Kai's Agarwood Hall on ETSY ~ This treasure that I don't recommend. I actually saw it originally for 70 dollars on Aliexpress. But thanks to our Felon in Chief, Aliexpress is not shipping. I had passed on it originally because I didn't see it feedback anywhere about it. The unit is smaller than the Nine Regions one I have and love, but killed the cord tripping it on. I bought this for $365. I tried getting scent out of it for weeks. I even left it on in my car and returned to nothing. You can imagine I'm pissed having wasted woods. It's completely perplexing. How could it not diffuse scent? It gets hot!!? I know that because I burned the tip of my nose. And told Kai thus that I was stupefied that I had to actually hold my nose up to the unit to detect anything. He said that would be correct. Anyway I will attach his words. (If there is a better home for this post let me know.)

From Uncle Kai ~
From the photo you've provided and your description, it appears that the incense heater may not have been used in the way it was designed for. This particular unit functions similarly to the style used in Kōdō—the traditional Japanese incense ceremony. It’s crafted to gently warm a single, tiny piece of agarwood or kyara, allowing you to savour its delicate fragrance by bringing the heater close to the nose and taking small, intentional breaths.

Unlike room diffusers or high-heat burners, these heaters are not made to fill an entire space or car with scent. Instead, they follow the centuries-old Kōdō method, where the experience is personal, refined, and quiet—meant to be enjoyed by proximity rather than diffusion.

If you're curious, the following videos demonstrate this beautifully:
• www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRP0jowED00
• www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpDb5LhvvSM
• www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLZDsN35D_I

The heater is, in essence, a modern replacement for the charcoal-mica plate setup used in traditional ceremonies. When used as intended—warming a very small chip and bringing the heater close to the nose—it is capable of drawing out the intricate and evolving notes of high-grade agarwood and kinam.

I completely understand your frustration and your desire for it to perform more like your previous heater. However, as noted in the product listing, once the heater is used, I’m unable to offer a refund, as it can no longer be sold as new to another customer. I truly hope you understand this position.

If you’re still open to exploring its use in the traditional way, I’d be more than happy to guide you through the setup, step by step, to help you get the best experience out of it. You're also welcome to let me know what your previous heater was—perhaps I can help recommend a different model in the future, should stock or shipping conditions improve.

Thank you again for your understanding and for being a part of this journey in appreciating rare and precious woods.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    IMG_9632.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 82
Kai's Agarwood Hall on ETSY ~ This treasure that I don't recommend. I actually saw it originally for 70 dollars on Aliexpress. But thanks to our Felon in Chief, Aliexpress is not shipping. I had passed on it originally because I didn't see it feedback anywhere about it. The unit is smaller than the Nine Regions one I have and love, but killed the cord tripping it on. I bought this for $365. I tried getting scent out of it for weeks. I even left it on in my car and returned to nothing. You can imagine I'm pissed having wasted woods. It's completely perplexing. How could it not diffuse scent? It gets hot!!? I know that because I burned the tip of my nose. And told Kai thus that I was stupefied that I had to actually hold my nose up to the unit to detect anything. He said that would be correct. Anyway I will attach his words. (If there is a better home for this post let me know.)

From Uncle Kai ~
From the photo you've provided and your description, it appears that the incense heater may not have been used in the way it was designed for. This particular unit functions similarly to the style used in Kōdō—the traditional Japanese incense ceremony. It’s crafted to gently warm a single, tiny piece of agarwood or kyara, allowing you to savour its delicate fragrance by bringing the heater close to the nose and taking small, intentional breaths.

Unlike room diffusers or high-heat burners, these heaters are not made to fill an entire space or car with scent. Instead, they follow the centuries-old Kōdō method, where the experience is personal, refined, and quiet—meant to be enjoyed by proximity rather than diffusion.

If you're curious, the following videos demonstrate this beautifully:
• www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRP0jowED00
• www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpDb5LhvvSM
• www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLZDsN35D_I

The heater is, in essence, a modern replacement for the charcoal-mica plate setup used in traditional ceremonies. When used as intended—warming a very small chip and bringing the heater close to the nose—it is capable of drawing out the intricate and evolving notes of high-grade agarwood and kinam.

I completely understand your frustration and your desire for it to perform more like your previous heater. However, as noted in the product listing, once the heater is used, I’m unable to offer a refund, as it can no longer be sold as new to another customer. I truly hope you understand this position.

If you’re still open to exploring its use in the traditional way, I’d be more than happy to guide you through the setup, step by step, to help you get the best experience out of it. You're also welcome to let me know what your previous heater was—perhaps I can help recommend a different model in the future, should stock or shipping conditions improve.

Thank you again for your understanding and for being a part of this journey in appreciating rare and precious woods.
Hey
I have same heater since long time and its still kicking, i bought it around 300$ when none were available on aliexress now many available of better brands like Taiwanese ones.

My biggest cons of this one is static electricity make some of the shaving stuck on side and not on heating area and some wood can go down on sides of heating bowl which you will need after long time to open and clean it.

Best thing to use those kind of heater by powdering or shaving the pieces to get best aroma, IMO if you want something like Kodo cup go for Japanese ones but the biggest issue with them that they don't have wide range of Temperature control which is why i don't like using them for my likes.

Also another thing to mention which you probably know that, not all wood suitable for listening.
 
Interesting, are these specifically sold as zukoh or are they just fine powders that you are using that way? Nice to see some kind of variety of purpose made zukoh!

Where did you find these?
Its from online auction, it was listed as zukko, maybe seller producing incense sticks, this is leftover material.
 
View attachment 50393

I have this apparatus on the way… It's for removing traces of alcohol from extracts without relying on heat or long periods of exposure the environment. Basically just a vacuum chamber. Containers with extract can be placed in the chamber and left open. at the reduced pressure alcohol literally boils off rapidly, even at room temperature. 🙂
I bought grinder for wood from this company , they have interesting tools, was looking for their hydrosol extraction tool, but was not sure ifs that good, cause i dont know nothing about it
 
I bought grinder for wood from this company , they have interesting tools, was looking for their hydrosol extraction tool, but was not sure ifs that good, cause i dont know nothing about it
i need to order one of those grinders adds well...
 
Hey folks,

haven't been around for a while, sooo much work and then someone close in our family passed.

Also I tried to experiment with all the Infos that I got from here and all the oils I ordered and was really patiently waiting for stuff to macerate and for oils to develop....well.....I'm not THAT happy, but will ask that in another thread.

Coming to the inbounds:

I found something fancy which I don't even find here via the search function, had to order it as Etsy reviews were awesome:

Wool absolute

Does anyone know this? It's supposed to be a good and cruelty free substitute for animal musks. Have to wait for overseas shipping now.

And I ordered a piece of ambergris grey/white from Dan's latest batch and his ambergris oil - had these before, we're awesome, I'm just not really good in processing them I guess.

Blessings
Amberbreens
 
Hey folks,

haven't been around for a while, sooo much work and then someone close in our family passed.

Also I tried to experiment with all the Infos that I got from here and all the oils I ordered and was really patiently waiting for stuff to macerate and for oils to develop....well.....I'm not THAT happy, but will ask that in another thread.

Coming to the inbounds:

I found something fancy which I don't even find here via the search function, had to order it as Etsy reviews were awesome:

Wool absolute

Does anyone know this? It's supposed to be a good and cruelty free substitute for animal musks. Have to wait for overseas shipping now.

And I ordered a piece of ambergris grey/white from Dan's latest batch and his ambergris oil - had these before, we're awesome, I'm just not really good in processing them I guess.

Blessings
Amberbreens
Wool absolute reminds of oud that carries the fermentation funk. Pungent, but I wouldn’t treat it as a substitute for animal musk.
 
Hey folks,

haven't been around for a while, sooo much work and then someone close in our family passed.

Also I tried to experiment with all the Infos that I got from here and all the oils I ordered and was really patiently waiting for stuff to macerate and for oils to develop....well.....I'm not THAT happy, but will ask that in another thread.

Coming to the inbounds:

I found something fancy which I don't even find here via the search function, had to order it as Etsy reviews were awesome:

Wool absolute

Does anyone know this? It's supposed to be a good and cruelty free substitute for animal musks. Have to wait for overseas shipping now.

And I ordered a piece of ambergris grey/white from Dan's latest batch and his ambergris oil - had these before, we're awesome, I'm just not really good in processing them I guess.

Blessings
Amberbreens
I like wool absolute, its funky like oud, but it reminds me lot of a pineapple
 
Royal Bengal Oud's oil from Phuket and also their Tripura oil.

I'm excited about the oil from Phuket, since it is said to have a plum note. I find that RBO's thai oils are stellar. I would've bought Ish's Sri Change oil but since to my nose Mai Kritsana already covers that profile, I thought I'd go with something else.
 
Royal Bengal Oud's oil from Phuket and also their Tripura oil.

I'm excited about the oil from Phuket, since it is said to have a plum note. I find that RBO's thai oils are stellar. I would've bought Ish's Sri Change oil but since to my nose Mai Kritsana already covers that profile, I thought I'd go with something else.
You're in for a treat with that Phuket oil! I got a sample of it with my order a while ago, and it's a beautiful Thai oil, and the plum note is totally there. It's almost Cambodi smelling, at least in the loose sense that identifier is thrown around. It's missing the anti-septic or hospital cleaning agent note, idk what people are calling it these days, which is a positive for me, even though I've been known to adore that note. I remember it even being a bit breezy oceanic but tinged with the unmistakable crassna character.

Appreciate the comparison for Sri Chang, I have a bottle of it, and it's a wonderful oud, though it's lighter and in the Artisanal Thai direction!

Is Ish releasing the Tripura oil via Etsy or will we have to email him directly?
 
Well, if this ain't a great way to start the week, i don't know what is?! @Habz786 and @Ahmaoud, I have found through the amazing Ouddict Exchange Facebook group a full 3g bottle of Oud Boran! It's mine baby, all mine!! MWAHAHAHAH!!
That’s a great site. The other day I found an unopened bottle of Sulaym’s ‘24 Ghaliyah, from a real website Ouddict poster. That Ghaliyah was one of my first big purchases and first great loves.
 
That’s a great site. The other day I found an unopened bottle of Sulaym’s ‘24 Ghaliyah, from a real website Ouddict poster. That Ghaliyah was one of my first big purchases and first great loves.
Congrats, what an incredible find!!
Well, if this ain't a great way to start the week, i don't know what is?! @Habz786 and @Ahmaoud, I have found through the amazing Ouddict Exchange Facebook group a full 3g bottle of Oud Boran! It's mine baby, all mine!! MWAHAHAHAH!!
This is huge Olfactory Nomad!! Get ready Queenslanders because he's back, with resinous jammy diesel like Crassna goodness, and wait it'll be the summer there soon right ... he'll be projecting and taking no prisoners hahaha :Laugh: But seriously I'm thrilled to hear this mate!
 
Inbound:

Henry Jacques - 4 nano tolas various fragrances
Areej Le Dore - Galia 3g
Karam Oud - 1/4 kilo (250 grams) Chinese CK double and triple super
AlKhudair Oud - Royal Vietnamese Oud chips (56 grams)
Lupus & Vega - Botanical Remembrance
Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless
Lupus & Vega - Sanctum Aureum
Miki Lee - upgraded latest version of heater/burner sub
Qshwa - Aged Filipino Oud oil
Qshwa - Kalamantan Tarakan Oud oil
AlMokhlif Oud - Koh Chang special Oud oil
Amiral AlTeeb - Amiral Private Oud oil
Amiral AlTeeb - Amiral Bakhoori Oud oil
 
Last edited:
Top