I loved Iris Chypre. Very good stuff!Iris Chypre by Elixir Attar. Bright and punchy iris that sings for hours.
Most true traditional Hindi will stay that raw slurry for hours, skanky and slow transition.Trying a sample of Amouage Oud Ulya attar today and it’s the tiniest bit fecal in the opening but nicely rich juice in color and density. It doesn’t have much complexity and quickly goes a bit too thin & vanilla for me. Any Hindi style oud recommendations? I don’t mind a dirty oud as long as it doesn’t stay raw slurry for hours. Thank you 😊
I have several of Agar Aura’s CPO and really enjoy his style. I haven’t tried KtB, and will have to find both KtB and Manly. Thank you 😊^ ^ i’m not well versed in hindi oud so can’t recommend much but I get a real nice hindi oud in Manly by ALD. Lots of 10ml out there for sale or swap in case you don’t like it. But careful on resale prices of ALD, it was originally $80 so use your own judgement.
Tonight for me is Kyara to Byakuden by Agar Aura. Mysore sandalwood + wild Vietnamese oud + Taha’s magic secrets. The result is a small bottle of oil that seems to disappear right in front of my eyes because I can’t not put 3 huge swipes on to fumigate my whole house and possibly my neighbors every time I look at it. I wish the earth’s atmosphere was just vaporized Kyara to Byakuden and olfactory fatigue was fake news. It’s so good.
I don’t have a lot of experience yet with Hindi oils on their own but more that style in attars, and CPO’s. I like the sound of dirty musks and lots of transitions, that is my favorite experience with oud or perfumes in general. The long soak/hours of slurry doesn’t appeal to me (yet 😅) but I enjoy a taste of it in opening or wafting in and out among other rich resinous and woody tones. Thank you 😊Most true traditional Hindi will stay that raw slurry for hours, skanky and slow transition.
If you are open to new gen Hindi oils(no soak) you will find a lot of options without the skank and lot of transitions.
If you could tell us a few Hindi ouds that you have enjoyed, it will help us recommend.
Also, I have an adventurous nature and like to challenge my nose so maybe not ‘beginner’ hindi’s that are smothered in vanilla but more intermediate level hindi ouds, if that makes sense. I also really enjoy dark or raw leathery notes, and peppery or green notes but not too much wintergreen minty. 😊I don’t have a lot of experience yet with Hindi oils on their own but more that style in attars, and CPO’s. I like the sound of dirty musks and lots of transitions, that is my favorite experience with oud or perfumes in general. The long soak/hours of slurry doesn’t appeal to me (yet 😅) but I enjoy a taste of it in opening or wafting in and out among other rich resinous and woody tones. Thank you 😊
No Hindi in KtB just fyi. Have you tried anything from Ensar or ALD? I would highly recommend Sultan Leather Attar from Ensar. It’s the king of leather compositions if ya ask me. Amazing, raw and rugged yet refined and many facets to it. Not sure if theres hindi oud in it but it definitely fits the description of what youre looking for I think. It’s incredible.I have several of Agar Aura’s CPO and really enjoy his style. I haven’t tried KtB, and will have to find both KtB and Manly. Thank you 😊
I have a few from @RisingPhoenix that blow me away and are by far my favorites. Talk to JK there!Trying a sample of Amouage Oud Ulya attar today and it’s the tiniest bit fecal in the opening but nicely rich juice in color and density. It doesn’t have much complexity and quickly goes a bit too thin & vanilla for me. Any Hindi style oud recommendations? I don’t mind a dirty oud as long as it doesn’t stay raw slurry for hours. Thank you 😊
I haven’t tried Ensar yet but I really like ALD blends a lot. I’ll look for Sultan Leather it sounds like one I’d really enjoy. Thank you!No Hindi in KtB just fyi. Have you tried anything from Ensar or ALD? I would highly recommend Sultan Leather Attar from Ensar. It’s the king of leather compositions if ya ask me. Amazing, raw and rugged yet refined and many facets to it. Not sure if theres hindi oud in it but it definitely fits the description of what youre looking for I think. It’s incredible.
I like Rising Phoenix’s style, so that a great idea. I’ll reach out to him, thanks!I have a few from @RisingPhoenix that blow me away and are by far my favorites. Talk to JK there!
It’s in my top 5 all time perfumes and attars. I haven’t tried the current iteration but have been told it’s just as good and almost identical to the previous ones. I stand by it 100% if you like darker or leather compositions. If you dont like it i’ll buy it from you lol. But i’d love to hear your thoughts on it.I haven’t tried Ensar yet but I really like ALD blends a lot. I’ll look for Sultan Leather it sounds like one I’d really enjoy. Thank you!
Chocolaty to me.ASO Alghaliya II
I have the original formula, thats the best and almost impossible to find. I have the Manipur edition that I will let go. I tried the Ghaliya and I did not think it was close the the original. The Royale, the last release was the closest to the first edition I felt.It’s in my top 5 all time perfumes and attars. I haven’t tried the current iteration but have been told it’s just as good and almost identical to the previous ones. I stand by it 100% if you like darker or leather compositions. If you dont like it i’ll buy it from you lol. But i’d love to hear your thoughts on it.
I have the Manipur on right now. It did grow on me but it’s definitely missing the magic of the original. I have about a gram of the original left. The SLG was supposedly the attar version of Royale spray but never got my nose on the Royale. The SLG (sultan leather ghalia) is one of my favorites but I didn’t quite see the correlation between that and SLA. They were very different from each other. I heard the new iteration is awesome and similar to the OG but haven’t tried it yet.I have the original formula, thats the best and almost impossible to find. I have the Manipur edition that I will let go. I tried the Ghaliya and I did not think it was close the the original. The Royale, the last release was the closest to the first edition I felt.
it does have chocolate yeaChocolaty to me.