Acquisitions in Riyadh this evening.

The much-vaunted Turathiya Selective oil from Sokkat At-Teeb and some nice, chunky silani chips from Yashboob Oud’s stall in Ad-Diriyah, where they had no less than 5 burners going at once.
[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!

[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
Awaiting SOLIDVS from @mesOUD - another learning opportunity. I busted out Sila today to celebrate - that oil really resonates with me, I can understand why some folks go bananas for agallocha.
 
just got a fancy box in the mail..... dark patchouli, S Indian vetiver, Oman franki, and my first aetoxylon oil.

the aetoxylon (crocodile agarwood) is way less explosive than what you'd think from something commanding the name "agarwood" but it definitely has a clean leather profile that is subtle, and very nice.

the vetiver is typical of what you'd expect from India and I will be doing good things with it...

the frankincense is actually outstanding and I need to get more than a 1g sample. almost smokey and incensey in the opening, but very clean when dry.

finally PA30 dark patchouli. what else can I say other than im getting ready to buy a very large bottle to age in amber glass! it reminds me alot of my all time favorite Dark Indo patchouli that I macerated some musk in a while back... it has a little bit of a green face, so its not entirely brown like the artisan stuff, but close. and that little bit of green adds some sparkle to the dry down which is kinda nice. its also not outrageously priced which is pretty rad 😉
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
    20260119_174149.webp
    46 KB · Views: 49
just got a fancy box in the mail..... dark patchouli, S Indian vetiver, Oman franki, and my first aetoxylon oil.

the aetoxylon (crocodile agarwood) is way less explosive than what you'd think from something commanding the name "agarwood" but it definitely has a clean leather profile that is subtle, and very nice.

the vetiver is typical of what you'd expect from India and I will be doing good things with it...

the frankincense is actually outstanding and I need to get more than a 1g sample. almost smokey and incensey in the opening, but very clean when dry.

finally PA30 dark patchouli. what else can I say other than im getting ready to buy a very large bottle to age in amber glass! it reminds me alot of my all time favorite Dark Indo patchouli that I macerated some musk in a while back... it has a little bit of a green face, so its not entirely brown like the artisan stuff, but close. and that little bit of green adds some sparkle to the dry down which is kinda nice. its also not outrageously priced which is pretty rad 😉
is that the frankincense resinoid volcaine? love that oil! And that patchouli is a nice full bodied one for sure - from Aceh I believe...
 
just got a fancy box in the mail..... dark patchouli, S Indian vetiver, Oman franki, and my first aetoxylon oil.

the aetoxylon (crocodile agarwood) is way less explosive than what you'd think from something commanding the name "agarwood" but it definitely has a clean leather profile that is subtle, and very nice.

the vetiver is typical of what you'd expect from India and I will be doing good things with it...

the frankincense is actually outstanding and I need to get more than a 1g sample. almost smokey and incensey in the opening, but very clean when dry.

finally PA30 dark patchouli. what else can I say other than im getting ready to buy a very large bottle to age in amber glass! it reminds me alot of my all time favorite Dark Indo patchouli that I macerated some musk in a while back... it has a little bit of a green face, so its not entirely brown like the artisan stuff, but close. and that little bit of green adds some sparkle to the dry down which is kinda nice. its also not outrageously priced which is pretty rad 😉
Interesting regarding the Crocodile agarwood. A local vendor here , namely - Sokkat AlTeeb has crocodile wood on display in one of their branches here to show what fake agarwood looks like. Its interesting that you would "want" this. Is there something I'm missing? is it good stuff?
 
Top