A few things got posted to me today...

-new batch of FINE jasmine grand absolute
-Frankincense molecular distillate
-Tonka absolute
-Patchoulol isolate
-Szechuan pepper CO2

All delicious
 
And I just ordered another Jasmine, this is the MANE Indian oil. I was a little hesitant to share the details on this one because it feels kind of like a secret ingredient. (For the most part I think of my formulas as secret but my ingredients as public knowledge but occasionally I am tempted to clam-up).

There are lots of different types of Jasmine grandiflorum absolute depending on the origin, quality of the crop, skill of the extractor, etc.. The stuff can be anywhere from limp and awful to soaring and gobsmacking.

This oil is an outlier for grandiflorum and is a very specific type - saturated engaging top note which brings the intensity of tuberose absolute to mind (lots of bogus tuberose out there - i'm talking about the real absolute). Additionally this one, to my nose, adds a distinct musk presence to the blends it is in. The complex aquatic multi faceted beauty is there as well but in this particular type of absolute, it's behind this intense tuberose-like top note. Some other fine extractions emphasize more of the soft dewey and linalool adjacent floral aquatic facets, but this one has its own charm.

This Jasmine is more of a tool to me than "the perfect Jasmine" - I would never use this as the bulk of a jasmine perfume for example, but I want to always have some of this on hand - super useful in the context of botanical perfume due to its musky quality.
 
@Mr.P you and some of your other crew on here are gonna be the ones who pull me away from just oil and wood, and move into attars and other essential oils… I can feel the pull

One vendor included a small sample of Siberian deer musk, and I had no idea how heavenly that fragrance could be… my feet are starting to slip down the slippery slope

Help? (Just kidding)
 
Got some orders hopefully waiting for me back in UK for when I get home next Wednesday.

Yusa:
Old Mysore 1995 2.5g (can’t wait to try this)
Senren (Hoi An/Viet oud) 1g

EO:
Italian Jasmine 2.5g
Basic Kinam 2g
Shuyukhi (I fear I may have fallen a bit for the marketing verbiage here, but I have high hopes)

First time ordering from EO so we’ll see how it goes.

P.s. Yusa - legends - from order placed to delivery in 36 hours!
 
Got some orders hopefully waiting for me back in UK for when I get home next Wednesday.

Yusa:
Old Mysore 1995 2.5g (can’t wait to try this)
Senren (Hoi An/Viet oud) 1g

EO:
Italian Jasmine 2.5g
Basic Kinam 2g
Shuyukhi (I fear I may have fallen a bit for the marketing verbiage here, but I have high hopes)

First time ordering from EO so we’ll see how it goes.

P.s. Yusa - legends - from order placed to delivery in 36 hours!
Shuyukhi is good. You need to dress up to sport shuyukhi. Not kidding
 
Be interested to hear how you get on with these oils. I liked the Merauke, and found it the most challenging of theirs - doesn’t play well with rose (or really anything else I tried to mix it with) - earthy, petrichor, sous-bois and smoke.
I feel like I've been bathing in the merauke this spring. Heavy earth, roasted cocoa nibs, and dripping resin. It's so lovely. I can see a good orris going well with this. Something somber.
Anybody try their Laos offering?
 
I feel like I've been bathing in the merauke this spring. Heavy earth, roasted cocoa nibs, and dripping resin. It's so lovely. I can see a good orris going well with this. Something somber.
Anybody try their Laos offering?
I got a sample of Lao Kaze, and I remember it being extremely thick in consistency - almost glue-like. I’ll try to remember to wear it again next week and make a note.
 
@Mr.P you and some of your other crew on here are gonna be the ones who pull me away from just oil and wood, and move into attars and other essential oils… I can feel the pull

One vendor included a small sample of Siberian deer musk, and I had no idea how heavenly that fragrance could be… my feet are starting to slip down the slippery slope

Help? (Just kidding)
Try Elysium by Sulaym. Or Jade Blaze by Sulaym. You won’t regret it.
 
Last edited:
@Mr.P you and some of your other crew on here are gonna be the ones who pull me away from just oil and wood, and move into attars and other essential oils… I can feel the pull

One vendor included a small sample of Siberian deer musk, and I had no idea how heavenly that fragrance could be… my feet are starting to slip down the slippery slope

Help? (Just kidding)
Musk is King.

I highly recommend Al Shareef Attars. True mastery.

Sulaym is very talented, Elysium really is beautiful among many others. Really good people running Sulaym with excellence (Ihsan)

Al Hashimi SR2 and SR3 and musk attars are great.

An Najwa Ghaliyah was really good but sold out.

There are many others.

Attars also vary a lot based on preference.
 
Top