Sultan Pasha Attars - Thebes II

This is a really great attar. From the huge selection of stars that Sultan Pasha has I thought I would try this one out as a tester.

It opens with aldehydes and Lilly of the valley. The heart consists of a strong orris butter scent along with Bulgarian rose absolute and Jasmine grandiflora absolute .The base has a strong vetiver note. This is beautiful fougery, powdery and spicy attar. I love it.
Have you tried Sultan Pasha Attars "Violette Noyee" or "Thebes I"
Also curious about the Chrysanthamum attar.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe
EO - Safa

This is a delicious attar with a strong citrussy cardamom and cinnamon opening. In the heart there is a lime and frankincense undertones. The basenotes consist of lemon, myrrh, spikenard, and a light Oud. Strong sillage and projection. It’s a beautiful attar to adorn for relaxing at home or for special occasions.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Safa.webp
    121.6 KB · Views: 103
scent_talks - The Black Stone - a camphoric jasmine is what this starts off with and what makes this special is, how it keeps that jasmine sambac profile and extends it into several hours for the top. Fresh jasmine flowers have this sweetness, a bit of green from the stems and an uplifting aroma, the totality of which is never quite captured in either the Ruh nor the Absolute. I personally find the sweetness of the absolute more appealing, the Ruh is fleeting at best, thus making a jasmine scent last isn't simply a matter of mixing the Ruh with some sandalwood oil. This is where The Black Stone shines! A couple of hours after applying you'll still be enveloped in the scent of fresh Jasmine flowers alongside a host of luxurious animalics, which you'll really enjoy into the mid and the base. As the top wraps up its act it'll continue to lend sweetness to the more leathery mid and base. The jasmine is not stinky here either, which can happen if more animalics are used, perhaps propping up its natural indoles. Ultimately the majesty of this scent is in its simplicity, and there's so many aspects I've not been able to capture but it's not a generic jasmine, nor an eastern rendition of it! It's not soapy but nor is it feral, it can be worn out with company or alone, there is something refreshing about it. White florals sometimes have this heavy overbearing sweetness to them, you'll not find that sort of jasmine note here!
 
scent_talks - The Black Stone - a camphoric jasmine is what this starts off with and what makes this special is, how it keeps that jasmine sambac profile and extends it into several hours for the top. Fresh jasmine flowers have this sweetness, a bit of green from the stems and an uplifting aroma, the totality of which is never quite captured in either the Ruh nor the Absolute. I personally find the sweetness of the absolute more appealing, the Ruh is fleeting at best, thus making a jasmine scent last isn't simply a matter of mixing the Ruh with some sandalwood oil. This is where The Black Stone shines! A couple of hours after applying you'll still be enveloped in the scent of fresh Jasmine flowers alongside a host of luxurious animalics, which you'll really enjoy into the mid and the base. As the top wraps up its act it'll continue to lend sweetness to the more leathery mid and base. The jasmine is not stinky here either, which can happen if more animalics are used, perhaps propping up its natural indoles. Ultimately the majesty of this scent is in its simplicity, and there's so many aspects I've not been able to capture but it's not a generic jasmine, nor an eastern rendition of it! It's not soapy but nor is it feral, it can be worn out with company or alone, there is something refreshing about it. White florals sometimes have this heavy overbearing sweetness to them, you'll not find that sort of jasmine note here!
Jasmine Sambac has a greenish, deeper, less ethereal scent than its cousin. It's not sweet; it's more aromatic.
 
Old Sumatra patch has been in this bottle since 1994... this one stayed quite fluid and did not thicken up in spite of being a pretty dark color. Rich dry leafy and tangy wine-like qualities combined. Nice oil...
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
More old patchouli from the 90's (organic, indonesian). This as you can see is completely solidified. I think this brand was a spin off from OSHADHI - it didn't last long and I only saw it in a couple of places in Seattle, they had very fine materials. Impossible to open without soaking in hot water first.



[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
More 90's patch - all circa 1993/1994 🙂 notice the hard polymerized droplet on the right of the third bottle. That snapped off, basically brittle at this point.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
We’re having an overcast Saturday here in San Francisco. The streets are wet with random sprinkles from the sky. The breeze is cool.

Wearing EO Borneo Zen today. An interplay of oud, musk, and JASMINE!
View attachment 50935
I love Borneo Zen golden cap editions, haven't tried the TW edition. If you are into jasmine with oud I'd highly recommend trying Henry Jacques Dar Abu Dhabi which is exclusive at their Abu Dhabi boutique unfortunately, also it is expensive, but tbh it is the best jasmine oud on the planet in my opinion.
 
SULAYM - ELYSIUM edition du musc

This is just unbelievable. So perfect… I return to my hand over and over and it never gets old. Seriously insane.

I ordered the Blaze EDM version….

I wanna make a comment about the customer service from Ahmed. I reached out and asked if I could send back one of my other non musk editions (Blaze) to have it macerated with the same musk. I already had another order from him packed up - he had a tiny bit of the musk left… rather than keep it, he pulled my package out of the mail, added a few grains of musk so that I could do my own Maceration at home.
No charge!

🤯

This is the best customer service I’ve ever received in this industry. I’ll be a long time customer - thanks @SULAYM
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1813.webp
    89.1 KB · Views: 77
Animalis - Oudique.

This one is so beautiful to me. It opens very fresh and clean in the best possible way, with a bubblegum sweetness mentioned in some other attars. It also has a warm and darker side that comes out later on in the drydown when the florals fade and the oud and animalics remain.

I’d say it’s perfectly unisex. i think it could be worn casually or dressed up. It’s floral, but not girly. It’s animalic but well blended and smooth. It’s one of the few attars I get whiffs of throughout the day with a small dab on my arm, not having to smell myself constantly😆

It was included in an order as a bonus sample. And now that it’s almost gone, I took advantage of the recent sale to secure a bottle🤗
 
scent_talks - Nizum ul Mulk - wearing a couple drops to bed, and I started seeing resemblances to His Imperial Majesty, right at the beginning, but which is intense in a very different way, and then a little later, Golden Tabac, there's a faint floral fruity backbone which reminds me of it, but where that's more honeyed florals, here they're soapy florals, primarily from the jasmine used. You also get a bit of the camphoric nuance that you'll find in The Black Stone. And granted this is all in the very beginning!

The middle is quite interesting, the soapy florals are combined with a hint of caramel like notes, mixed with a chocolate-y musk almost resembling a sort of Guerlinade like signature. The nose tingling notes start to elevate, and the scent keeps on changing between sniffs, so it's hard to define this, but the best I can do is, a slightly sweet incense-y bakhoor like scent. An interesting caveat, many of these scents smell different on different parts of my arm, I'm guessing this has to do with circulation near the surface closer to my elbows than the top of my wrists, but I'm describing the top of my wrist smell. The closer to my elbow scent is more jasmine dominant sweeter but also more floral than the scent on the top wrists.

The next transition finds the scent becoming sweeter, again not like Golden Tabac, here there's whole bouquets of florals and animalics and ouds added, think Pink Lotus, Broom, Champaca, Pandanus, Frangipani, Neroli, Rose Geranium to just name a few, so it's not something I can break down, but I can say the dry down is very different to say Psychedelic Tabac, or Tabac d'un auntre monde, the sweetness remains tempered by the florals and as one floral comes to the front, another takes a step back. It isn't a usual sort of ultra sweet dry down there's depth here, and also, an unbelievable ability to keep this blend smelling masculine, air-y, yet intense. Hints of the musk and oud, brushed with coffee comes through as well. The dry down is a mediative scent but anything but quiet! All I'll end with is, there doesn't seem to be an overdose of Pandanus, I feel like Lotus and Jasmine Sambac are the main players, but the oud, and musk backbone makes both them seem otherworldly! Which to be fair sort of is what this scent is, this many florals and high impact materials and still flowing and transitioning smoothly, is no easy feat! And it's completely unique to my nose, relaxing, beautiful and sophisticated!
 
SULAYM - ELYSIUM edition du musc

This is just unbelievable. So perfect… I return to my hand over and over and it never gets old. Seriously insane.

I ordered the Blaze EDM version….

I wanna make a comment about the customer service from Ahmed. I reached out and asked if I could send back one of my other non musk editions (Blaze) to have it macerated with the same musk. I already had another order from him packed up - he had a tiny bit of the musk left… rather than keep it, he pulled my package out of the mail, added a few grains of musk so that I could do my own Maceration at home.
No charge!

🤯

This is the best customer service I’ve ever received in this industry. I’ll be a long time customer - thanks @SULAYM
That has to be the best going above and beyond to satisfy a customer story I've ever heard. Thats amazing. Hope it works out well.
 
Animalis - Oudique.

This one is so beautiful to me. It opens very fresh and clean in the best possible way, with a bubblegum sweetness mentioned in some other attars. It also has a warm and darker side that comes out later on in the drydown when the florals fade and the oud and animalics remain.

I’d say it’s perfectly unisex. i think it could be worn casually or dressed up. It’s floral, but not girly. It’s animalic but well blended and smooth. It’s one of the few attars I get whiffs of throughout the day with a small dab on my arm, not having to smell myself constantly😆

It was included in an order as a bonus sample. And now that it’s almost gone, I took advantage of the recent sale to secure a bottle🤗
I purchased a gram of Animalis. Judging by your description, @Thrilla Gorilla , I’m going to love it! Can’t wait for it to get to me…..
 
Back
Top