Bayt Al Ateeq is phenomenal. It was my gateway oil to appreciating the world of Oud, so it’s special for me. It’s a rosy Attar with an amazing profile that I can’t describe very well. All I can say is that whenever I swipe someone with it, they are visibly taken aback. I’d say you have to try at least some of it.
Yep, this. That's how my first bottle got so low. There were a few people I knew would love it.
 
SULAYM - ELYSIUM edition du musc

This is just unbelievable. So perfect… I return to my hand over and over and it never gets old. Seriously insane.

I ordered the Blaze EDM version….

I wanna make a comment about the customer service from Ahmed. I reached out and asked if I could send back one of my other non musk editions (Blaze) to have it macerated with the same musk. I already had another order from him packed up - he had a tiny bit of the musk left… rather than keep it, he pulled my package out of the mail, added a few grains of musk so that I could do my own Maceration at home.
No charge!

🤯

This is the best customer service I’ve ever received in this industry. I’ll be a long time customer - thanks @SULAYM
Ahmed has always been wonderful to deal with. He's a big part of the reason I'm such a @SULAYM fan girl. Friendly and fantastic customer service.
 
Absolutely. My first bottle was getting a bit low so I actually bought a second bottle, something I wouldn’t automatically do at that price point. But it’s worth it. A scent to hold onto for a lifetime.
I see. All I can say is I think you've fully expressed as much as you possibly can with words but now I need to try it for myself. Good thing there was one last sample vial in stock !
 
Alhamdulillah, Attar of the day is the legendary Nemat majmua 96.
Subhaanal khaaliq, what do I say about this thing here! Raw, unapologetic, receptor tingling scent! Those who look for mild, smooth scents? You've been warned!
Vetiver, screwpine (kewra), musk, sandalwood, some florals here and there! Starts off really medicinal and starts showing off that incredible note of khus(vetiver) and kewra(screwpine) playing together.. ones that aren't the showroom type! Ones you'd smell while walking through a dense shrub of vetiver and pandanus in the woods!
Sometime goes by- like REALLY sometime! It's that concentrated!- and the sandalwood shows up..the powdery/shavings kinda one..and THAT lasts a REALLY long time..then comes another dimension mehendi yes you heard that right! Mehendi notes come out and settles into this petrichor-typical rainforest/ hilly terrain-indian monsoon rains smell that just makes you giggle!! Which again dances between mehendi and earthy musky nuances.. And my man from nemat! that legendary perfumer Allahumma baarik made that happen bi idhnillahil Kareem for 4 RIYAL! A 100 rupees! As in it's less than A DOLLAR!!
That raw natural unapologetic olfaction experience for 1 dollar! I've said that to my wife before and I say it here again! This is hands down THE BEST, RUPEE FOR RUPEE, I can't say dollar lol but PENNY FOR PENNY, DINAR FOR DINAR value for money scent one can find out there in the market! With such a rollercoaster experience..Wallahu a'lam.
It is SO GOOD! that I rushed to this beauty while the sun is still out there (winter is slowly setting in) to enjoy it!

BaarakAllaahu feekum!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_20251102_092540.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 95
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_20251102_092524.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 74
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_20251102_092459.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 99
I'm smelling far better than I have any right to as a primate… What is my secret? It's my layered mukh of the moment, my most recent extractions:

-green CK pyrogenic distillate
-green CK resinoid
-old sandalwood resinoid

At the moment the sandalwood is distracting from the CK because it's pretty a punchy extract, but it's a very comforting combination. It adds a bit of an animalic aspect i am realizing - sandalwood can have musky and urine adjacent aromas.

I feel like the jewel-like distilled sandalwood like @AlHind Oud distills are a better match for the CK than the resinoid I extracted because they allow the CK to show through at first and then follow up with that super long lasting dry wood detail, Bilquis is just beautiful.
 
Last edited:
And now a swipe of some Aceh patchouli oil from @Margon - beautiful stuff that just crashes into this crystalline patchouli camphor space that I find completely mesmerizing. There's a bit of an edge to the top notes that can be a bit overwhelming if inhaled directly, so I like to apply a dab in the collarbone region and just allowed to waft up for hours. This one produces more of a kind of icy camphor and borderline borneol cloud (as opposed to dry leafy or pepper or wine like) and I find it very appealing.

It's a great example of why it's so important to know your materials intimately and why ultimately being given a formula really doesn't enable you to make a particular perfume. I have another patchouli oil next to this, an older dark oil, and if you were to substitute one for the other you would end up with a very different fragrance.

In that sense a formula for a perfume made of natural materials is just an indicator of a direction to start experimenting with, as opposed to a recipe for a specific scent.
 
Last edited:
Sulaym - Layla

You know what’s special about this? The ambergris and the musk. It blends beautifully with the oud and jasmine. Everything has just the right proportion. The champaca and musk just swim in that lucious ambergris. Smells like swimming in a pool of dewy flowers.

It’s not like previous attars i.e Elysium annd Jade Blaze. It’s its own thing. It feels a little lighter and gentle and strong notes of tobacco and leather. Everything is a masterpiece! @SULAYM
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Layla unboxed.webp
    101.2 KB · Views: 89
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Layla boxed.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Sulaym - HM Royal Jardin , Maroke : Taif : 1980s (sample)

Such a beautifully tempered rose scent caused by the Maroke to tame it. It gives the rose a slightly airy and light profile. I really love this. Feels great to be sampling something from when I was born.
 
Enjoying the heck out of some damascena rose oil from Hasayan Perfumers. Really appreciating this oil today on a level that's a little different than in the past. Good duration and very charming appealing quality at all stages of its unfolding. These Indian damascena oils always have a bit of a rose geranium quality, as opposed to a lemon citrus or peppery spicy aroma. Who knows what it all means??
 
Lupus & Vega - Trinity: Amber, Oud, and Rose (sample)

The opening is of sweet amber. Very high quality amber. A quality I have never had before until now. There are notes of cinnamon, and clove. Then comes the Oud rush, deep and dark. Then, a kiss from a rose to top it all off. Brilliantly executed @Joe
 
Lupus & Vega - Time Regained (Sample)

This opens with a citrus note. It feels like a creamy sandalwood.mvery light and airy and enjoyable to wear. It's linear in its effect in that it's straightforward. Very nice.
 
Last edited:
Lupus & Vega - Aquarilia & Boswellia - a brilliant blend which envisions capturing the full spectrum of Frankincense, from the citrus forward EO to the more traditionally "resinous" absolute. Frankincense has been a deep obsession of mine, much like oud but while that started later, the desire to seek out resins was something I remember being fascinated by even on the way to school in the first grade! There was a pine tree which had solidified tears of resin, and drawn to them I attempted to break some off but ended up getting more of the semi-wet sap on my hands, and it's not easy to get off with soap and water! But I was hooked on that pine-y aroma. When heating even moderately priced bakhoor blends, you're bound to get some frankincense thrown in, even if its of a lower grade. That coupled with people throwing the powder on very hot coals, at least in my experience gives a sort of burnt plastic note. Yet when heated even on charcoal the aroma is unlike anything which the mind could imagine! The EO while faithful to a portion of the aroma, fails to capture the scent of the burning gum component. This is the scent you'll find on your clothes hours after a session, and this is the scent @Joe 's captured in this blend. Coupled with that there's a descent amount of oud rounding off the blend. The easiest way to describe this is if you were to take the spent chunks of resin, almost pitch black or ashen and powdery, and crumble them between your fingers you'll get the middle of this scent! And it does need a fair amount of heat, if this is the aroma you're after, any lower and you'll get very bright citrus-y notes which though delightful miss the depth of this material. There's also this starchy white powder which scent which you'll notice if you hold several tears in your hand or taken them out of the jar. It's not a refreshing scent per say but there's enough uplifting about it, that you're bound to feel energized. And it does clear your sinuses to a certain extent, but there's more at play here!
 
Lupus & Vega - Aquarilia & Boswellia - a brilliant blend which envisions capturing the full spectrum of Frankincense, from the citrus forward EO to the more traditionally "resinous" absolute. Frankincense has been a deep obsession of mine, much like oud but while that started later, the desire to seek out resins was something I remember being fascinated by even on the way to school in the first grade! There was a pine tree which had solidified tears of resin, and drawn to them I attempted to break some off but ended up getting more of the semi-wet sap on my hands, and it's not easy to get off with soap and water! But I was hooked on that pine-y aroma. When heating even moderately priced bakhoor blends, you're bound to get some frankincense thrown in, even if its of a lower grade. That coupled with people throwing the powder on very hot coals, at least in my experience gives a sort of burnt plastic note. Yet when heated even on charcoal the aroma is unlike anything which the mind could imagine! The EO while faithful to a portion of the aroma, fails to capture the scent of the burning gum component. This is the scent you'll find on your clothes hours after a session, and this is the scent @Joe 's captured in this blend. Coupled with that there's a descent amount of oud rounding off the blend. The easiest way to describe this is if you were to take the spent chunks of resin, almost pitch black or ashen and powdery, and crumble them between your fingers you'll get the middle of this scent! And it does need a fair amount of heat, if this is the aroma you're after, any lower and you'll get very bright citrus-y notes which though delightful miss the depth of this material. There's also this starchy white powder which scent which you'll notice if you hold several tears in your hand or taken them out of the jar. It's not a refreshing scent per say but there's enough uplifting about it, that you're bound to feel energized. And it does clear your sinuses to a certain extent, but there's more at play here!
My brother, when you say, “The easiest way to describe this is if you were to take the spent chunks of resin, almost pitch black or ashen and powdery, and crumble them between your fingers you'll get the middle of this scent!” You’ve captured the essence of what I tried to do. Thank you for the review. It means a lot to me!
 
Lupus & Vega - Trinity: Amber, Oud, and Rose (sample)

The opening is of sweet amber. Very high quality amber. A quality I have never had before until now. There are notes of cinnamon, and clove. Then comes the Oud rush, deep and dark. Then, a kiss from a rose to top it all off. Brilliantly executed @Joe
I will be launching Trinity and Time Regained at Scent Expo! Thank you for your wonderful review. They bring me validation and pleasure to read. It let’s me know I’m on the right path… Joe
 
Lupus & Vega - Time Regained (Sample)

This opens with a citrus note. It feels like a creamy sandalwood.mvery light and airy and enjoyable to wear. It's linear in its effect in that it's straightforward. Very nice.
This is one of my more complicated blends, with many, many materials, and made with love. I know you like Trinity, and that makes me very happy, and I am proudest of, so far anyway, of Time Regained.
 
Scent Talks - Prachin Hind

The opening is an overwhelming of the senses with top quality musk. Then the animalics hit a high when the Jasmine sambac unveils itself. There is a part of Jasmine that smells animalic to me so that’s combining with the musk and packing a punch. The mix is smoothed out by a variety of Hindi ouds with a muted barn quality and a Prachin Oud. Taif rose balances everything out toward the dry down and settles everything. Another excellent attar from this vendor. I’m tempted to mix with one of the free samples but he was so generous and gave me so many that I’m patient enough to wait. So I’m trying this solo. I must say i prefer cuir de tabac and the black stone more. But they are a different composition made for a different experience. Excellent job on this attar.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Prachin hind.webp
    95.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Back
Top