just landed - 1 g each of the oud lab - Hindy 90s and Purple Haze. Wowza sniffing the vials these are really something else. Just off the rip - H90s is quintessential aged hindi, laden with soft sweet barn, sun aged leather, lacquer, antique wood, dried berries... then, insane juicy powdery peach appears, so perfumey, breathing an unbelievable life into the base, almost mouthwatering acidity, I cannot wait to discover this oil further but it is already the best hindi I've gotten my nose on. amazing @The Oud Lab

Purple haze - lacquery oudy musky narcotic purple florals dancing with kinamic facets... cool sea spray and tiny bit of roses.. agar aura purbakala is the closest oud I've smelled to this. I dont know what kind of sorcery was used here but the purple scent idea it brings to the mind... ive always struggled with purple scents but this is unmistakeable, I can see why this was a personal creation, beautiful
Purple Haze does have one merauke oil of a very high grade amongst the symphony of oud oils added to achieve that vision.

A fine nose you got there 👌🏼

Enjoy
 
just landed - 1 g each of the oud lab - Hindy 90s and Purple Haze. Wowza sniffing the vials these are really something else. Just off the rip - H90s is quintessential aged hindi, laden with soft sweet barn, sun aged leather, lacquer, antique wood, dried berries... then, insane juicy powdery peach appears, so perfumey, breathing an unbelievable life into the base, almost mouthwatering acidity, I cannot wait to discover this oil further but it is already the best hindi I've gotten my nose on. amazing @The Oud Lab

Purple haze - lacquery oudy musky narcotic purple florals dancing with kinamic facets... cool sea spray and tiny bit of roses.. agar aura purbakala is the closest oud I've smelled to this. I dont know what kind of sorcery was used here but the purple scent idea it brings to the mind... ive always struggled with purple scents but this is unmistakeable, I can see why this was a personal creation, beautiful
Hindy 90s is easily a top 3 Hindy for me. Such a unique, beautiful and elegant profile. The Oud Lab has many special oils
 
A couple of 1g oils from Yusa arrived today. These smell great in the bottle. The karimantan smells like pine smoke, the Malay 97 is sweeter smelling with just a hint of smoke in the bottle. Can't wait to try these.

[Ouddict.com] The Anticipation Thread - Share Your 'inbound's!
 
A couple of 1g oils from Yusa arrived today. These smell great in the bottle. The karimantan smells like pine smoke, the Malay 97 is sweeter smelling with just a hint of smoke in the bottle. Can't wait to try these.

View attachment 54247
I like those bottles!
 
They are here! 1 gram Ephemeral Oud, and the sample pack. I am going to let them sit and rest for the weekend before I officially wear out anything but I did take a sneak smell at all of them and I tell you, I am in love with Brotherhood Oud and Ephemeral Oud. They are all so amazing and I can’t wait to take em for a spin!
IMG_1264.webpIMG_1265.webp
Shoot, forgot to say that it is by Lupus & Vega. Thank you so much @Joe for these amazing fragrances and I am just so beyond excited. You are an absolutely wonderful vendor and I loved all of our little interactions. And also a brilliant artistic mind. Thank you.
 
I ordered some Bulgarian rose absolute and lavender absolute. Rose of course is a classic to pair with oud. Lavender I think is also nice because to pair with oud because they are native to the same region. While the origin of the lavender I ordered is France I believe it grew wild in Asia before it was introduced to Europe. Not to mention I just discovered that there is coumarin in lavender. Six years of perfume and only now did I notice coumarin on the gcms. I had always wondered how tonka bean could be so common in fragrances considered “oriental”. Now I understand the connection.
 
I recently received a set of samples from @AlHind Oud - oud, sandalwood, rose, khus, and an unnamed attar. I've taken brief whiffs of all of them, they smell intriguing, pure, natural… excited to have some time to study them over the next couple of days.
 
Top