Scent Talks - Tobacco Rose Fatale (sample)

Where do I even begin to describe how beautiful this blend is? Composed of a top that’s a triplet of roses. Specifically, Taif rose, red rose, and rose de mai. It then has a heart of Hindi Oud, saffron and patchouli. The base is tobacco absolute. It leans more towards the rose with the tobacco delicately muted. Smells sweet like real roses. And had has that well-roundedness of the saffron and patchouli. Superb execution and blending.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Tobacco rose fatale.webp
    89.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
ASO - Khalouq (sample)

Tried this side by side with ABAA II. It seems that more people tend to lean towards ABAA, but honestly I think I lean towards them both equally, if not towards Khalouq slightly more. To me Khalouq is darker, very strong aged leather vibe and undeniably ancient. Its as though a bottle of attar that began life as ABAA was discovered by some archaeologists on some middle Eastern expedition, and age turned it into Khalouq. Great stuff.
 
Last edited:
ASO - Khalouq (sample)

Tried this side by side with ABAA II. It seems that more people tend to lean towards ABAA, but honestly I think I lean towards them both equally, if not towards Khalouq slightly more. To me Khalouq is darker, very strong aged leather vibe and undeniably ancient. Its as though a bottle of attar that began life as ABAA was discovered by some archaeologists on some middle Eastern expedition, and age turned it into Khalouq. Great stuff.
I haven't tried Khalouq so can't compare but am happy you like the samples. ASO does great work.
 
ASO - Khalouq (sample)

Tried this side by side with ABAA II. It seems that more people tend to lean towards ABAA, but honestly I think I lean towards them both equally, if not towards Khalouq slightly more. To me Khalouq is darker, very strong aged leather vibe and undeniably ancient. Its as though a bottle of attar that began life as ABAA was discovered by some archaeologists on some middle Eastern expedition, and age turned it into Khalouq. Great stuff.
I sampled Khalouq and I would describe it the same way you did. its amazing
 
Sulaym - Khadijah EDM

Beautiful fusion of extremely high quality, delicate yet strong florals (jasmine heavy) mingling nicely on a musky base with a subtle creamy woodiness throughout. At first i thought maybe there's a miniscule amount of oud in the composition ? But no. Its just THAT good. I wouldn't usually opt for a jasmine heavy attar but when it comes to this calibre of oils i tend to disregard what I thought I knew.
 
Test Blend I made a while ago, Meghalaya traditional barny leathery Hindi oud, vintage Prachin Oud, and vintage amber oil from an old kuppi.
The ratios might need some adjustment , and a floral element is needed to perfect it. But for now it smells really good, the attar came out thick both in the physical and olfactory sense. A dark, damp, barny warm incensy kind of scent . Perhaps a mellow aged rose is needed here, a tiny bit of spice too.

It’s so far the closest thing I could get to the scent of old old mukhallats men used to wear in my part of the world, that ambery barny warm kind of scent. If only I could get ahold of a drop or two of SQ bukhoor absolute 🙂
 
Sulaym - Khadijah EDM

Beautiful fusion of extremely high quality, delicate yet strong florals (jasmine heavy) mingling nicely on a musky base with a subtle creamy woodiness throughout. At first i thought maybe there's a miniscule amount of oud in the composition ? But no. It’s just THAT good. I wouldn't usually opt for a jasmine heavy attar but when it comes to this calibre of oils i tend to disregard what I thought I knew.
🤲
 
ASO - Hekayat (again)

'No way this is just sandalwood and musk?!' My reaction every time I smell it. Can't get over how rich and fragrant it is. I have some supposedly good quality sandalwood in my collection which kind of just smells like some seed oil from Holland and Barrett now compared to this.
 
With ASO you can’t go wrong. My favorite oils that he currently offers are Al Bayt Al Ateeq, Zumurrud, Ghaliya II, Vathimi Raja (one of the best Silanis I’ve tried, if not the best), Layl, and Java Arch.
I remembered this post of yours when sifting through an ASO buffet of samples. I'd say my personal experience with some of the mentioned oils is very much in line with what you mentioned, only because I haven't tried all of them yet. Appreciate the recommendations ! Its like discovering a new world of oud within the world of oud.
 
Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless
@Joe I may have to pick some of this up at the event. Marvelous
Thank you very much, that’s kind of you. I’ll be sure to bring it with me; I’m going through my blends with a relative this coming weekend to figure out what’s coming with me to the ScentExpo. Lots of new stuff I’ve been holding back from releasing on the website for the expo.

;-)
 
Back
Top