Looks like I am done with my experimenting burning wood and incense and it is not for me, will stick to the oils now only, after trying to burn agarwood even the premium Shoyeido incense samples with few Kyara sticks and still recovery from messing up my nose from burning frankincense. It is not for me I cannot get any of the pleasant aromas that everyone is getting. The last 2 woods I have left will keep only as a souvenirs.
This one is complimentary if Imperial. Sri lankan and is sinking like a rock.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I am done with my experimenting burning wood and incense and it is not for me, will stick to the oils now only, after trying to burn agarwood even the premium Shoyeido incense samples with few Kyara sticks and still recovery from messing up my nose from burning frankincense. It is not for me I cannot get any of the pleasant aromas that everyone is getting. The last 2 woods I have left will keep only as a souvenirs.
This one is complimentary if Imperial. Sri lankan and is sinking like a rock.
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos

Peter have you tried gentle heating with the electric burners? This is mess free and can tease out the finer notes within
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow my nose don’t like anything coming with smoke, even waiting to burn and than enter the room it is still bad smell to me, but I love the note in oils that people say it smells like burning agarwood.

Specially in masterpiece after the deep earthy opening comes burning agarwood note that I can imagine that’s what high quality Indian wood when burn will smell.
 
Last edited:
If I remember right its wild vietnam
 
@peter4ptv I think one day I will leave burning agarwood and go for frankincense is more healthy and save 100% more than agarwood and all are wild and so far cheaper than agarwood also the smell very nice specially the green one
Yes Mandeel actually the frankincense was the only one from my burning experiments that I was starting to get the smell it just on a long drive I burned in my car and somehow messed up my nose, I think I use it way too much fit too long.
 
Somehow my nose don’t like anything coming with smoke, even waiting to burn and than enter the room it is still bad smell to me, but I love the note in oils that people say it smells like burning agarwood.

Specially in masterpiece after the deep earthy opening comes burning agarwood note that I can imagine that’s what high quality Indian wood when burn will smell.

Hi Peter, if you are seeing and smelling smoke, then the heat is way too strong. Most likely you are smelling burnt wood rather than the heated resin. What is the burner that you are using? Fixed or variable heat type?

As for the Shoyeido incense, I am not really an expert on this but what are the types that you have tried?
 
Back
Top