My (limited) experience with cutting hindi wood like that is just to chop off 0.3-0.5g bits with a sharp kitchen knife, some pieces might break off into smaller pieces you can use as well, but IME Hindi wood is best put on coal or sub with 0.3-0.5g bits and with the sub on mid temp and the small pieces on low temp. I am not sure how subs work just guessing based on e-heater knowledge.Can you guys recommend me a cutter or something ,i want to cut this in small pieces,it's very beautiful hindiView attachment 39542
Very different beautiful on low temperature ,kitchen knife i don't have very big oneMy (limited) experience with cutting hindi wood like that is just to chop off 0.3-0.5g bits with a sharp kitchen knife, some pieces might break off into smaller pieces you can use as well, but IME Hindi wood is best put on coal or sub with 0.3-0.5g bits and with the sub on mid temp and the small pieces on low temp. I am not sure how subs work just guessing based on e-heater knowledge.
Hmm, do you have chisels?Very different beautiful on low temperature ,kitchen knife i don't have very big one
Very difficult to cut like impossible
I've seen a lot of people online use cutting pliers, like those shown here, but this will cut with the grain and not against, though I suppose it could but just not cleanlyCan you guys recommend me a cutter or something ,i want to cut this in small pieces,it's very beautiful hindiView attachment 39542
I do have 1 from kangiiten useless though or idk how to use itHmm, do you have chisels?
Ahh, I mean those actual tool grade chisels used for DIY. They are ship at the top and you just place it inbetween a piece of hard wood and do it on a book or just a table and get a piece of thin cardboard and fold t so that the piece breaks but doesnt shoot off in a random direction and make sure you are covering the wood as well as you can. Japanese use chisels al the time.I do have 1 from kangiiten useless though or idk how to use it
Although I would go with what @Ahmaoud said, I would go with the cutting pliers or the split joint pliers. But chisels, are better for cleaner cuts, just takes a little getting used to and to do it the way the Japanese cutters do it, is a real skill, something I have yet to gain.I do have 1 from kangiiten useless though or idk how to use it
ill try hard both ways 🙂Although I would go with what @Ahmaoud said, I would go with the cutting pliers or the split joint pliers. But chisels, are better for cleaner cuts, just takes a little getting used to and to do it the way the Japanese cutters do it, is a real skill, something I have yet to gain.
Amazing, is this Sinensis wood?Ancient agarwood
Gotcha, lovely piece!It is real old agarwood. It may have been Malay agarwood at that time.