Americans who have received packages from overseas this week: Have any of you experienced any new hassles or import duties? I have a very small package from Sulaym coming in, 3 x .25 gram. DHL had to collect $20.78 before it can deliver the package. Also waiting on a large package from Australia. That cost many hundreds and a week's worth of nonsense from Customs. They didn't actually reach out to me but I could see the package stuck in Cincinnati thanks to DHL tracking. If I hadn't started bothering DHL, the package would have gone back to Australia the end of the week.
This is typical of some shippers. At times, I’ve paid for everything only to have the goods arrive and there are these surprise fees. Gotta pay them we’re hostages. I live in Saudi Arabia. It’s pretty common before the tariffs.
 
Just notified the Kangiiten shipment has arrived. Kid on birthday excitement in my heart!
You should really enjoy Dreams of An-Nam. Welcome to a new addiction of Kangiiten incense. A seperate thread has been started a couple of weeks ago for impressions of the Imperial TCM series. I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on all of them so please feel free to contribute. Little has been said about them so far and I have only tried one of them. Enjoy!
 
You should really enjoy Dreams of An-Nam. Welcome to a new addiction of Kangiiten incense. A seperate thread has been started a couple of weeks ago for impressions of the Imperial TCM series. I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on all of them so please feel free to contribute. Little has been said about them so far and I have only tried one of them. Enjoy!
Will do!
 
Just arrived:

ASQ - Smoked Agarwood Oud oil
AlMokhlif Oud - Royal Vietnamese angles and Hindi Moori Oud chips

[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
Seduced by the introductory price (very cheap and cheerful in Ouds' scale) and an exceedingly high praise by the vendor (Hermitage oils of Italy) - as the 'best value (for money) ever... heavenly..', waiting for the Thai plantation crassna 'Khao Yai Royal' 2019 'all out incense profile', 7 years' aged, ultra-limited batch)', so I'm getting 10 ml of it. We'll see in about 3 days, whether such enthusiastic recommendation is justified... I had some wild Khao Yai 10-years' aged from the same supplier, which while beautiful and tenacious overall, was rather subtle, quiet and staying close to skin - meaning it required liberal amounts to make an impression; I hope 'all out incense' translates to more loud presence.
For the bottle not to be lonely in the parcel, I also ordered another introducton-priced Persian Rose otto 'The Queen of Azerbaijan' (and some other specialties) 🙂
 
Last edited:
Seduced by the introductory price (very cheap and cheerful in Ouds' scale) and an exceedingly high praise by the vendor (Hermitage oils of Italy) - as the 'best value (for money) ever... heavenly..', waiting for the Thai plantation crassna 'Khao Yai Royal' 2019 'all out incense profile', 7 years' aged, ultra-limited batch)', so I'm getting 10 ml of it. We'll see in about 3 days, whether such enthusiastic recommendation is justified... I had some wild Khao Yai 10-years' aged from the same supplier, which while beautiful and tenacious overall, was rather subtle, quiet and staying close to skin - meaning it required liberal amounts to make an impression; I hope 'all out incense' translates to more loud presence.
For the bottle not to be lonely in the parcel, I also ordered another introducton-priced Persian Rose otto 'The Queen of Azerbaijan' (and some other specialties) 🙂
Are hermitage oils pure? No offence to seller if they're in here. I just want to be sure
 
Are hermitage oils pure? No offence to seller if they're in here. I just want to be sure
they are is not here, so we can be blatantly honest 🙂
And I am not involved with their business in any way but as a satisfied customer with the most stringent personal standards - I am a professional perfumer making only bespoke luxurious fragrances - exclusively from natural essences (with over 3 decades of experience in the field), so the highest (better rarest and exclusive) quality of my raw materials is an absolute priority for me; so my standard is 'only the Best'.
Hermitage oils - located in Italy - is European niche specialist in natural aromatics of the highest order - their essences are not just pure and genuine but many times are of artisanal, exceptional quality, of limited, rare and unique batches; they are truly one of the best in the world;
and many times other artisanal suppliers discreetly buy from Hermitage some exclusive materials that later pop up in their sites - by double and triple prices (or being used as ingredients in luxurious natural perfumes) - because their (Hermitage) prices - in comparison to their global and local EU competitors (from what I know by my own wallet) are the most attractive.
Adam Michael - the man behind the brand (originally from UK but relocated to Italy a while ago) - is truly dedicated to his work, with sharp sensibilites for the qualities and worldwide enduring contacts with aromatics-producing artisans (it seems that he is the second generation in the business): Hermitage oils are in the artisan natural-aromatic field since 1979!
While not specializing narrowly in Ouds but generally in entire aromatic spectrum, even their Ouds (including 'cheap' plantation ones) are of artisan quality by default; but their unique specialty is Florals - carrying also some of the rarest in the world (like Tobacco flower, Honeysuckle, Karo Karounde and Boronia), plus the largest Rose oils collection I've ever encountered (for example currently they have about 20 different Rose essences).
So yes, you can be sure 🙂
 
Last edited:
Top