49456
Collected some white pine "duff" - I noticed a beautiful dry sophisticated woody scent when I enter groves of white pine trees. I found a place where the needles had fallen on stone because I noticed the dry needles on the rock outcrops had the aroma that I found appealing whereas the needles that were on the soil had more of a mushroomy and decomposition type scent. As you can see these are nice and dry. The aroma is strong enough to make me think I should be able to extract something but these have been exposed to the air all summer and I don't know what, if anything, I will get out of them. I'm on the fence about doing the extraction but I'm contemplating it. Also collected some "sweet fern" which is not a fern at all but a small shrub that resembles labdanum in more ways than one. Beautiful balsamic scent, this one has to dry i think before I extract it.
Were you thinking of making a resin or ... ?
Teone Reinthal has made several forest-scented perfumes. One, Sage Sibirica, contains resin made from Pinus Sibirica (Ringing Cedars). It's a beautiful perfume.
One of reasons I bought my house was the white pines in the backyard. I love the smell, the look, everything about them. Last year I ripped out some spindly trees and planted a bunch more.
If you make something out of the old needles for sale, keep me in mind 😍Nothing better than the smell of white pine. buying a house because of the presence of a stand of white pine is something I can 100% relate to, good decision, well done, I back you up completely!
I've got a pound or so of this in a bag waiting to be ground up and extracted and yes - made into a "resinoid". I want the smell of the dry old pine needles themselves - to me that is just sublime it's almost like a perfect cologne. I distilled some of the green needles, but did not get enough yield to separate more than just a small skim of oil. Beautiful aroma to the Hydrosol and I rinsed out the separator funnel with alcohol because all of the oil clung to the sides of that so I have a nice white pine cologne. Very sweet and amber-like but also tart and citric.
This is really inspiring - glad it has worked out for you!Java patchouli from Essential Oil Apothecary (5ml) with ~.25 gr combined of both white and gold ambergris. I’ve talked about this maceration before, but it has finally crossed the 6 month mark and is now what I’d call matured. It’s so incredibly smooth and smells just ancient. It’s like the ambergris has added another 15 years of aging on top of the oils’ original 10. This comes on so incredibly dense and concentrated. The green cognac note of the untouched oil has now turned jet black. It wears like a dark Merauke in terms of concentrated layers. Boiled down whiskey, fresh turned soil, wet wood, molasses, Sassafras root and bamboo. It really reminds me of the first woody hit of Bourbon Island vanilla. There’s no mistaking this for anything other than patchouli, but it’s like the Ur-patchouli. Father of all patchoulis. Serious and authoritative. It’s almost metallic with how thick it smells. The ambergris has worked what I find to be its most magical effect and opened up a trap door, pocket universe of scent underneath the main scent body. Where things get strange is when this really starts to open up and that dark tone gets overlaid with Cassie flower and the earthy powderiness of good patchouli meets the airy powderiness of ambergis. And really once it’s fully opened it smells like vintage Tabú. Sweet, round and wide open. The best part of all is that even though I’ve worn this a few times over the last 6 months I just looked closely and saw that the bottle is still almost full!!!
Thank you! I’m a little obsessed. It’s magical stuff. I have a few other ambergris macerations going that are around the same age but I’m going to let them go a little longer.still I can’t believe what it doesThis is really inspiring - glad it has worked out for you!
I love this - perfumery is kind of an extreme sport for you, Mr. P. 😄If I can get enough of these growing next year I may try to make a small batch of concrete, although it would likely give someone a buzz if they applied too much of it to their skin.