So not even in perfumes? Wow man, that's cool.
Brace yourself lol

Correct! I don’t wear any perfumes. The only scent I usually have is from soap/shampoo. Although, I did buy some resin incense, as well, and I made a beard balm last night with Pinyon Pine, White Copal, Dark Copal, some Long Jing green tea, jojoba oil, sesame seed oil, and some beeswax. That was the first time I’ve ever made anything like this, either. I’m pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I have no idea why this itch began, but I have this insatiable desire to smell everything, suddenly!
 
Correct! I don’t wear any perfumes. The only scent I usually have is from soap/shampoo. Although, I did buy some resin incense, as well, and I made a beard balm last night with Pinyon Pine, White Copal, Dark Copal, some Long Jing green tea, jojoba oil, sesame seed oil, and some beeswax. That was the first time I’ve ever made anything like this, either. I’m pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I have no idea why this itch began, but I have this insatiable desire to smell everything, suddenly!
You had me a Long Jing tea lol. I travelled to China last year and fell head over heels in love with Long Jing.

How amazing. You have literally skipped every step and gone straight to the top, impressive!!
 
You had me a Long Jing tea lol. I travelled to China last year and fell head over heels in love with Long Jing.

How amazing. You have literally skipped every step and gone straight to the top, impressive!!



Or foolish! Time will tell, I suppose. Although, it does feel like this is an incredible community. Super happy to have stumbled upon this place, even though it’s taking its toll on my wallet!
 
After waiting an eternity, my order from Habzoud is out for delivery 😁😍😎
Whoo hoo! My Sinking Sri Lankan wood arrived just this morning as well from Habzoud. @Habz786 brother! Thank you for the beautiful deep resinous chips. And the gift of some of the biggest Royal Green Hojari tears I have ever seen! I am honoured mate. 💚🙏
1000013698.jpg
1000013696.jpg
 
The only expectation I have, so far, is to be surprised. I literally have zero known exposure to oud, so when I say this is all new, I mean it. But that’s why I think it’ll be fun! I have no clue what to expect.
I can’t wait to hear your impressions as you go. It’s really exciting to see someone else go into this unprimed. It’s a real gift to us to get to come along with you on your oud journey.
 
I can’t wait to hear your impressions as you go. It’s really exciting to see someone else go into this unprimed. It’s a real gift to us to get to come along with you on your oud journey.

I’m looking forward to it and I’ll share as much as I can. I don’t know how refined my nose is or my ability to articulate any of it, anyways, but I’ll try my best! @Habz786 has already posted the order and the chips I ordered from him a few days ago, somehow, are already in my state. I’ll be sure to share my experiences when it happens. I’m thinking about turning on an audio recorder and just thinking aloud when it gets here and then using that sound file to come back and articulate my comments. We shall see.

For those of you with plenty of experience with oud - can you give me your words of advice? If you were in my shoes, knowing what you know now, what would you tell that version of you from the past who was just starting out?
 
I’m looking forward to it and I’ll share as much as I can. I don’t know how refined my nose is or my ability to articulate any of it, anyways, but I’ll try my best! @Habz786 has already posted the order and the chips I ordered from him a few days ago, somehow, are already in my state. I’ll be sure to share my experiences when it happens. I’m thinking about turning on an audio recorder and just thinking aloud when it gets here and then using that sound file to come back and articulate my comments. We shall see.

For those of you with plenty of experience with oud - can you give me your words of advice? If you were in my shoes, knowing what you know now, what would you tell that version of you from the past who was just starting out?
As a fellow newbie: I record all my first impressions even tho I don't post them. The first time you smell anything is the most special imo, you will never ever get that back. You have no choice but to understand it better with each wearing and to gain more knowledge over time. The ignorance of that first time by someone not equipped with the typical language to describe it is actually super cool. We might be totally wrong note-wise but it's the scent experience itself that counts. Also cool looking back to see how our perspectives change over time about things.
 
As a fellow newbie: I record all my first impressions even tho I don't post them. The first time you smell anything is the most special imo, you will never ever get that back. You have no choice but to understand it better with each wearing and to gain more knowledge over time. The ignorance of that first time by someone not equipped with the typical language to describe it is actually super cool. We might be totally wrong note-wise but it's the scent experience itself that counts. Also cool looking back to see how our perspectives change over time about things.

We share very similar perspectives!
 
I’m looking forward to it and I’ll share as much as I can. I don’t know how refined my nose is or my ability to articulate any of it, anyways, but I’ll try my best! @Habz786 has already posted the order and the chips I ordered from him a few days ago, somehow, are already in my state. I’ll be sure to share my experiences when it happens. I’m thinking about turning on an audio recorder and just thinking aloud when it gets here and then using that sound file to come back and articulate my comments. We shall see.

For those of you with plenty of experience with oud - can you give me your words of advice? If you were in my shoes, knowing what you know now, what would you tell that version of you from the past who was just starting out?
I take notes on my phone. Just single words or images for now. Stuff like, ripe fruit, sawdust, sweet, woody, piercing.

I feel my descriptions will get better over time with more experience.
 
Just placed an order for some sinking Sri Lankan and 3g of sandal uno from @Habz786 which I can’t wait to arrive!
I only have a few of Oud chips one of them being oudique’s daily Sri Lankan so it’ll be great to compare the more premium one to the daily burner, also my first time trying sandalwood (apart from the nippon kodo incense I have but that’s oil dipped) so it’ll be great to see what it’s all about.
 
Just placed an order for some sinking Sri Lankan and 3g of sandal uno from @Habz786 which I can’t wait to arrive!
I only have a few of Oud chips one of them being oudique’s daily Sri Lankan so it’ll be great to compare the more premium one to the daily burner, also my first time trying sandalwood (apart from the nippon kodo incense I have but that’s oil dipped) so it’ll be great to see what it’s all about.
Sandal Uno is fantastic. Good choice.
 
My first sub is supposed to be delivered today! I’m still waiting on some stuff to burn on it, but @OmbréAroma hooked it up with a couple of gifts inside of the package so this new guy wouldn’t have to stare at a new burner with no wood to enjoy! Solid experience all the way around buying a sub from @OmbréAroma and I can’t wait for it to get here and hot! I can neither confirm nor deny plans to sit by the windowsill all morning, observing the mailbox.
 
Top