Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Nominations are now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated and we are now going onto the 1st Round of Voting

Ouddict

Just had a barrage of complaints from people saying they wanted to nominate. This happened last year and I honestly do not understand why people don't read the rules and get their nominations in early.

We will reopen the nominations for another 3 days after which the voting will start.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Just had a barrage of complaints from people saying they wanted to nominate. This happened last year and I honestly do not understand why people don't read the rules and get their nominations in early.

We will reopen the nominations for another 3 days after which the voting will start.

Sorry my bad I was waiting for new oils to come to make my final choice but I think I will have to do now ...

Wild

Habzoud : Zamarad
Al Hashimi : Ibn Zamrak

Farmed :

ASO : hind the most underrated Hindi in oud History lol !

Thanks for all who have voted for the Mandalay Signature it's very humbling from you all and a special thank to @Grega who had the opportunity to smell it again and maybe take more time with it, I reiterate my congratulations to your super nose abilities you were amongst the rare to detect that tea note :praying:.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Wild
Imperial Oud - Bahadur
Ensar Oud - Tigerwood Royale
Rising Phoenix - Qing
Imperial Oud - Ceylon Royale (not 100% sure if this was still purchasable in 2018)
Agar Aura - Syed's Ascent

Organic

Treasure Oud - Star Oud
ASO - Hind
Royal Bengal Ouds - Soaked Bandarban
Agarwood Assam - Lushai Hills
La Maison Khenata - Noir Velours

That was hard, and if I made this post tomorrow then I'd probably have different results :/

Mr.P

oud<3er
Are we using the term “organic” to mean cultivated? Has this all been settled here? I don’t like the overuse of this term which implies certification of specific agricultural practices. Don’t think I’ve ever seen an organic certified oud and I feel that this designation should be reserved for those who really meet the standards. Going to end up with ignorant, confused consumers otherwise.

Al Hashimi

Resident Artisan
Are we using the term “organic” to mean cultivated? Has this all been settled here? I don’t like the overuse of this term which implies certification of specific agricultural practices. Don’t think I’ve ever seen an organic certified oud and I feel that this designation should be reserved for those who really meet the standards. Going to end up with ignorant, confused consumers otherwise.

I know where you are coming from, but the conventional use of the term in the artisanal oud industry does not imply certification. Maybe that should change. But it needs vendors to come together and address this.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Got it. That would be a good one to work on, from the perspective of a consumer. To me, misuse of terminology like this immediately raises a red flag. All other such terms / claims are immediately suspect. Pure? Organic? Natural? Wild? Incense grade? 1985? Cambodian? Which of these have specific meaning, which are just “fantasy scent notes”?

Just realized maybe this is the wrong thread and this post should be moved? Sorry to change the topic

powdernose

Oud Sprite
Are we using the term “organic” to mean cultivated? Has this all been settled here? I don’t like the overuse of this term

Cultivated is a much better term.
Though some may fit the bill, 'organic' and 'bio' have been blatantly misused.

Adweeya Mufriha

Oud Mystic
I concur. And wish there was a real transparency of process of course: how the culitvated woods were infected, for example, because that matters a lot in my opinion..

I think we also know that the even wild / cultivated oppositon is often more problmatic than it appears and that sellers can self-label and market their oils pretty much as they please (sadly)

Ouddict

Right. Nominations are now definitely closed! Thanks to all who nominated.

We will now have a first voting round to select which Ouds should go into the final round of voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.