AlShareef Oudh - Mysore

This Mysore came from a great batch. This is the only Mysore I will not use to make a blend. It’s beautiful on its own neat.

It opens with an almost citrus perfume scent that leads to a warm and woody feeling. Creamy butteriness soon ensues which brings its relaxing properties. I can’t remember the last time I applied some. It’s always a joy when I do.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
    IMG_2489.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 14
One tree from @AlHind Oud hitting like an oil from 25 years ago… Just amazing.
 
KyaraZen- Santal Rêverie

It’s a darker shade of yellow/orange slightly viscous sandalwood oil. I’m getting notes of toasty cinnamon, banana, cream, and butter 🧈. It’s like pancakes with maple syrup 🍁. It’s very gourmand. This is contrasted against Mysore which is crisp, bright, and citrusy 🍋‍🟩. Both though are amazing.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
    IMG_1741.webp
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
hey I can talk about my own extract here because I ain't selling. I was smelling this amazing classic hydrodistilled sandalwood aroma and trying to remember where it was coming from because I didn't remember putting on any sandalwood oil. Took me a minute to recognize that this was my own solvent extract, smelling much different now, I guess the result of time… whereas at first it pretty much strictly had the notes of solvent extracted sandal, a unique variation on the sandalwood theme, it's now producing a very typical classic dry down aroma consistent with high-quality sandalwood essential oils. Very pleasant shift in the scent of this fragrance, I assume it just relates to rebound from the intensity of extraction itself or something like that? or maybe just something different about the way my olfactory system is responding today. Could not be more pleased
 
hey I can talk about my own extract here because I ain't selling. I was smelling this amazing classic hydrodistilled sandalwood aroma and trying to remember where it was coming from because I didn't remember putting on any sandalwood oil. Took me a minute to recognize that this was my own solvent extract, smelling much different now, I guess the result of time… whereas at first it pretty much strictly had the notes of solvent extracted sandal, a unique variation on the sandalwood theme, it's now producing a very typical classic dry down aroma consistent with high-quality sandalwood essential oils. Very pleasant shift in the scent of this fragrance, I assume it just relates to rebound from the intensity of extraction itself or something like that? or maybe just something different about the way my olfactory system is responding today. Could not be more pleased
How long has it been aging for this shift to happen?
 
1. Mysore Sandal by An Najwa
2. Timur Sandal (Private Distiller)
3. Mysore Timur Australian Sandal Musk Maceration


Mysore has turned to be a liquid gold. Nowadays, Timur Sandal has hooked me all the way. Musk Maceration in Timur Sandal has a different flare.

The best ever statement about maceration is by respected Al Shareef Oudh that maceration quality is directly proportional to the quality of Sandal. (He actially expressed in a symbolic langauge.)
Wish those masters get active here again. I really miss the days when high end discussion took place here.

Hope we relive the days gone with the wind.
 
1. Mysore Sandal by An Najwa
2. Timur Sandal (Private Distiller)
3. Mysore Timur Australian Sandal Musk Maceration


Mysore has turned to be a liquid gold. Nowadays, Timur Sandal has hooked me all the way. Musk Maceration in Timur Sandal has a different flare.

The best ever statement about maceration is by respected Al Shareef Oudh that maceration quality is directly proportional to the quality of Sandal. (He actially expressed in a symbolic langauge.)
Wish those masters get active here again. I really miss the days when high end discussion took place here.

Hope we relive the days gone with the wind.
Agreed 100%. Been a while since there was sustained and informed discourse about the craft. Maybe it's because everybody has their own Facebook fan group or Instagram page now so there's less motivation to contribute here? Bring back Olefaktory!
 
This is cheating, but:

Al Hind Santalea, large swipe last night , with one musk grain that I crushed on my wrist and mixed into the sandalwood. The floral, lily notes of the santal got pushed into unreal territory, dancing, bursting, wave after aggressive wave f flowers. This morning pure musk with a hint of classic sandalwood as an anchor.
 
Home again and sticking with sandalwood for the day. This is a blend and maceration of my own and it sings. ASO - Tamil Nadu Absolut + New Mountain Australian sandalwood + brown ambergris. 🤩🤩 Look at that colour!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
    PXL_20260324_024945651.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.webp
    98.6 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
    PXL_20260324_024929225.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
Really impressed by the "One Tree" oil from @AlHind Oud - it consistently presents a sophisticated rich bouquet of beautiful balanced dry woody notes and a warm sweet mapleish quality throughout. This profile is a rarity, truly.
 
I just smelled a supposed high-end sandalwood oil that is loaded with sandalore. Might actually just simply be diluted sandalore. That's a good chemical to get a sample of so you know what to watch out for.
Just so everyone knows, this was indeed caught during screening. It had some sandalwood but was cut with aroma chemical. It was purchased from Etsy from Guy's Agarwood Hall. KOS005 was on the bottle labeled "WILD SANDALWOOD OIL" Kingdom of Tonga, Traditional Distillation.

By traditional, it means contaminated with stuff that's 1000 X cheaper. Good nose on Mr. P, the undisputed king of sandalwood in my honest opinion. Guy could moonlight for the French fragrance houses as a raw material buyer. He's 2/2 on fakes!
 
Just so everyone knows, this was indeed caught during screening. It had some sandalwood but was cut with aroma chemical. It was purchased from Etsy from Guy's Agarwood Hall. KOS005 was on the bottle labeled "WILD SANDALWOOD OIL" Kingdom of Tonga, Traditional Distillation.

By traditional, it means contaminated with stuff that's 1000 X cheaper. Good nose on Mr. P, the undisputed king of sandalwood in my honest opinion. Guy could moonlight for the French fragrance houses as a raw material buyer. He's 2/2 on fakes!
thanks, Loulikesoud!
 
Back
Top