Sandalwood chips arrived today from @AlHind Oud - this is Sumatran wild heartwood, fodder for the extractor!
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
I put a couple of these chips on the burner, they are just blowing my mind here. There is really nothing like a good rich beautiful clean dry sandalwood and the stuff has this one absolutely exquisite abstract perfectly clean and dry sandalwood facet - sophisticated and quintessentially masculine. If you isolated that note from the rest of the sandalwood context it would be just the most absurdly appealing aroma chemical or whatever the hell it is. Excellent lift and diffusion, absolutely engaging. There's absolutely nothing like sandalwood. Mind blown once again.
IMG_3398.jpeg
 
should arrive today:

-new 2L heating mantle
-caps for high recovery sample vials

The mantle will let me get back to extracting; the caps will enable me to offer samples of extracts in nice high quality bottles.
 
Just received my packaged from Nine Regions which was supposed to be a 20g log of CK. I've just opened the box to find it completely empty!!! I don't know which company Aliexpress use to ship with but this isn't the first time I've had something like this go missing. Last time it was a few different incenses which were replaced with very cheap computer parts. Not happy!
 
Just received my packaged from Nine Regions which was supposed to be a 20g log of CK. I've just opened the box to find it completely empty!!! I don't know which company Aliexpress use to ship with but this isn't the first time I've had something like this go missing. Last time it was a few different incenses which were replaced with very cheap computer parts. Not happy!
that's crazy…
 
Karam Oud - 1/4 kilo (250 grams) Triple Super Chinese Kynam
Kasra and tola - Hindi Assam Super and above oud chips (28 grams)
what are you going to do with 250 grams of kinam? you should post a picture of your collection! Must be massive.
 
what are you going to do with 250 grams of kinam? you should post a picture of your collection! Must be massive.
I’m going to burn the hell out of it and fumigate everything in site! I forgot to write inbound. I found a good deal for 1 kilo but not sure of the quality. 1/4 kilo actually isn’t that much but I’ll be sure to post. This is what two 125grams boxes look like so you get an idea.

I had sent it to the vendor to show that the quality was the same and I was not happy. Still waiting to see how they’ll make me a happy customer. They’re usually reliable. But they look identical even though they’re different grades.

I enjoy kynam’s scent and longevity. And the fact that it’s natural.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    Double 1:8.webp
    165.7 KB · Views: 75
Top