My new chopping board, made of stainless steel. Wood - Hainan Ant's nest by Yusa as well as a ton I've randomly cut up just to have a random choice of a burn (which I never choose to burn from...)
20231126_180420.jpg

New incense holder
20231124_232019.jpg

incense nubs from the past 2 months maybe. I had more but they're gathered on a low coffee table and I've brushed a few off with my dressing grown then crushed them on the floor by accident
20231112_230627.jpg
 
spent a long time organising. Re-bagged most of my woods, so many were in oversized bags taking up a lot of space!
I cut bits off a lot of wood too and collected a lot more dust for my collection. I should've burned a bit from what I cut tonight, there was some really good wood there. I mixed it into my other pile without really thinking
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos.[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 
Nice collection!
 
spent a long time organising. Re-bagged most of my woods, so many were in oversized bags taking up a lot of space!
I cut bits off a lot of wood too and collected a lot more dust for my collection. I should've burned a bit from what I cut tonight, there was some really good wood there. I mixed it into my other pile without really thinking
View attachment 32202View attachment 32204.View attachment 32194View attachment 32203View attachment 32195View attachment 32198View attachment 32197View attachment 32208View attachment 32200View attachment 32196View attachment 32199View attachment 32201View attachment 32205View attachment 32209View attachment 32207View attachment 32206

I have similar dust and shavings in 3 different bags lol.
 
Sproaty's cutting board reminded me of this video, especially near the end, I would love to get my hands on the tools like these, seems like they'd chip the wood perfectly, resulting in way less dust then other methods

Fun Fact: the man in blue is either @language scent or @iori I'm nearly sure of that 😆 (apologies for the useless tags guys but it was too perfect to pass up!)
im lost bro what guy you talking about?
lol
 
Do we all have visions of this guy replaying in our head from time to time?
 
I spent more time this evening sorting my wood collection.
I relabelled all handwritten ones and moved the stickers to the top left of each baggie. I'm gonna measure out my boxes and create cardboard dividers to store them neater, I'm fed up of having all these across my table too - I've got 2 boxes that I bought months ago for this very purpose but haven't moved them at all
Anyway, it looks much neater now, when stored properly it'll be easier to see which wood is which compared to the label placed elsewhere
Damn that's taken some time to do, I've got a few woods from 2-3 vendors left to re-sort but it's gonna take some time

Sandalwood & oud
20231128_231021.jpg20231128_230913.jpg20231128_235758.jpg20231128_235830.jpg

I bought some small lights from AliExpress to go under the kitchen cupboards, they are all controlled by a single remote. Looks pretty cool, especially for £5. This is at 7.30am, much softer than the overhead lights while it was still fairly dark outside
20231128_072740.jpg20231128_072747.jpg

my plant is growing like crazy!
20231128_235115.jpg
 
Last edited:
G
Assam Imperiale by An Najwa: Well, it is the 26th December, 2023 here, and this is the best Artisanal New Generation Hindi Oud of the Year for me.
View attachment 33057
Ghalia Banu Hashem by An Najwa: Well, it is depth, oomph, divine darkness!
View attachment 33058
Honoured to hear this
Assam Imperiale was my 2nd self distillation which I distilled from Super grade Assamese Agarwood (incense grade)
All sold out privately.
 
That's a lot of swipes for a single day iori 😉 Never mind, I thought some were oils, but I think all of them are sticks or wood
 
Spent an evening and morning rebottling all of my oud/attar samples I’ve gotten from Maison Anthony Marmin over the past year. I found these lovely little bottles on AliExpress, and liked the idea of a better presentation. Not having a particularly professional setup to do this, I was at the mercy of capillary action and air displacement as I drained some 70 little sampler bottles into 48 1/4 Tola bottles (they have nice, deep dip-sticks, and a tapering bottom).

My fingers are already thanking me for the easier-opening on these. I’ve made a habit of requesting 1/4 Tola bottles (added cost paid happily) from perfumers I’ve been buying from, as I tend to struggle with the little 1mL sample holders.

Ultimately I’m happy with the results. See the carnage below, and the final results. My room smells chaotically amazingly, and I didn’t spill a drop!
[Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Oud Photos
    IMG_9089.webp
    168.1 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top