I was really taken by @An Najwa 's Ghaliya Banu Hashim numero uno. I felt the mid and dry down in particular were exceptional both in terms of the aroma and in terms of this kind of transformative effect on anything that it mixed with. This would be both a wonderful perfume in itself and a killer secret ingredient.
 
Scent Talks - Khaltat Madinah II

I applied many smears off the glass dipstick on my wrist to reveal a dark greenish enchanting mix. Like all Scent Talks attars this one has a bold personality. Starts off with rose, saffron, Lilly of the valley, tuberose, and pink lotus. Musk is in the background here. I had become accustomed to musk riding in the front but this one was the back seat driver. Jasmine sambac and Hindi ouds dance around as the rose ingredients do their performance of introducing the musk to the party. I can detect some vetiver although the attar doesn't contain any. Again, none of the free generous samples are needed to enhance this experience but I will experiment next time. This is a great experience.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Madinah II.webp
    219.7 KB · Views: 88
What else do you like from EO attars? I like Lily Gris Ghalia, Monsieur Oud, Sultan Leather Ghalia, Taif Sultan and Melange Priveé.

Going to embarrass myself with a long list 😉 :

Tibetan Musk Ghalia and Borneo Zen TW. Those were two of the first I tried and I love them. Have never tried Borneo Zen but have a bottle coming to me this weekend. Very excited. ManilaDawn has talked about it, and i think you and she talked about it recently.

Yusuf Ghalia is coming in today and Josh promised me a sample of Nuit de Ceylan.

Fou Gang, Enso, Taif Sultan, Angkor, Leather Ghalia*, Purple Rain and an older bottle of Hainan attar which is absolutely gorgeous. Supposedly the one on sale now is the same. * Ghalia, not attar, in my collection.
Pink Papua and Blue Kalbar too, but they're lesser attars -- fun, playful little things. Plus Santal Sultan and Santal Royale.

Does Monsieur Oud strike you as particularly masculine? The scent notes don't read that way, but he keeps saying it is.
 
Last edited:
Going to embarrass myself with a long list 😉 :

Tibetan Musk Ghalia and Borneo Zen TW. Those were two of the first I tried and I love them. Have never tried Borneo Zen but have a bottle coming to me this weekend. Very excited. ManilaDawn has talked about it, and i think you and she talked about it recently.

Yusuf Ghalia is coming in today and Josh promised me a sample of Nuit de Ceylan.

Fou Gang, Enso, Taif Sultan, Angkor, Leather Ghalia*, Purple Rain and an older bottle of Hainan attar which is absolutely gorgeous. Supposedly the one on sale now is the same. * Ghalia, not attar, in my collection.
Pink Papua and Blue Kalbar too, but they're lesser attars -- fun, playful little things. Plus Santal Sultan and Santal Royale.

Does Monsier Oud strike you as particularly masculine? The scent notes don't read that way, but he keeps saying it is.
Wow! what a list!
I have tried all of them except Fou Gang, Angkor and Nuit de Ceylan, waiting for you reviews on these : )
Regarding Monsieur Oud it is a bit masculine, not overly, as there is a lot of floral components to the composition with no rough edges.
 
Wow! what a list!
I have tried all of them except Fou Gang, Angkor and Nuit de Ceylan, waiting for you reviews on these : )
Regarding Monsieur Oud it is a bit masculine, not overly, as there is a lot of floral components to the composition with no rough edges.
Haha. I hadn't been buying any fragrances for about 20 years -- not for any particular reason -- when I decided to get back into them last summer/fall. EO was the first house I stumbled onto that I liked and I went a bit nuts at first. Then found Ouddict and recalibrated, then found Teone Reinthal and went nuts in a different direction. Am slowing down the spending now 🙂
 
Haha. I hadn't been buying any fragrances for about 20 years -- not for any particular reason -- when I decided to get back into them last summer/fall. EO was the first house I stumbled onto that I liked and I went a bit nuts at first. Then found Ouddict and recalibrated, then found Teone Reinthal and went nuts in a different direction. Am slowing down the spending now 🙂
Oh I forgot about Teone Reinthal, one of the best ambery rose oud attar is from her, it's called Queen of Sheba.
 
ASO - Hekayat

I have put my nose to a reasonable amount of basic musk/sandalwood attars but none of them ever truly 'hit the spot'. So its not a combination I leaned towards much as I figured.....how different could other variations possibly be ? But I decided to try Hekayat as everything I've smelt from the house of ASO so far has graciously exceeded every expectation, and beyond.

As soon as I unscrewed the cap, WOW. That's all I can say. It's just beautiful with a capital, bold and underlined B. The product description on the website is laser accurate in terms of the scent profile.

10/10 without a doubt.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    20251107_154320.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 71
Scent Talks - AlKhateeb (Sample)

This is one of the most beautiful smelling concoctions I have ever had. The opening smells sweet like cotton candy. This is supposed to have civet paste, musk, and oak moss as a base but I can’t detect it 🙁. Maybe they play a supporting role that is silent. The main show is from the roses, jasmine grandiflorum, osmanthus, and Lilly of the valley. The heart contains Luban and cinnamon which is perceptible, and sandalwood to name a few.

All of this gives off major rose candy-for-grown-ups vibes. Well done!

Edit: the civet/musk is starting to manifest. Giving it that beautiful animalic edge. The transition to this state is so smooth.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Alkhateeb.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
ASO - Zumurrud sample

I'm not even sure how to describe this. Its a fusion that I have never really experienced before, especially when it comes to a simple oud and musk attar. Musky, sweet, green and extremely aromatic. But words don't do this justice. For me, its like a painting....a painting of nature and opulence that has come to life. This and Yaqoot II are 2 opposite ends of the spectrum but equally as great.
 
Scent Talks - Golden Tabac (Sample)

This is a dark liquid that has an astounding scent from the opening all the way to the base. It opens with honey, tobacco absolute, roasted coffee, vanilla, and amber accord. The heart is composed of saffron, musk, and sweet taif rose. At the base is cinnamon, jasmine sambac and pear.

I reiterate my calls that Scent Talks makes musk/civet digestible and approachable for those who walk a thin line trying the musk-based creations. Although the one drawback is I would have liked to see tobacco absolute used more heavily.

The musk strengthens smoothly and slowly with this blend. Absolute banger of a blend!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Golden Tabac.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 61
ASO - Hekayat

I have put my nose to a reasonable amount of basic musk/sandalwood attars but none of them ever truly 'hit the spot'. So its not a combination I leaned towards much as I figured.....how different could other variations possibly be ? But I decided to try Hekayat as everything I've smelt from the house of ASO so far has graciously exceeded every expectation, and beyond.

As soon as I unscrewed the cap, WOW. That's all I can say. It's just beautiful with a capital, bold and underlined B. The product description on the website is laser accurate in terms of the scent profile.

10/10 without a doubt.
ASO - Zumurrud sample

I'm not even sure how to describe this. Its a fusion that I have never really experienced before, especially when it comes to a simple oud and musk attar. Musky, sweet, green and extremely aromatic. But words don't do this justice. For me, its like a painting....a painting of nature and opulence that has come to life. This and Yaqoot II are 2 opposite ends of the spectrum but equally as great.
humbled thank you brother
 
Scent Talks - Trat Khadra (sample)

I’m still on this magical trip with Scent Talks. This time it’s a concoction of Trat and Hindi ouds, musk, oakwood, and vetiver. But what really makes this unique is the lemongrass used. It’s more of a top note along with the vetiver. With the Hindi and Trat being the heart of the mix. The musk being the base. Very beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Tarat Khadra.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top