I am not sure where else to find CO2 oils at this point. The only place I know that has them in stock is Hermitage.

Speaking of sandalwood, I just applied a swipe of Mysore I got from @mesOUD when he was reselling oils as opposed to distilling his own. This was a very reasonably priced sandalwood, with a nice nutty opening and a classic beautiful clean woody dry down. Glad to have a bottle
 
Last edited:
New Caledonia sandalwood absolute

First time trying Santalum austrocaledonicum
as well as a sandalwood absolute.
It’s quite amazing. It has the beautiful almost brown auger like scent and I really adore it. It’s a very sweet surgery scent, almost like being in the candy store when I was a kid😛

Definitely will be using that regularly
Does anybody know if the wood is available by itself?
[Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
 
Free!!!

Mysore Signature- Fraterworks


Staying with a friend who gifted me a 25g bottle of the Fraterworks Mysore! He doesn’t like it and knew that I’m crazy for sandalwood. Truly amazing gift!💕

I’m surprised at how much I enjoy this after reading some of the reviews on here. It’s not as characterful as an artisanal oil but it’s not bland or boring either. I find it deep, sweet, a little spicy and clean, woody, white. For me it would be the perfect thing for maceration and I just so happen to have a half gram of musk grains and a gram each of white and gold ambergris 🫠. The drydown on my skin type is pure maple, cooked sugar. But with heft and depth.

This same friend was recently in the gulf and bought two Indian ouds from “a store”, he doesn’t remember which. (And I’m not sure if he was in Doha or Dubai because he’s travelled to both in the last few months). Anyway, one of the ouds was a real nose-buried-in-my-wrist affair. For someone who’s not into scents, oud or oils in general he managed to make a supreme haul. Plus, bakhoors! Now he wants a Cambodian oud because he smelled one in store and regrets not buying it. I did tell him that’s a slippery slope!😂
 
Last edited:
Free!!!

Mysore Signature- Fraterworks


Staying with a friend who gifted me a 25g bottle of the Fraterworks Mysore! He doesn’t like it and knew that I’m crazy for sandalwood. Truly amazing gift!💕

I’m surprised at how much I enjoy this after reading some of the reviews on here. It’s not as characterful as an artisanal oil but it’s not bland or boring either. I find it deep, sweet, a little spicy and clean, woody, white. For me it would be the perfect thing for maceration and I just so happen to have a half gram of musk grains and a gram each of white and gold ambergris 🫠. The drydown on my skin type is pure maple, cooked sugar. But with heft and depth.

This same friend was recently in the gulf and bought two Indian ouds from “a store”, he doesn’t remember which. (And I’m not sure if he was in Doha or Dubai because he’s travelled to both in the last few months). Anyway, one of the ouds was a real nose-buried-in-my-wrist affair. For someone who’s not into scents, oud or oils in general he managed to make a supreme haul. Plus, bakhoors! Now he wants a Cambodian oud because he smelled one in store and regrets not buying it. I did tell him that’s a slippery slope!😂
Good to hear your friend was able to pickup some good ouds. I used my whole gram of the Fraterworks pretty quickly. I found it to be tangy, yoghurty, actually kind of unidimensional (on second thoughts) but certainly not bad.
 
Hello everyone. I have received some goodies from Habzoud today which came with a sample of Sandal Uno. This is my first time trying sandalwood oil and I have a tiny spec of this on my wrist. To me, it smelled citrusy in the beginning but smelling it after a few minutes and the desi ghee in this is unmistakable. Not the kind of desi ghee you find in the supermarket, the homemade kind, richer and smoother.
Amazing 😊
 
Free!!!

Mysore Signature- Fraterworks


Staying with a friend who gifted me a 25g bottle of the Fraterworks Mysore! He doesn’t like it and knew that I’m crazy for sandalwood. Truly amazing gift!💕

I’m surprised at how much I enjoy this after reading some of the reviews on here. It’s not as characterful as an artisanal oil but it’s not bland or boring either.

yeah it's just fine as a plantation type oil. In terms of my own comments it was just a disconnect between the product description and the reality of the product. It is not the super premium true core Mysore sandalwood experience that they claim it is but it is an acceptable plantation substitute for blending and the like. I would've been happy to get it for 3 to 5 dollars per gram I would say.
 
Last edited:
This is pretty much a first impression: the An Najwa Ceylon 2025 is a quality sandalwood, has a more or less nutty / woody profile in the opening with a nice sweet warm woodiness that gradually grows as the nutty top notes fade - I very much like the presence of the mid register facets of this one - nice complex appealing sandalwoodiness. Smells authentic and high-quality, I don't know the details of the materials that went into this other than the location and the year. I also have not done a full day wearing just this so I can't comment on its long-term performance.
 
Last edited:
Smelled an unreleased steam distilled Mysore (2025) from @AlHind Oud - this is a little more than a first impression but still somewhat of a first impression so take it with a grain of salt:

this is an interesting oil with a classic woody nutty profile and for the first couple of applications some notes reminded me of some of the Santal Midy specimens that have come my way. The note in question is a kind of medicinal phenolic aspect in the top notes, just enough to be intriguing, not out of balance and still harmonizing nicely with a real classic deep dry woody sandalwood heart and bass and a very nice classic profile overall. My understanding was this was steamed distilled from pure heartwood, no idea if the note that caught my attention is a result of a particular type of wood or a particular approach to distillation but in any case results in an oil that is interesting and familiar at the same time. On the latest swipe I applied I did not find myself noticing the medicinal facet as much as on the first couple of swipes - has me wondering why that got my attention so much at first.

Anas told me this was not one that he personally distilled, but came from a distiller he knows in India, and that makes sense based on the profile because it's different from what comes out of the Al Hind distillery.

Definitely a nice oil, nose glued to my forearm here and I gave it enough time yesterday to verify that it really carries through into the base
 
One Log Sandalwood
- by Olefaktory

Distillation of a single log of aged Indonesian heartwood by EJayB

Opening with bright, lily-like florals, and an almost palatable muskiness that feels layered and 3 dimensional.

Sharper edges soften within the heart, becoming creamy, lactic and nutty. A hint of resinous, balsamic frankincense can be detected as I sniff deeply.

Notes of buttery woodiness, similar to a vintage Mysore, remain clean and powdery deep into the drydown. It lingers for hours in a steady, understated way.

[Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
 
One Log Sandalwood
- by Olefaktory

Distillation of a single log of aged Indonesian heartwood by EJayB

Opening with bright, lily-like florals, and an almost palatable muskiness that feels layered and 3 dimensional.

Sharper edges soften within the heart, becoming creamy, lactic and nutty. A hint of resinous, balsamic frankincense can be detected as I sniff deeply.

Notes of buttery woodiness, similar to a vintage Mysore, remain clean and powdery deep into the drydown. It lingers for hours in a steady, understated way.

View attachment 54443
I have tried to get that dude to sell me some sandalwood. We had a great DM exchange and then he stopped responding 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
I have tried to get that dude to sell me some sandalwood. We had a great DM exchange and then he stopped responding 🤷🏻‍♂️
I haven't talked to him in quite some time and it looks like his Instagram hasn't been active since last year

He has a farm. I think this is the time of year. He's pretty busy. I sent him a message today but haven't heard back.
 
Free!!!

Mysore Signature- Fraterworks


Staying with a friend who gifted me a 25g bottle of the Fraterworks Mysore! He doesn’t like it and knew that I’m crazy for sandalwood. Truly amazing gift!💕

I’m surprised at how much I enjoy this after reading some of the reviews on here. It’s not as characterful as an artisanal oil but it’s not bland or boring either. I find it deep, sweet, a little spicy and clean, woody, white. For me it would be the perfect thing for maceration and I just so happen to have a half gram of musk grains and a gram each of white and gold ambergris 🫠. The drydown on my skin type is pure maple, cooked sugar. But with heft and depth.
I'm happy you like it, but I have to agree with whatever reviews you have been reading. I find this sandalwood to be very bland and boring, and the notes it does have are slightly unpleasant to me, like the oil has gone a bit rancid. There might be different versions of it or something.
 
I'm happy you like it, but I have to agree with whatever reviews you have been reading. I find this sandalwood to be very bland and boring, and the notes it does have are slightly unpleasant to me, like the oil has gone a bit rancid. There might be different versions of it or something.
To me it smells like Verbena.
 
Today it is a swipe of a sandalwood resinoid i made from chips i have had for about 20
years. The resinoids are unique, a bit like CO2 oils but with a different specific scent. Very dry and old woody smelling, more saturated top notes, an interesting complement to the distilled oils.
 
Scored two tola's of local Indonesian sandalwood yesterday for $90 USD. Very light in colour and quite thin in viscosity but it packs a punch in the santalol department. Very creamy and quite deep wood notes. Nothing citrusy at all. Unfortunately I did not think to ask at the time when it was distilled.
[Ouddict.com] Sandalwood oil of the day
This will be perfect for the maceration I have in mind.
 
Back
Top