Oh, there you are @SteveE have you been off the boards today? I haven't noticed you as much as I usually do.
Hey buddy!

Swinging back into heavy work mode, have a huge trade show coming up… it’s the Super Bowl for my industry this time of year and I will be defending my 20’ x 10’ square of carpet here soon with my team. I as owner of the company get the task of dealing with all the logistics.

Then on the farm been working my butt off getting the fields ready for our fall clover and Rye crops - everything was going well, until a stick got lodged under my tractor and broke a fuel line …. so I was monkeying around on the tractor for couple days and finally got it back out on the field!

Stuff like that starts stacking up and pulls me away from good times here!

In the photo below, you may notice my socks, pulled up over the jeans, that’s something you learn in North Texas to avoid the bites of the dreaded CHIGGER … if you know, you know!!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_0560.webp
    274.1 KB · Views: 84
Hey buddy!

Swinging back into heavy work mode, have a huge trade show coming up… it’s the Super Bowl for my industry this time of year and I will be defending my 20’ x 10’ square of carpet here soon with my team. I as owner of the company get the task of dealing with all the logistics.

Then on the farm been working my butt off getting the fields ready for our fall clover and Rye crops - everything was going well, until a stick got lodged under my tractor and broke a fuel line …. so I was monkeying around on the tractor for couple days and finally got it back out on the field!

Stuff like that starts stacking up and pulls me away from good times here!

In the photo below, you may notice my socks, pulled up over the jeans, that’s something you learn in North Texas to avoid the bites of the dreaded CHIGGER … if you know, you know!!

My gosh, and I thought I had it bad!!!

At least you ended the day with a nice gift for yourself!

My grandfather was a farmer in Spain and then in upper-state New York when he and my grandmother emigrated to the US (this is my dad's side, my mom's side emigrated around the same time, but from Sicily). I have fond memories of sitting in Grandpa's lap while he plowed the fields, and another memory of walking through his orange grove, with orange blossoms blooming narcotically in the air, everything cool and crisp. Love it! But yeah, I do NOT miss the chiggers! I remember those things, nasty little bastards.
 
Oh wow I’m glad you have those memories, Joe!… my ancestors are probably spinning in their graves wondering why they emigrated from Norway as farmers… and then I went to college only to end up back doing what they did! 😂

Chiggers… They are the worst! We have almost full protection now with permethrin sprayed socks and pants (just have to remember to re-spray every 4-5 washes), and keeping smart about keeping our grass cut low. June-September are the danger months here… we’re almost through it.

Here’s my “whip”… I have 170 hours on it. Tractors are amazing tools - I have about 6 or 7 different attachments making it a Swiss Army knife.

On Saturday, I helped our neighbor cut down five cedar trees between 30 and 40 feet tall, bucking the wood, dug out the stumps and then moved them into piles. Then we went into his garage and played music for a couple hours. 🙂 me on the Telecaster and him on his drums. Not a bad Sunday.

Back to fragrance… Lots of PETRACHOR, CEDAR, and DIESEL notes. 🙂
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_7774.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 70
  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_0565.webp
    329 KB · Views: 67
Back on track…

Have en route:

ASO Summit 30ml
EO Iris Noir 30ml
EO Oud Ertugrul II 2g
ES Qinan Rose 15ml
ES Narjis Noor 15ml

After saying to myself and some vendors I was pausing.

Slipping off the deep end … was limited to oils for 8 months and then now attars and perfumes are in my baskets.

Have some tempting offers on other rare products dangling before me in my inbox… a bunch of samples I’ve still to Sample.

Blaming nobody but myself. 🙂
 
Back on track…

Have en route:

ASO Summit 30ml
EO Iris Noir 30ml
EO Oud Ertugrul II 2g
ES Qinan Rose 15ml
ES Narjis Noor 15ml

After saying to myself and some vendors I was pausing.

Slipping off the deep end … was limited to oils for 8 months and then now attars and perfumes are in my baskets.

Have some tempting offers on other rare products dangling before me in my inbox… a bunch of samples I’ve still to Sample.

Blaming nobody but myself. 🙂
You’ll love Iris Noir. Oud Ertugrul II is legendary as I’ve been told. Hope you enjoy!
 
Back on track…

Have en route:

ASO Summit 30ml
EO Iris Noir 30ml
EO Oud Ertugrul II 2g
ES Qinan Rose 15ml
ES Narjis Noor 15ml

After saying to myself and some vendors I was pausing.

Slipping off the deep end … was limited to oils for 8 months and then now attars and perfumes are in my baskets.

Have some tempting offers on other rare products dangling before me in my inbox… a bunch of samples I’ve still to Sample.

Blaming nobody but myself. 🙂
ES Qinan Rose will surprise you. Enjoy!
 
Excited for few incoming ones
New 3rd edition rosa ataraxis (I have 2nd edition and love, wish I could get 1st edition)
Bilquis al ward
Zakir lotus oud
and hopefully if I am lucky enough I can grab a bottle of elkhaldi qinan rose, I really wanted the ghazali finale but wasn't paying attention to social / website at that time

If I have spare funds afterwards then I would like to try to get a bottle of the summit

Also how are so many people getting the elkhaldi fragrances before they even release?
 
Back on track…

Have en route:

ASO Summit 30ml
EO Iris Noir 30ml
EO Oud Ertugrul II 2g
ES Qinan Rose 15ml
ES Narjis Noor 15ml

After saying to myself and some vendors I was pausing.

Slipping off the deep end … was limited to oils for 8 months and then now attars and perfumes are in my baskets.

Have some tempting offers on other rare products dangling before me in my inbox… a bunch of samples I’ve still to Sample.

Blaming nobody but myself. 🙂
Crap, @SteveE , that's a lot!
 
I'm happy to be sending a set of samples of some of the perfumes and extracts I have made to a member here whose opinion I greatly value, but whose location has made it impossible for me to ship to previously. Feedback/analysis from people who have a sharp / developed nose is priceless. Reviews are great, but direct honest communication from a customer is the GOAT. 🙂
 
Top