I'm not surprised, it was love at first sniff for me. Have you tried royal jardin, cos I was wondering what the differences would be
I haven't! The brother does have a sale on tomorrow so be sure to check it out إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَّٰهُ This is my current Sulaym collection
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
I ordered 1g of dusk musk and Rosa oud, and I'm pretty sure only one or two days later they both sold out. I remember thinking how lucky I was that I just caught it, but also kinda regretting not getting more
Rosa Oud will be back in stock hopefully within the next ten days. Dusk Musk I can make a new batch but it requires some time and maceration so hopefully after the new year!
 
I'm not surprised, it was love at first sniff for me. Have you tried royal jardin, cos I was wondering what the differences would be
HM Royal Jardin has purple nuances. And it’s beautifully crystalline. HM Rosa Oud is sultans Hindi oud with Bulgarian rose so it’s slightly more earthy but nethertheless a perfect Hindi Oud and Rose combo. They both have age on their side which gives nuances which are very difficult to replicate!
 
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day


Siberian musk in Kashan rose oil.
I’ve made a big mistake. The rose oil I used is a very delicate, smooth, earthy rose oil, it’s not all up in your face like Taif, and it already has a musky undertone by itself.
I used 1:3 ratio which was waaaaay too much musk, I macerated it literally a day ago and the musk is already VERY present almost overpowering. The rose is simply too delicate to handle it.

Next time I’ll do a 10% or even 5%, and macerate it longer.
 
Jasmine florasol extract from Peter Wilde. This extract is made using something akin to the propellant used in inhalers. It is a safe, cleanly evaporating solvent and the whole process occurs at low temperatures.

Absolutely beautiful jasmine grandiflorum oil with sweet linalool and enticing candy-like notes and indole in an exotic complex rich jasmine flower bouquet.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
View attachment 42492

Siberian musk in Kashan rose oil.
I’ve made a big mistake. The rose oil I used is a very delicate, smooth, earthy rose oil, it’s not all up in your face like Taif, and it already has a musky undertone by itself.
I used 1:3 ratio which was waaaaay too much musk, I macerated it literally a day ago and the musk is already VERY present almost overpowering. The rose is simply too delicate to handle it.

Next time I’ll do a 10% or even 5%, and macerate it longer.
Are you going to keep macerating or strain and reuse the grains?
 
Are you going to keep macerating or strain and reuse the grains?
Honestly still thinking about it.
My first thought is to transfer everything to a bigger bottle somehow, and add enough rose oil to dilute it to 10%. But the 3ml bottle’s neck is pretty small, and some musk could get stuck in it, especially after it sucked up the oil and swelled. Any tips are appreciated.

I was about to ask this in the musk thread actually : after the maceration period what happens with the musk? Say I macerate it for 2-3 years, then filter the final oil into a bottle, what’s traditionally done with the remaining musk? Macerated in new oil? Or will it lose potency?
 
Honestly still thinking about it.
My first thought is to transfer everything to a bigger bottle somehow, and add enough rose oil to dilute it to 10%. But the 3ml bottle’s neck is pretty small, and some musk could get stuck in it, especially after it sucked up the oil and swelled. Any tips are appreciated.

I was about to ask this in the musk thread actually : after the maceration period what happens with the musk? Say I macerate it for 2-3 years, then filter the final oil into a bottle, what’s traditionally done with the remaining musk? Macerated in new oil? Or will it lose potency?

You could make a tincture of the leftover grains and use it as / in an eau de toilette
 
Great idea, I’ve read somewhere here that leftover grains from a rose/musk maceration can be put in oud as well to give a nice rosy musky flavor
That's also a great idea. Alcohol for the quick turnaround, oud if you have patience maybe?
 
I'm just posting here to say how interesting I find tonka bean as a material. There's quite a bit of variation in the extract and there are at least two levels to this material - there's a lot beneath the surface once you get accustomed. I have experience lots of tonka over the years but only really experimented with blending recently and I am just continuously surprised by the nuances it adds to the top, heart, and especially the long dry down of different blends.

There's also been a shift in the atmosphere of my home since I've been testing blends with tonka - a subtle shift in the "house scent" which I have found very pleasant.

Amazing stuff.
 
testing Agar Aura - Blu
blue oceanic Oud with balanced green notes. Reminds me of a vintage fresh perfume

Sulaym - Elysium
Has Filipino Oud which gives me oceanic vibes in combination with Ambergris with a nice sweetness aswell but to be honest, compared to Blu, the quality here feels much superior. I feel like everything (Ambergris, Oud etc) is higher concentrated.
Keep continue to make this fine attars brother @SULAYM 🫶
 
I'm just posting here to say how interesting I find tonka bean as a material. There's quite a bit of variation in the extract and there are at least two levels to this material - there's a lot beneath the surface once you get accustomed. I have experience lots of tonka over the years but only really experimented with blending recently and I am just continuously surprised by the nuances it adds to the top, heart, and especially the long dry down of different blends.

There's also been a shift in the atmosphere of my home since I've been testing blends with tonka - a subtle shift in the "house scent" which I have found very pleasant.

Amazing stuff.
Tonka and Indonesian sandalwood goes so well together. It’s been my favorite combination lately especially when using it to enhance ever so slightly the gourmand facets of Oud and sandal oils.
 
Back
Top