[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Well friends, I just wanted to say something about Al Bayt Al Ateeq 2 from Al shareef oudh. I have been sniffing the dipstick of my 0.2 ml sample vial for quite a few days now. It's very addictive. As this is pricey attar I will take a swipe only on a very special occasion. It's difficult to decipher all the ingredients that have made their way into this attar but there is very high quality taif rose superbly blended with superfine musk. There seems to be velvety oud oil of Malaysia. And a beautiful salty ozonic vibe that could be the ambergris. If any attar has touched my soul then it is this. This has nose tingling goodness and very surprisingly the wafts feel like they are coming from the ancient bricks and stone of the holy place. Olfactory illusion? Nopes. Olfactory nirvana? Yes!!
 
Well friends, I just wanted to say something about Al Bayt Al Ateeq 2 from Al shareef oudh. I have been sniffing the dipstick of my 0.2 ml sample vial for quite a few days now. It's very addictive. As this is pricey attar I will take a swipe only on a very special occasion. It's difficult to decipher all the ingredients that have made their way into this attar but there is very high quality taif rose superbly blended with superfine musk. There seems to be velvety oud oil of Malaysia. And a beautiful salty ozonic vibe that could be the ambergris. If any attar has touched my soul then it is this. This has nose tingling goodness and very surprisingly the wafts feel like they are coming from the ancient bricks and stone of the holy place. Olfactory illusion? Nopes. Olfactory nirvana? Yes!!
Wow, I like the way you describe it. Having significant experience with ASO’s attars, I have formed an idea in my head of how it smells. I’m probably completely off 😂 Do you detect a warm ambery note in the base?…

I have a sample of Khalouq, both attars were inspired by the Holy Kaaba & the fragrances used to perfume it, Khalouq was the historical scent while Al Bayt Al Ateeq II is the modern, I believe this is the concept. Khalouq is a Musk masterpiece! I’m very curious to sample ABAA II. Enjoy it brother!
 
Wow, I like the way you describe it. Having significant experience with ASO’s attars, I have formed an idea in my head of how it smells. I’m probably completely off 😂 Do you detect a warm ambery note in the base?…

I have a sample of Khalouq, both attars were inspired by the Holy Kaaba & the fragrances used to perfume it, Khalouq was the historical scent while Al Bayt Al Ateeq II is the modern, I believe this is the concept. Khalouq is a Musk masterpiece! I’m very curious to sample ABAA II. Enjoy it brother!
Actually I have sniffed it only from the dipstick every now & then. There must be amber, as you say but I have not reached the base notes or mid notes as I am yet to give a full wearing. Waiting for a good occasion 😌

I am planning to get Khalouk. A sample ofcourse. Both the attars must be in contrast as far as different ages are concerned.
 
I mentioned the ambery note as I’ve observed ASO has a couple of beautiful signatures within his compositions.
The central point is Oud, a dark, regal, incensey, floral, resinous old school Malay profile, usually complimented by Hindi Oud, (yet somehow the barn-fermented top note is never apparent). From here the compositions either veer off into a phenolic, musky, earthy, spicy territory (eg. Zumurrud, Yaqoot II, Jumaana, Khalouq) or into a warm, ambery-coumarin, soft leather, tobacco direction (eg.. Al Ghaliyah II, Ishraaq, Teeb II, Salsabeel). Both these signatures are classical, Royal, often inspired by ancient formulas, uniquely ASO.

As Khalouq falls into the first classification I mentioned, it makes sense that Al Bayt Al Ateeq II would fall into the second, especially since both attars are representative of a similar subject.
 
I mentioned the ambery note as I’ve observed ASO has a couple of beautiful signatures within his compositions.
The central point is Oud, a dark, regal, incensey, floral, resinous old school Malay profile, usually complimented by Hindi Oud, (yet somehow the barn-fermented top note is never apparent). From here the compositions either veer off into a phenolic, musky, earthy, spicy territory (eg. Zumurrud, Yaqoot II, Jumaana, Khalouq) or into a warm, ambery-coumarin, soft leather, tobacco direction (eg.. Al Ghaliyah II, Ishraaq, Teeb II, Salsabeel). Both these signatures are classical, Royal, often inspired by ancient formulas, uniquely ASO.

As Khalouq falls into the first classification I mentioned, it makes sense that Al Bayt Al Ateeq II would fall into the second, especially since both attars are representative of a similar subject.
True. There could be very high end very smooth hindi in ABAA II. Khalouk & ABAA II provide a spiritual experience.
 
Kashan rose oil from Iran. Out of all rose oils this is in my opinion the smoothest and most calming. The best way to describe it is imagine you took Taif rose and aged it for a couple of decades. It’s a calm citrusy at the start but without the loud sparkle of Taif, and has a beautiful green sweetness and earthiness almost like brewed green tea. Becomes thicker then almost solid when coldz
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_7469.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 79
Kashan rose oil from Iran. Out of all rose oils this is in my opinion the smoothest and most calming. The best way to describe it is imagine you took Taif rose and aged it for a couple of decades. It’s a calm citrusy at the start but without the loud sparkle of Taif, and has a beautiful green sweetness and earthiness almost like brewed green tea. Becomes thicker then almost solid when coldz
Looks delicious somehow - the greenish tinge could suggest a higher percentage of direct oil in this otto (as opposed to oil from redistilled rose water which is clear to yellow). Not sure if that's the case here
 
the greenish tinge could suggest a higher percentage of direct oil in this otto
New information to me! I got it for pretty cheap from a local store, so I don’t think it’s fake or low quality but it might be an old batch. Does rose oils lose projection with aging?

Edit: I’m starting to believe that it is indeed an old batch, what surprised me is the almost urinary musky note on the drydown. I’ll ask the store tomorrow if it’s new or aged.
IMG_7471.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Alteya certified organic Bulgarian Rose Otto
layered with Siberian musk/light ambergris maceration in sandalwood.

It’s still mostly a rosey scent, when I walked into my room my wife immediately smelled the rose, by no means a composed perfume, I was just in the mood for some rose.

Hours later….the musk is emerging,
yummmmm😋
 
Last edited:
Dabbling in sandalwood perfume by adapting a recipe from a historic text. This one is wacky smelling, with some unexpected tart fresh grassy aspects that I didn't see coming emerging (I think) from a synergy of the bergamot with the cinnamon and geranium. I don't know where else it is coming from if not there.

Ingredients include sandalwood, atlas cedar, bergamot, geranium, cinnamon bark, coumarin isolate, ylang, ambrette seed, patchouli.

I just mixed a couple of variations of this up, waiting to see what it smells like after things have had time to meld.
 
BEGUM - MESOUD unravel layers of PETALS astonishing me in it's associations inherent or not. I never understood the connection of of white flowers and rose before. The couplets with rose and sandalwood (why do I hear you?) and oud, it all makes sense now. With agarwood, the dry down keeps teaching 2 part harmony. Gorgeous and true. I feel very honored to have received this sacred teaching oil whose silage continues with a spirt of community and generoisty.
 
BEGUM - MESOUD unravel layers of PETALS astonishing me in it's associations inherent or not. I never understood the connection of of white flowers and rose before. The couplets with rose and sandalwood (why do I hear you?) and oud, it all makes sense now. With agarwood, the dry down keeps teaching 2 part harmony. Gorgeous and true. I feel very honored to have received this sacred teaching oil whose silage continues with a spirt of community and generoisty.
Nice!
 
Started the day off with a beautiful oil from Sokkat AlTeeb - تراد الرقائق الأحمر (Trat Red Chips/Flakes) from their Mesdar collection, everything I want in a Thai, incense-y with a hint of sweetness, and a medicinal note approaching cough syrup. Has the very elusive and cherished "red berries", cool and grounding jam notes. Couple of dots with the applicator was enough, really wonderful oil, in fact many of the Mesdar offerings have shifted my perception of cultivated oils, but the secret here is the processing and Sokkat AlTeeb has really out done themselves with this particular oil. Others from the Mesdar collection such as دهن عود كمبودي غابات (Cambodian Jungle), has absolutely no off notes and just deep Cambodi goodness, and دهن عود مقتنيات مفقودة (Dahn Oud Muqtaniyat Mafqooda) which was a true enigma, smelling like a resinous South Thai or Kedah oil, yeah I still can't believe it. Anyways there's more to talk about, including a 10 year aged Thai oil I have yet to try and as well as a 25 year aged Thai oil, both of which seem very interesting.

Afternoon came around and I applied some of Sulaym's Dusk Musk, and my God this was beautiful! And strong! You'll not need a lot to enjoy this scent, and it worked so well with the Trat Red Chips oils, though ultimately it kinda ate it up. The next several hours were beautiful, I was still astounded by how little of both I had applied, especially of the Dusk Musk, where I only wiped the neck of the applicator. I was lost in the warm furry white floral musk just humming away on my skin. Even changed the tired while wearing it and still enjoyed the bubble around me, as my body heated up.

For some reason after that I had the smart idea to apply some Mukhallat Dahn al Oud Moattaq, and this is where my annoyance began! Right out of the gate this was incredibly loud, leaving my olfactory ears ringing sort, but I still sorta tolerated it, that was until it started going into this dryer sheet musk, and this is a note I experienced in another attar, though it was tolerable there. So yeah that's pretty much it, I was enjoying a wonderful blend all to be ruined by Eau de Dryer sheets on my arms following me around now 😑 (ps. I think being under the weather is making me a bit more cranky than I normal would be but I was smelling sooo good, oh well there's always tomorrow). It seems to be passed now, but I swear, box of dryer sheets was all I was getting for a good hour there.
 
I just woke up and decided to test Dusk Musk. I felt like it was rattling from my oil box, almost like when Dumbledore met Tom Riddle and showed him he can do magic and then proceeded to make the box in the wardrobe shake violently. From the bottle it smells almost medicinal. On skin it is completely different. The oil dances between green, floral, green, floral, soft powder. I picture a deer jumping out of shrubbery making it's bold appearance. The deer has been brushing against gardenia and taifi rose. Sweet nuances, balanced with musk and oud. I can't believe I didn't order a bigger bottle of this, as I like to order partials before committing. With @SULAYM you have to be a lot quicker as a lot of their stock sells out. Their quality speaks for itself, with almost everything going out of stock because of their stamp on the fragrance world. I've already fallen in love with this one and it's only been on my skin for half an hour. 10/10.
1000162643.jpg
 
Back
Top