Siberian Musk in a blend of Indonesian and mysore sandalwood oil, I find that this Indonesian sandalwood oil has some musky notes on its own, the Musk blends very well with its scent while the mysore adds its creaminess and a soft drydown! I love this one
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1391.webp
    134 KB · Views: 104
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1391.webp
    134 KB · Views: 92
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1382.webp
    325.3 KB · Views: 101
Siberian Musk in a blend of Indonesian and mysore sandalwood oil, I find that this Indonesian sandalwood oil has some musky notes on its own, the Musk blends very well with its scent while the mysore adds its creaminess and a soft drydown! I love this one
Did you make this yourself or is it from a perfumer? I'm discovering the beauty of this combination myself and it's really something else. I'm actually prefering it over oud at the moment. I've been using a blend from Sultan Fragrances in Australia. The animalic tone of this musk is outstanding and the projection last pretty much all day. I have to be careful not to get to used to it and wear it all the time lol. I'd love to get a collection going of musk and mysore.
 
Did you make this yourself or is it from a perfumer? I'm discovering the beauty of this combination myself and it's really something else. I'm actually prefering it over oud at the moment. I've been using a blend from Sultan Fragrances in Australia. The animalic tone of this musk is outstanding and the projection last pretty much all day. I have to be careful not to get to used to it and wear it all the time lol. I'd love to get a collection going of musk and mysore.
This is a maceration that I made myself I left it to macerate in Indonesian sandalwood and after a while added some mysore, I noticed the musk scent was very strong, that is good, but the Indonesian sandalwood has some musky/spicy notes that interacts with the musk itself, till a degree that I can’t know what is what, so that’s why I added some Mysore sandalwood, to enrich it with creaminess and less spice or herbal notes, right now I prefer this also over some ouds, a musk macerating is my standard signature, I like the way it differs from other scents or perfumes, and als when I walk into a store or some crowded place, I see the people go crazy and looking and sniffing where this scent is coming from, I had this yesterday in a bus,🤣🤣
 
This is a maceration that I made myself I left it to macerate in Indonesian sandalwood and after a while added some mysore, I noticed the musk scent was very strong, that is good, but the Indonesian sandalwood has some musky/spicy notes that interacts with the musk itself, till a degree that I can’t know what is what, so that’s why I added some Mysore sandalwood, to enrich it with creaminess and less spice or herbal notes, right now I prefer this also over some ouds, a musk macerating is my standard signature, I like the way it differs from other scents or perfumes, and als when I walk into a store or some crowded place, I see the people go crazy and looking and sniffing where this scent is coming from, I had this yesterday in a bus,🤣🤣
Nice work. 💚
 
Tabeer Oud's Kachin Ultima, layered with ASO Ward Al-Ta’ifi, plus a spray of Pierre Black's Ame (frangipani/ambergris). Swipe of ASO Mysore on the wrist.

Delicious; the traditionally distilled Burmese oil caramelizes the frangipani fruits, and the rose dries down into a powdery incense cloud, creating a smooth transition between ingredients. The ambergris and sandalwood add a touch of finesse.
 
Traditional ouds pair with floral stuff so nicely. I have this wooden box that I used to keep a bunch of ASO samples in many in the traditional style. At this point the aroam soaked into the box almost smells like musk grains and i wonder if this kind of oud can literally have a musk-like role in fragrance…
 
I wonder if this kind of oud can literally have a musk-like role in fragrance…
I think it can, I have one Assam Classique from Craftoud which has an almost civet-like carnal sweetness to it, with very little heat. It works like a musky attar by itself or with some rose.

The Burmese oil I am wearing is more mineral than animalic though, so I used the ASO sandalwood for that reason because it has a sensual animalic element. I think that's one reason why ASO's musk/sandalwood maceration is so good, it's hard to tell where the musk ends and sandalwood begins.
 
I got a bottle of the ruh mogra from An Najwa (this is such a nice sambac oil… can’t get over it). I don’t really know how to describe it, but it emphasizes some, particularly tropical, oceanic, deeply floral notes that really define what I’m looking for in sambac oil. I don’t know what I mean by oceanic. Maybe it just reminds me of sunblock, which often has a sambac element to the fragrance. I feel like this would go so well with a good quality ambergris.
I’m actually going to ask for another bottle - wish I had just splurged for two the first time.

I also got some of the mongra saffron… I could smell this before opening the package. I I haven’t sampled saffron widely, but this just smells amazing to me. I’m going to make some kind of an extraction - I think I will do some as a tincture for alcohol-based perfumes, and the rest into Sandalwood. Probably would smell fantastic macerated in Rose, oud, jasmine oil…
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
A fat sample vial swipe of Sulaym's Wild Bengal, a couple of dots of Sulaym's Bandarban, and swipe of HabzOud's
Nangarhar Rose, a gorgeous combination!

Edit: The following day's dry down of Habz's rose oil is delicately sweet, crystalline, rose minus the red, with an almost musky touch to it!
 
Last edited:
This is a super brief first impression here… Applied a swipe of Kishmir from an najwa, hey sample that came along with the recent order of saffron and his killer mogra oil…

I smell Jasmine, Musk, osmanthus in the opening. They are in a balance that slightly favors the suave fruitiness of the osmanthus. I almost never wear mukhallats but this is one I could see myself dabbing because it presents clearly some of my favorite aromas and smells nice and natural.

I’ll report back on transformation over time and longevity at some future point. I’m truly shocked by the consistent high quality of his oils and attars. He did not pay me to say this I don’t have any personal connection. It’s just super obvious if you start examining things that he has to offer.
 
This is a super brief first impression here… Applied a swipe of Kishmir from an najwa, hey sample that came along with the recent order of saffron and his killer mogra oil…

I smell Jasmine, Musk, osmanthus in the opening. They are in a balance that slightly favors the suave fruitiness of the osmanthus. I almost never wear mukhallats but this is one I could see myself dabbing because it presents clearly some of my favorite aromas and smells nice and natural.

I’ll report back on transformation over time and longevity at some future point. I’m truly shocked by the consistent high quality of his oils and attars. He did not pay me to say this I don’t have any personal connection. It’s just super obvious if you start examining things that he has to offer.
Sir you gotta give us your top 5 Attars of all time
 
Sir you gotta give us your top 5 Attars of all time
Obviously, it’s an honor that someone would value my opinion, so thank you. I am just cutting my teeth in the world of mukhallats and blended attars - i’ve really focused on the individual parts and not the blends over the years.

I’ve been smelling some really nice stuff of late… what’s really sticking with me at the moment is the ghalia from an najwa. Beautiful stuff and quite powerful in a subtle way that i find fascinating!
 
I applied a swipe of nangarhar rose oil (sample from wardlab) to the back of my hand and promptly became distracted by some things that I had to take care of. I’m just sitting down here, organizing some bottles and such, and I’m sort of absent mindedly sniffing the rose oil, not really mindful of it, but kind of processing it on an almost-conscious level.

At some point, I kind of snapped to like waking up out of a daydream, and started paying attention to what I was smelling. The delicious ruse. I had kind of settled into my skin, and I kept getting these wafts of ambergris… which had me scratching my head and wondering “what the heck did I just put on again? Why am I smelling ambergris / Rose mukhallat?”

Then I remembered, I had been demonstrating raw materials to people in the shop in town here and one woman was interested in the ambergris tincture, and had given her a little tester trip with some and applied a few drops to the back of my hand. The rose oil somehow brought the ambergris back to the surface 20 hours later. That stuff really hangs on tight… so interesting that it can be made perceptible again by the addition of something with an extremely strong smell, in this case straight rose otto.
 
Today I'm wearing my very first blend of my own ... prepared with various ouds (mostly Burmese, Hindi, Thai, sourced from vendors on this forum), plus a touch of rose oil, some deer musk + sandalwood (again, Ouddict vendors), plus a wisp of beeswax absolute and saffron absolute, both diluted in DPG.

I must say, this was a completely unscientific blend that I decided to put together after enjoying the scent of swiping and layering various materials on my arms. I didn't even measure, just used pipettes and blended amounts that "felt" right. Overall it's probably something like 80% oud, 15% deer musk, 5% rose/beeswax/saffron.

Certainly not a professional work, but it smells lovely and just by thinking about this and blending these materials together I feel I learned quite a bit.
 
Sounds very nice!
 
Back
Top