This loss bar oil from @Margon has been part of my EDC from the moment i sniffed it. I decided enough of the tiny little sample bottle, I'm going to carry one of these glass flaçons - more luxurious and it does not leak at all if it is closed mindfully. pretty durable, so I feel like it's a minimal risk to carry it with me. This oil has an aroma that I would describe as a kind of water quality… It's like the smell of an environment that is rich in water, almost a type of petrichor. Then there is dry woodiness with good endurance over a classic glossy sandalwood heart. I love the stuff. I want to help @Margon sell his amazing oil, but I had the miserly urge keep it to myself, not reveal my source, have it be my secret. I highly recommend this particular source of sandalwood!



View attachment 45749
To see that oil loved by you marco really make me smile 😀
 
This loss bar oil from @Margon has been part of my EDC from the moment i sniffed it. I decided enough of the tiny little sample bottle, I'm going to carry one of these glass flaçons - more luxurious and it does not leak at all if it is closed mindfully. pretty durable, so I feel like it's a minimal risk to carry it with me. This oil has an aroma that I would describe as a kind of water quality… It's like the smell of an environment that is rich in water, almost a type of petrichor. Then there is dry woodiness with good endurance over a classic glossy sandalwood heart. I love the stuff. I want to help @Margon sell his amazing oil, but I had the miserly urge keep it to myself, not reveal my source, have it be my secret. I highly recommend this particular source of sandalwood!



View attachment 45749
To see that oil loved by you marco really make me smile 😀
 
To see that oil loved by you marco really make me smile 😀

I love the "Indonesian profile" as I see it and it really stands out while being in balance in this oil.

I was wearing the high pressure oil the other day - that stuff is very interesting as well. Has this kind of thickness and pungency in the topnotes - very satisfying to smell although very heavy with accessory notes.

I haven't really posted much about the third - that vacuum oil… It's quite nice - almost like a perfume. I know I posted some brief note about it… Delicate floral and green elements combine with a nice sweet classic Sandalwood aroma. I could see this being really popular as just a beautiful sandalwood fragrance in itself.

Good stuff across the board. I know I'm repeating myself here I can't remember everything I post
 
Last edited:
AHO Mysuru 3 on the left
Tabeer Oud Mysuru Maharaj on the right.

Very similar oils, the older Maharaj shows it’s age, and at times has a deeper aroma, while Mysuru 3 displays lemon grass and ginger nuances, although at drydown Mysuru 3 has a bit more longevity, I would think the opposite because of Maharaj’s deeper aroma, but apparently there’s more than my understanding.
 
Tamil Nadu 2002
from @Mr.P (wabisabi)
A perfect sandalwood oil for a busy and tired evening
I rarely treat myself to that oil which is silly… I've got a resolution to start using some of the things like this I've stashed because it's ridiculous at this point.
 
@AlHind Oud mysuru special. Beautiful heartwood oil, smooth mellow fuzzy velvety presence!
 
I stumbled on a sample of the Australian oil that @Goodness Nose distilled a while back. Really nice example of spicatum oil with a unique presence and quality reflecting the small batch origin and methodology, no doubt. There is something airy and oceanic about it, and it has that wild spicatum twang in abundance.

Always nice to get specimens of an oil that are not one of the generic blended and mass-produced oils. Both can be phenomenal, but variety is the spice of life and we need as many little distilleries out there as possible I think because it's just fascinating to smell all of the different variations.
 
I am getting wonderful wafts of all the right stuff from a swipe of that Mysore oil that @mesOUD carried a while back. I was reminded of it in a conversation I had with @Loulikesoud yesterday who mentioned how much he enjoyed it. Good stuff, a testament to Mehmet’s nose!
 
Sandalwood is interesting because it's one of these things in the universe that seems like a tool to teach people about moderation. After my post on Tuesday I didn't apply any sandalwood at all until Thursday evening, when I applied a swipe of Indonesian sandalwood.

The intensity and richness of the oil comes across so much stronger if there's been a gap of several days since the last wearing. A small swipe reveals a completely complex multi layered rich woody experience.

If I wear a Sandalwood every day I get a little appreciation for it but 75% of it goes under the radar. I end up having to apply bigger swipes and often have to re-swipe. I'm still enjoying it but I know I'm going through it 100 times faster than I need to and I'm still missing most of the nuances.

Other oils are not like this at all, they don't take three days to reset your sensitivity, I'm not sure what the mechanism is a Sandalwood is a bit of an oddball. If you haven't, try taking a week off or even two weeks from smelling Sandalwood and then go back to your collection and be amazed.
 
Sandalwood is interesting because it's one of these things in the universe that seems like a tool to teach people about moderation. After my post on Tuesday I didn't apply any sandalwood at all until Thursday evening, when I applied a swipe of Indonesian sandalwood.

The intensity and richness of the oil comes across so much stronger if there's been a gap of several days since the last wearing. A small swipe reveals a completely complex multi layered rich woody experience.

If I wear a Sandalwood every day I get a little appreciation for it but 75% of it goes under the radar. I end up having to apply bigger swipes and often have to re-swipe. I'm still enjoying it but I know I'm going through it 100 times faster than I need to and I'm still missing most of the nuances.

Other oils are not like this at all, they don't take three days to reset your sensitivity, I'm not sure what the mechanism is a Sandalwood is a bit of an oddball. If you haven't, try taking a week off or even two weeks from smelling Sandalwood and then go back to your collection and be amazed.
I was puzzled by this also, why one swipe the aroma started to fade, but the second swipe popped!
Also, when I do side by side comparisons, it seems to reveal more nuances.
 
Mysuru 3 from @AlHind Oud - mellow sweet classic sandalwood. I am getting an impression that reminds me of being around mulberry trees and fruit for some reason!
 
Waking and applying Mysore from @Al Shareef Oudh to kick off the day.

Lovely sharp sweet honey smell. Almost like an artisanal perfume made with nature in mind and jumping out of the bottle - waiting to be appreciated. Its unreal how amazing it is. I’ve tried a few other Sandalwood oils but they are flat. This one comes out on top.
 
Waking and applying Mysore from @Al Shareef Oudh to kick off the day.

Lovely sharp sweet honey smell. Almost like an artisanal perfume made with nature in mind and jumping out of the bottle - waiting to be appreciated. Its unreal how amazing it is. I’ve tried a few other Sandalwood oils but they are flat. This one comes out on top.
It's very nice. I bought a bottle of that age's ago and have had some Siberian musk sitting in it for getting close to a year. Only downside to that though is I haven't been able to use it neat since adding the grains. I should get another bottle.
 
Tabeer Oud Mysore Maharaj on the left
Yusa Aromatics Seijuku on the right.

MM is deep and some butter, but also there’s a campfire nearby.
Seijuku is fresh, bright with a bit of lemon, a santalol kick, and a hint of florals.

At this point with the recent artisanal sandalwood distillations that I have tried, I don’t have a favorite…..I love them all🥰
So nice to enjoy each one’s profile.

I sampled Tabeer Oud’s Mysore Malaki,
it’s similar to Maharaj but deeper even,
although the campfire is more than nearby, it’s almost smokey. It is a combination of Hydro and Steam distilled.
 
Timor sandalwood
First time trying a sample of it, it sits in a middle ground between Indian and Indonesian sandalwood with woody sweetness, creamy but not as much as mysore, a little spicy, but overall balanced with nothing dominating too much. Some people pick up citrus notes but I cannot. Nice longevity too as I can still smell it after waking up (I applied it two hours before sleeping)
 
Back
Top