ASO - Yaqoot II

This thing is an apex predator. No florals, no sandalwood, nothing.
Top tier traditional malaysian with the nutty, herbaceous and earthy notes of the Siberian musk. Simple yet complex. Definitely need to have a few goes at this one to understand it.
 
ASO - Yaqoot II

This thing is an apex predator. No florals, no sandalwood, nothing.
Top tier traditional malaysian with the nutty, herbaceous and earthy notes of the Siberian musk. Simple yet complex. Definitely need to have a few goes at this one to understand it.
I agree, it is surprisingly complex for how few ingredients it has. I’ve tried it three times and still haven’t gotten a full profile.
 
I agree, it is surprisingly complex for how few ingredients it has. I’ve tried it three times and still haven’t gotten a full profile.
Its very unusually amazing. Definitely a heavy hitter. Have you tried zumurrud ?
 
I think i definitely need to try that one next. Have also heard great things about Al Bayt Al Ateeq so I think that's one to consider as this is my first experience with ASO
With ASO you can’t go wrong. My favorite oils that he currently offers are Al Bayt Al Ateeq, Zumurrud, Ghaliya II, Vathimi Raja (one of the best Silanis I’ve tried, if not the best), Layl, and Java Arch.
 
With ASO you can’t go wrong. My favorite oils that he currently offers are Al Bayt Al Ateeq, Zumurrud, Ghaliya II, Vathimi Raja (one of the best Silanis I’ve tried, if not the best), Layl, and Java Arch.
Zumurrud and Al Bayt Al Ateeq are the 2 I'm currently leaning towards without getting overwhelmed 😄 How would you describe your personal experience with Bayt Al Ateeq ?
 
Sorry to intrude, just wanted to say that Al Bayt Al Ateeq is gorgeous beyond belief. Very different than the others you're discussing -- lots of rose and incense. But phenomenal.
No need to apologise, I appreciate the input, the more information the better 😁

In terms of Bayt Al Ateeq, would you say its definitely not one to be missed ? It seems that every person who encounters it is simply mesmerised by it.
 
No need to apologise, I appreciate the input, the more information the better 😁

In terms of Bayt Al Ateeq, would you say its definitely not one to be missed ? It seems that every person who encounters it is simply mesmerised by it.
Bayt Al Ateeq is phenomenal. It was my gateway oil to appreciating the world of Oud, so it’s special for me. It’s a rosy Attar with an amazing profile that I can’t describe very well. All I can say is that whenever I swipe someone with it, they are visibly taken aback. I’d say you have to try at least some of it.
 
Scent Talks - The Black Stone
Scent Talks - Red Hot Rose

This a potent combination that I’m in love with. The Black Stone’s beautiful musk mixes beautifully with the jasmine and rose, and the vetiver really brings out the beauty of all the ingredients. To top it all off, the red-hot rose Attar 🌹 adds a complex note that’s like walking through a field of flowers and lacks that powdery note were used to from traditional perfume houses. Beautiful for Jumaah.
 
Last edited:
Bayt Al Ateeq is phenomenal. It was my gateway oil to appreciating the world of Oud, so it’s special for me. It’s a rosy Attar with an amazing profile that I can’t describe very well. All I can say is that whenever I swipe someone with it, they are visibly taken aback. I’d say you have to try at least some of it.
I know what you mean, it's an attar that needs to be experienced as opposed to read about on a screen. Thank you for your input, I guess i know what my next step is now with ASO 😄
 
scent_talks - Prachin Rose - this has been a difficult blend for me to enjoy, but the road to enjoying it has been quite the story. When I first smelled this from the dipstick I was impressed. I have mixed some very good Prachin ouds with rose ottos to great success, and I wasn't expecting much from this, but again this was a promising start! So then I wore it for the first time, and in the opening found something a tad bit too sweet. Now for context with scent_talks' blends, they have a scale of their own, frankly speaking I either like them a lot or love them, I have yet to encounter one which I absolutely can't stand, and knowing I can get blends tailored to my tastes, if I don't enjoy something, I have to share what I don't like! Perhaps we could add some cardamom or clove to highlight the rose absolute like sweetness with a hint of minty spice, were my initial thoughts. But the more I wore it I noticed, that very slight overdose of sweetness would hit me at the beginning, and it was short lived. So then one day I wore a very tiny amount, less than quarter of a drop, and noticed that aspect was almost faint to nearly impossible to notice even while looking for it! Hence I realized it wasn't the blend I had an issue with, I was just applying way too much of it! Which gave me an appreciation for spray perfumes being "dosed" to the correct amount via ethyl alcohol, and even greater respect for artisans focused on oil blends! Imagine all the hard work an artisan does formulating a blend, all for the end user to mess it up with a "swipe happy" finger! At the same time you should be very picky seeking out scents, a scent which makes you feel deeply happy is worth the search, and the enjoyment upon every wearing!

But let's talk about the scent. If you've experienced Red Hot Rose, this goes in a different direction. There a minty herbal patchouli was dancing with the rose, here a honeyed minty rose is dancing with a blends of ouds and perhaps an amber accord which is slightly vanillic. The scent of red, dewy petals squeezed is what first comes to mind, with a background of something mentholic, and also also sweet. The namesake Prachin oud gives a Crassna like sweetness with a subdued incense-y quality. The musk used here anchors the rose, alongside woody notes in , never letting it become too diffusive, unlike what you'll find in Red Hot Rose. As it dries down, the Crassna sweetness is intertwined with secondary sweetness of the rose, honestly it's hard to describe, even a two note blend of natural oud and natural rose creates an accord I have yet to sniff in commercial perfumery, but I digress! It's a meditative scent, which is office friendly as well, it's sweet enough that the lay person can enjoy it with you, yet you'll find yourself constantly sniffing it, trying to tease out all the notes! In the later mid and base, incense-y nuances start to come forward, now the nose prickingly mintiness is from the ouds, and not the rose. Much deeper sniffs will bring forth the unmistakable base note of Hindi ouds mixed with musk. It's not a weak scent, but it's also not screaming from the rooftops, perhaps there's even a slight twig like greenness in the base alongside a buttery sandalwood. Overall a unique oud rose, with a lot more going on that perhaps the name suggests!

Further up on my arm, I'm wearing this with Honey & Tabac, which also I was scared of, but this is a sort of honey note I can't imagine anyone not enjoying! (I want to be clear I'm not talking about commercial designer monstrosities, which we've come to collectively tolerate as a society) It's floral and rich, yet not saccharine and sticky, it's as if orange blossom nectar has been tinctured, the scent of meadows in bloom, deep mid summer on a blazingly hot afternoon, with freshly sawed pine boards in the background!
 
No need to apologise, I appreciate the input, the more information the better 😁

In terms of Bayt Al Ateeq, would you say it’s definitely not one to be missed ? It seems that every person who encounters it is simply mesmerised by it.
Absolutely. My first bottle was getting a bit low so I actually bought a second bottle, something I wouldn’t automatically do at that price point. But it’s worth it. A scent to hold onto for a lifetime.
 
Multazam - Oudique

This is an intriguing presence on the Oudique website right now, available by the half-gram only.

The opening - and I don’t mean this in any derogatory way - vividly reminds me of those new age/hippy stores from back in the day: the ones that sold crystals, dream-catchers and joss sticks. This was totally unexpected, and it caught me off guard. So…it’s joss stick vibes and patchouli at first, but there is also a super-clean, floral edge here - like a high-quality scented bar soap. From there it soon turns musky and resinous, showing sweetish notes of temple incense as the floral top notes persist harmoniously. Musky oud (or should that be oudy musk) really drives the composition as it dries down. This is pretty strong stuff - small swipes last for an impressively long time.

IMG_0191.jpeg
 
Back
Top