Wearing Aurum d'Angkhor for the first time today. It's quite a wonderful scent!
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
I am trying to understand "Birch tar oil rectified" from perfume supply house. I'm familiar with the smell of burning birch and the scent of birch tar, but this stuff smells more like straight up creosote and woodsmoke. The intense smoky aspect makes the birch note hard to detect. I'll have to try diluting this down to a fraction of a percent see how it comes across then.

This material seems like it would be useful for adding a literal smoke note to an oud-tobacco mukh.
I have heard that mixing equal parts rectified cade oil and rectified birch tar oil at 2% of total composition (1% each ingredient) presents a good, meaty wood smoke rather than the creosote you're smelling now
 
My own Frankenstein creation: jasmine enfleurage, Agallocha CO2, rose/musk, Mitti attar mix. I got some lackluster Mitti samples earlier this year and none held up to those form Rising Phoenix and Mesoud so I mixed the most promising ones and rather than wait to see what happened threw all the above in and now months later…

White floral/nectar rot and a bizarre mix of clean and animal from the musk, which is surprising because there is so little. Conifer notes!? Dry green vapor alongside that wet decaying lily. Coppery Vetiver! The rose disappears. I have no idea what the Mitti or Hindi co2 are doing and there’s a lot of each. The very far end of the drydown is a fresh pretty sandalwood sweetness. It’s definitely developed into its own thing. Smells nothing like how I remember it, or really like any of the constituent parts except the jasmine maybe. All of the notes seem to be coming from different directions and smell nothing like the skin scent. Chalk this up to a happy accident. I didn’t write any directions down because I didn’t have very high hopes for it. I just thought I’d use up some oils I wasn’t excited about. I could kick myself now. Raw and funky in the best way, but that drydown! I could never have planned anything like this and could never reproduce it.
 
Last edited:
My own Frankenstein creation: jasmine enfleurage, Agallocha CO2, rose/musk, Mitti attar mix. I got some lackluster Mitti samples earlier this year and none held up to those form Rising Phoenix and Mesoud so I mixed the most promising ones and rather than wait to see what happened threw all the above in and now months later…

White floral/nectar rot and a bizarre mix of clean and animal from the musk, which is surprising because there is so little. Conifer notes!? Dry green vapor alongside that wet decaying lily. Coppery Vetiver! The rose disappears. I have no idea what the Mitti or Hindi co2 are doing and there’s a lot of each. The very far end of the drydown is a fresh pretty sandalwood sweetness. It’s definitely developed into its own thing. Smells nothing like how I remember it, or really like any of the constituent parts except the jasmine maybe. All of the notes seem to be coming from different directions and smell nothing like the skin scent. Chalk this up to a happy accident. I didn’t write any directions down because I didn’t have very high hopes for it. I just thought I’d use up some oils I wasn’t excited about. I could kick myself now. Raw and funky in the best way, but that drydown! I could never have planned anything like this and could never reproduce it.
That's always the challenge of doing "freestyle" blending. I have a couple that I'm still pursuing and have not manage to figure out what the heck I did. I've kind of given up on that style of blending for now until I develop more skills I guess
 
That's always the challenge of doing "freestyle" blending. I have a couple that I'm still pursuing and have not manage to figure out what the heck I did. I've kind of given up on that style of blending for now until I develop more skills I guess
I have so many rejects. Even planned ones. If only they all turned out as nice as this.
 
Not quite an attar but I have been getting into vintage western fragrances.

One of the best value for money bottles that I have got so far is a 60s’ bottle of Arpege by Lanvin. Applied it tonight and this wave of beautiful florals just calms my mind. These vintage floraly perfumes are really something.
 
today i swiped a pure white ambergris tincture i have tinctured in december of 2020, evaporated the alcohol in december 2021, retinctured it again, evaporated it again a couple months later, then retinctured it again in 2022. evaporated the alcohol again in 2023 and retinctured it again LOL one might ask why? becauce i feel that with the evaporation leave a lot of the bad notes(fecal etc) even tho this specific amber didnt have much of that. anyway...the aroma today is mindblowing! very very sweet, absolutely ZERO animalic / fecal not even a trace of them. just pure sweetness, some yellow flowers and rocky beach pebbles kind of salty in a good way aroma. really shocked at how this evolved. i wish i had tinctured much more.
 
Rubbing a bit of this Borneo camphor on my pulse points... the stuff has a kind of underarm odor scent to it. Fresh clary sage flowers also have a bit of that.


[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Double header.
-Late afternoon/ evening swipe of an osmanthus and muskified Crassna blend I made. Pure dancing fruity resinny leather heaven. Mango peel camphor note swapping back and forth with the osmanthus and a blush of warm powder.
-Before bed swipe of a frangipani, tulsi, sandalwood musk maceration that has finally come of age. I really love how this turned out. Sigh inducing. All my cares melting away. Clean hair and hints of Japanese incense. It has such a familiar clean warm body aspect. It reminds me of getting out of the bath as a little kid. That feeling of healthful contentment where you’re just happy to be in your body. I wore some of this way too soon and it was candy sweet. I wish Id waited so I could have more to enjoy now that it’s matured and the sugariness has gone away. Next time I’ll add more tulsi just to warm it up a little.
 
Last edited:
Layering my (still young) santalol extract of saffron with a wild rose spray (my own distillation) and a robusto ck oil. The rose and saffron alone is such a classic combo it is immediately familiar; this particular oud is a far cry from agallocha so that made an unusual and engaging blend as well once i added it.

Edit: meant to say that it was a young saffron extract in santalol
 
Last edited:
For Asr I layered:
Royal Jardin by @SULAYM and
30% Musk-Sandal Maceration by @mesOUD

My first time layering Oils (bc I didnt want to disrupt the compositions) and im shocked!
The combination of 1980's Taifi and Maroke with the creamy musk is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled.
I bet the notes would compliment each other very well, but didnt expect THIS haha. Cant stop smelling my wrist šŸ˜
 
For Asr I layered:
Royal Jardin by @SULAYM and
30% Musk-Sandal Maceration by @mesOUD

My first time layering Oils (bc I didnt want to disrupt the compositions) and im shocked!
The combination of 1980's Taifi and Maroke with the creamy musk is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled.
I bet the notes would compliment each other very well, but didnt expect THIS haha. Cant stop smelling my wrist šŸ˜
I like this idea! Will have to start working on a formula. Purple rose oud and musk combination.
 
trying @Al Shareef Oudh "Jumaana" today. I've had this for a while have sniffed it a couple of times, but haven't shared my impressions before. Interesting take on a Jasmine fragrance - the jasmine is unusual and does not bring typical absolutes or ruhs of sambac, auriculatum, or grandiflorum to mind. It is a unique airy very tropical and fruity smelling jasmine, and I believe I have a small sample of the jasmine oil that was used in this blend (posted about that earlier). There's something modern about that jasmine layer on one level, while the blend overall is primal thanks to the oud and other heavier materials it is composed of. I have not reviewed ASO's notes on this so I am not sure what's in it... there is an oudy aspect, a quite noticeable carmelized sugar aspect, soft / diffuse tropical floral aspect... sugary heavy oudy jasmine. The notes merge into a "cosmetic" type dry down (can't come up with a more precise association). This aspect is pleasant enough but a bit more feminine/ makeup-like than I am comfortable wearing personally.

I'm heading over to the ASO site to see what's in this... (website mentions musk as well)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top