Glad you've giver Miki Lee a go. That wood looks really nice! You didn't stuff around and have clearly gone for the good stuff. Can I ask how much that was?
$90..I was already buying the heater plus I already have a lot of Kynam. I want to try the good stuff. So it’s a sample. But I’m gonna shave it. Burn on ceramic, burn on sub, and try on coal. See what’s the best experience.
 
I have an order coming in from EO but for the first time I'm concerned. Shows it was supposed to be delivered a week ago but tracking hasn't been updated in over a week and they're not responding to emails.

Assuming I get it, I'm waiting on a Leather Ghalia (which I really like), and Santal Sultan and Oud Extraordinaire which are both blind buys. Also ordered my first incense to try, which is Chiem Po Chai.
 
I thought he had completely disappeared!
I recently connected with Mellifluence, we have been exchanging thoughts about fragrance... a great guy who seems to share my fascination with the raw materials and extraction. Plans are in the work for some exchanges and so on! Sounds like he has some interesting projects in the works including a database / compendium of aromatic raw materials and their properties.
 
Looks like my vacuum desiccator/degasser is out for delivery! The beauty of this is it allows the final removal of alcohol from my extracts to happen quickly in any container (and at room temp). This could be in glass bottles or even silicone rubber ice cube trays for things that will dry down into a solid.

The rotary evaporator uses a special flask and some materials can't be fully concentrated in them because they will become solid and stick to the flask, requiring solvent to wash them out. Basically i stop the evaporator once it is down to a thick syrup, and then the vacuum chamber finishes the job if there's any more alcohol left at that point.
 
Vacuum desiccator / degasser has landed. Will put this to use shortly...
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
Quick vacuum check - causing marshmallows to puff up here...
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
I have an order coming in from EO but for the first time I'm concerned. Shows it was supposed to be delivered a week ago but tracking hasn't been updated in over a week and they're not responding to emails.

Assuming I get it, I'm waiting on a Leather Ghalia (which I really like), and Santal Sultan and Oud Extraordinaire which are both blind buys. Also ordered my first incense to try, which is Chiem Po Chai.
Heard from EO. I guess shipping delays are common. I must’ve gotten lucky with my first few shipments. Either way, they’re on their way which is great news!
 
Well, someone had to buy the last bottle of Al Bayt Al Ateeq II and I decided it might as well be me 😍

Today Fedex is bringing me Hiram Green's new Ultra, "whose rich and radiant character brings to life the vibrant spirit of the 1980’s." Notes: narcissus, neroli, ylang ylang, jasmine, floral nectar, leather, hay, tobacco and resins. And later this week, I'm expecting a travel size of Profumum Roma's Acqua Viva: "the most amazingly authentic lemon scent we have ever found. It is the bracing scent of the zest – intense, bright and clean and without a drop of sugar in it." Notes:
Amalfi lemon, Sicilian broom flower, cypress, cedar.
 
Well, someone had to buy the last bottle of Al Bayt Al Ateeq II and I decided it might as well be me 😍

Today Fedex is bringing me Hiram Green's new Ultra, "whose rich and radiant character brings to life the vibrant spirit of the 1980’s." Notes: narcissus, neroli, ylang ylang, jasmine, floral nectar, leather, hay, tobacco and resins. And later this week, I'm expecting a travel size of Profumum Roma's Acqua Viva: "the most amazingly authentic lemon scent we have ever found. It is the bracing scent of the zest – intense, bright and clean and without a drop of sugar in it." Notes:
Amalfi lemon, Sicilian broom flower, cypress, cedar.
love the scent of lemon zest - truly sublime when it's a good one. Very floral!
 
Top