What do you think of Hind? is it a high or low barn for you?
I got it so I want to compare your barn sensitive with mine 😉
 
Al Shareef Hind is low barn? Are you serious? That is one great oil, but to me it is very strong in the barnyard dimension.
 

Habz, Very nice Alshareef collection you have. What you think of “Rakhawah”?

As I am expecting to get my CEEN and HUDHAYL soon, I re-visit the other day some of my other Alshareef oils I have and reading about on the web site description what struck me was that “Rakhawah” was a Borneo oil, wow for me this is the most unusual Borneo I have ever smelled, to me all Borneos are smelling almost the same and I have try around at least 10 oils from Borneo, the only main difference is some are more like darker damp and musky earth like the kaliman kala type or airy buttery vanilla like the borneo 2000. But the “Rakhawah” to me is very different I can never tell that is a Borneo don’t even know what to make of it I just know it smells really superb to me the opening notes are layering one over another all so complex to me hard to describe, I have see some people describe some oils like out of this world, well to me “Rakhawah” smells like that, definitely for me is very unusual extremely high class Borneo.
 
Al Shareef Hind is low barn? Are you serious? That is one great oil, but to me it is very strong in the barnyard dimension.

bare in mind i have smelt many oils which contain a pungent barn which overpowers the top note, Al shareef has a fine balance of barn and anamalics within his oils which are not found easily. When i say low barn i mean the barn is balanced within the other notes and in harmony and not overpowering. Peter yes Rakhawah is a borneo done middle eastern style in the sense it isn't like a typical airy Borneo but more mysterious and darker in its character with a lot going on!
 
Al Shareef Hind is low barn? Are you serious? That is one great oil, but to me it is very strong in the barnyard dimension.
I believe the barnyard is perceived more or less depending on the person. Case in point: I gave my sample of Al Shareef II to a certain individual, and he hardly detected the barn, go figured 😵
 
I find the barn of Hind very well balanced like say Habz786. This is why before I dont like barn, because it was over powered to the other notes in the oud I smelt. Now Iam delecting the barn note in Hind
 
I believe the barnyard is perceived more or less depending on the person. Case in point: I gave my sample of Al Shareef II to a certain individual, and he hardly detected the barn, go figured 😵

Exactly, for me Trat Adventure is totally no barn oil, but for Jalil was not, everyone is diferent.
Most people find Masterpiece, 80 years Kalakassi, RK sons Double super assam and haflong all as a strong barn, but for me they are not barn at all, only maybe the kalakassi has a bit balsamic barn hay to me but the others no barn at all. I find the feel oud old school hindi brutal barn for me, also the cheaper super assam from RK sons extremely bad barn so bad I throw it in the garbage.
 
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
@kooolaid79 very nice "little" collection 😉

Please share your impression on Jing shen lu.
 
Back
Top