A swipe of fresh Nagarmotha straight from the still. Smells like ambery, smoky hay and tree bark. Pics attached of the raw and spent material, plus an unwelcome guest...
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_20240109_141627.webp
    290.2 KB · Views: 128
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_20240109_141658.webp
    243.2 KB · Views: 97
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_20240109_134750.webp
    212.1 KB · Views: 90
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_20240109_141834.webp
    441.6 KB · Views: 93
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_20240109_142344.webp
    178.9 KB · Views: 118
mesOud - Toros - been waiting for this, and when it arrived yesterday I immediately took a swipe! Cedar Libani, Frankincense, Myrrh, and Anatolian Herbs, what's not to like in this list? A sweet piney aroma done to perfection. True cedar has a sweet resinous quality, couple with an unmistakable sparkling, pine-y airiness. Toros adds to both, with the frankincense bringing in its slightly lemony aroma along with its characteristic sparkling touch, and the myrrh aiding the resinous feel, while bringing in additional sweetness. What results is what feels like a true cedar on steroids! Being a proper co-distillation everything meshes seamlessly together, great top notes, and impressive longevity! Gonna try wearing this with one of my citrus-y Hindis, I think it'll be incredible!

Sulaym - HM Sambac Elysium - it's no secret that Jasmine Sambac is my favorite Jasmine, ever since my dad got me a bottle of Alrehab's Full when I was little, I've never looked back. Sambac Elysium takes this gorgeous floral, and much in the way Toros uses true Cedar, adds to it with Frankincense and Saffron. The outcome is nothing short of breathtaking, white florals laced with the citrus-y nose tingling Frankincense on a bed of sweet Saffron, but the Jasmine is always the main attraction. Wearing this you'll be surrounded by a gorgeous scent trail, quite tenacious and loud. While I enjoy wearing it, it's even more enjoyable to sniff, something in this Jasmine, and White Florals in general, immediately quiet my mind, helping me refocus. That additional mint-y/camphorous feel lends itself so well atop the Jasmine, I just wish more blends knew how complementary these notes were!
 
Own private blend:

Cambodian oud, White Ambergris, Civet, Deer Musk, Jasmine-sambac absolute, bergamot,

the beauty of a fruity oud combined with the fruitiness of a jasmine, complimented and stretched with a fine and refreshing bergamot edge, the ambergris takes this blend to a dimension where the Deer musk and Civet become a velvet bubble that project the flowery and fruity notes, elegance meets simplicity in a beautiful way just to become more complex, a blend that sleeps on a bed of musk grains and has plans to get drunk on deer musk so that it will never get sober again.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1357.webp
    154.7 KB · Views: 105
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1359.webp
    185.1 KB · Views: 83
The last couple of days I've really been enjoying my pseduo-mukhallat, a fat swipe of EO Naga Kubra and a couple of dots of Sulaym's Sambac Elysium. Sambac Elysium dominates the scent profile for the first little while but oddly enough gives a harsher feel to Naga Kubra, which is welcome, as the jasmine can be a bit too sweet otherwise. In the mid stage, Naga Kubra feels distinctly more leathery woody than it doesn't by itself, while Sambac Elysium presents its namesake note in full glory, with the occasional addition of what feels like the scent of freshly ironed clothes, or jasmine scented laundry hanging to dry on a bright sunny day. The early to late dry down is simply jasmine scented incense, Naga Kubra has more lift now, whereas Sambac Elysium feels heavier, and the next day, goodness ... I'm not sure how to describe that scent. It won't win any awards but ticks all the boxes for me. Highly recommend trying out some jasmine heavy attars swiped alongside Hindi ouds!
 
In true Melbourne fashion it was a very hot sunny 36 degrees Celsius yesterday & today a grey overcast, drizzling 21. I reached for a composition I usually reserve for cool weather ASO’s rare masterpiece ‘Teeb II’.
When I first received a sample of this several years ago I was completely blown away, I ended up only buying 1 gram as it was quite expensive but very much worth it.
Teeb II is the only perfume paste in my collection, I very much enjoy the format. Extremely sticky but once the paste warms on your skin it’s easy to distribute, my favourite place to wear it is on the beard.

Inspired by an ancient Arabic formula Teeb II is a classical Rosy, Musky, dark Oudy composition with a beautiful resinous, leathery ambery sweetness. The freshness of Taif Rose, salty leathery Ambergris, the fruity powdery furry Musk, resinous antique incensey Ouds & a Labdanum / Vanilla finish. A small swipe lasts 12+ hours with a great projection. A royal aroma.
 
In true Melbourne fashion it was a very hot sunny 36 degrees Celsius yesterday & today a grey overcast, drizzling 21. I reached for a composition I usually reserve for cool weather ASO’s rare masterpiece ‘Teeb II’.
When I first received a sample of this several years ago I was completely blown away, I ended up only buying 1 gram as it was quite expensive but very much worth it.
Teeb II is the only perfume paste in my collection, I very much enjoy the format. Extremely sticky but once the paste warms on your skin it’s easy to distribute, my favourite place to wear it is on the beard.

Inspired by an ancient Arabic formula Teeb II is a classical Rosy, Musky, dark Oudy composition with a beautiful resinous, leathery ambery sweetness. The freshness of Taif Rose, salty leathery Ambergris, the fruity powdery furry Musk, resinous antique incensey Ouds & a Labdanum / Vanilla finish. A small swipe lasts 12+ hours with a great projection. A royal aroma.
that is a massive temperature drop. We had a scorcher 40+ C today. I don't personally mind the hot weather, i actually enjoy it. I remember wearing Teeb in Makkah when it was 40 C days, I had so many people stop me to ask me about my scent. You must be the most fragrant person in the whole of Melbourne today.
 
that is a massive temperature drop. We had a scorcher 40+ C today. I don't personally mind the hot weather, i actually enjoy it. I remember wearing Teeb in Makkah when it was 40 C days, I had so many people stop me to ask me about my scent. You must be the most fragrant person in the whole of Melbourne today.
I enjoy the summer also, the heat & light reinforces positive thoughts. It’s far more enjoyable being outside & enjoying nature when it’s not raining. 40 degrees is definitely getting up there.
Teeb is very lovely, it brings me a lot of joy. Makkah would be the perfect place to wear it. I’m sure you made the people happy by experiencing something so traditionally significant.
 
that is a massive temperature drop. We had a scorcher 40+ C today. I don't personally mind the hot weather, i actually enjoy it. I remember wearing Teeb in Makkah when it was 40 C days, I had so many people stop me to ask me about my scent. You must be the most fragrant person in the whole of Melbourne today.
Do you have any more?
 
The best Attars i have tried have been from @Al Shareef Oudh. Saqr 1 & 2 will always have a special place for me, i remember brother Hisham recommending Saqr some years ago which lead me to buy my first bottle. At one stage i had 4 bottles, such an amazing blend, Saqr 2 was just as good, raw yet refined. Jumana is beautiful like beauty and the beast, the jasmine beauty the Oud the beast. Layl is a powerhouse and reminds me of he aroma of Henna, Samarqand is just amazing, its how i imagine the elders from royality smelt years ago. Al Bayt Ateeq is on another level, the smell of heaven on earth. My favorite Ouds are also from AlshareefOud, if theres one oil i regret selling its Qandahar 2. The best Hindi oil to date, Qais, Ridwan, Ameen, Hind, Fajr the list goes on.

I consider Alshareefoud as being the most senior and highly regarded person on this forum when it comes to Oud. The oils, knowledge and passion is something i look up to. I would recommend everyone to atleast sample his offerings as its a must for every Oud head.
 
The best Attars i have tried have been from @Al Shareef Oudh. Saqr 1 & 2 will always have a special place for me, i remember brother Hisham recommending Saqr some years ago which lead me to buy my first bottle. At one stage i had 4 bottles, such an amazing blend, Saqr 2 was just as good, raw yet refined. Jumana is beautiful like beauty and the beast, the jasmine beauty the Oud the beast. Layl is a powerhouse and reminds me of he aroma of Henna, Samarqand is just amazing, its how i imagine the elders from royality smelt years ago. Al Bayt Ateeq is on another level, the smell of heaven on earth. My favorite Ouds are also from AlshareefOud, if theres one oil i regret selling its Qandahar 2. The best Hindi oil to date, Qais, Ridwan, Ameen, Hind, Fajr the list goes on.

I consider Alshareefoud as being the most senior and highly regarded person on this forum when it comes to Oud. The oils, knowledge and passion is something i look up to. I would recommend everyone to atleast sample his offerings as its a must for every Oud head.
Well said Habz I completely agree with your sentiments. ASO’s Oud oils have a Royal signature, they are an epic experience. He does magical things with Hindi & Malaysian woods. Plus his skill as a perfumer is second to none, the blends speak to me like no other.
 
MAM Oud Assam while I’m at work today.

Maison Anthony Marmin was my first foray into ouds and attars of various botanicals and wood distillates. His wares have been on heavy rotation for me over the past several months, and I’ve been keeping a log of how much I’ve enjoyed each one.

Although my budget has only been able to afford sample sized vials of these lovely aromatics, I’ve been taking meticulous notes throughout the days I’ve been wearing them. I’m hoping his quality has proven a good jumping-off point into the rest of the universe of ouds and adjacent perfumery. I’m eagerly awaiting my order from Rising Phoenix, but have several other appetizers on the way.

Sorry to the folks who stalk eBay for antique rarities, you have a new competitor on the scene to scoop up pretty oils! 😀
 
The best Attars i have tried have been from @Al Shareef Oudh. Saqr 1 & 2 will always have a special place for me, i remember brother Hisham recommending Saqr some years ago which lead me to buy my first bottle. At one stage i had 4 bottles, such an amazing blend, Saqr 2 was just as good, raw yet refined. Jumana is beautiful like beauty and the beast, the jasmine beauty the Oud the beast. Layl is a powerhouse and reminds me of he aroma of Henna, Samarqand is just amazing, its how i imagine the elders from royality smelt years ago. Al Bayt Ateeq is on another level, the smell of heaven on earth. My favorite Ouds are also from AlshareefOud, if theres one oil i regret selling its Qandahar 2. The best Hindi oil to date, Qais, Ridwan, Ameen, Hind, Fajr the list goes on.

I consider Alshareefoud as being the most senior and highly regarded person on this forum when it comes to Oud. The oils, knowledge and passion is something i look up to. I would recommend everyone to atleast sample his offerings as its a must for every Oud head.
I am humbled by your gracious words brother. You bring back a lot of good memories by your mention of the gems Saqr, Ridhwan, Qais, Al Bayt Al Ateeq and the other gems.

Habz has an amazing nose and a even better character, an amazing brother, Allah bless you and your family.
 
Back
Top