The layering game. Low key copying that Russian Adam video:

My oldest patchouli as a base
My oldest (and best!) frankincense/musk
An Najwa- Al Ghuroob
Mesoud - civet/ sandalwood
Mesoud- Jasmine Tobac

I forgot to put on the most rank Kalakassi oud which would have been the perfect foil for all the rest. Too many similarities and shared notes to really be complete. But man does it feel great to get to touch and wear all these treasures again.
 
Last edited:
More layers. The generic Mysore from Fraterworks, ylang ylang, osmanthus, orange blossom abs, and a Hindi sandal attar I made. I’m all in on these florals in this proportion. The mass produced sandalwood is better than some but still has the same weakness they all seem to: instead of highlighting opulent florals they bring out a sour note.
 
scent_talks - Cigar Oud

It’s been a while since I’ve had something from scent_talks. And cigars oud doesn’t disappoint. A thick cloud of chocolate accord hovers around me. The Bulgarian tobacco gives it that cigar scent. A high-end cigar I might add. The sandalwood, patchouli and saffron dance with each other nicely. A subtle hint of rose hits the spot. But that chocolate accord is delicious.😋
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2592.webp
    84.6 KB · Views: 0
scent_talks - Cigar Oud

It’s been a while since I’ve had something from scent_talks. And cigars oud doesn’t disappoint. A thick cloud of chocolate accord hovers around me. The Bulgarian tobacco gives it that cigar scent. A high-end cigar I might add. The sandalwood, patchouli and saffron dance with each other nicely. A subtle hint of rose hits the spot. But that chocolate accord is delicious.😋
I'm not sure if this attar is the same version as the one that I have, but it is one of if not my favourite attar from him
 
Skin mix today of some mysore eo along with ASO’s Muschouli. Basically added a tiny drop of the muschouli to a large drop of mysore oil and wow, it punched up all the things i like about the mysore. It got sweeter, more buttery and the crisp airyness has been amplified, cant stop bringing it to my nose throughout the day at work.
 
Lhweb: @An Najwa majmua noir
Initial ruh khus blast with dark velvety indolics, basil, mint, just rolls and veers into dark oudiness, turns bitter to raw cucumber deep in my throat. Then hops into sweetness again. Majmua for adults.

Rhweb: scent_talks mitti marvel
Initial khus blast quickly evolves and changes colors to florals, pulls back quickly to greens, camphoric florals that shriek at times, not sure what magical mitti this is. Spice baselines is always present with scent_talks. It’s not gourmand just the flavorful scent remnants of a meal long digested - each dish with its own unique aroma left to linger as a brief memory - always fading.

These are astounding reinterpretations of classic attars in every shelf. Grateful to try these - they make me want to work harder!

Edit: the wife approved both! We did best of 5 and let’s just say she was still confused at the 5th try.
 
Last edited:
Lhweb: @An Najwa majmua noir
Initial ruh khus blast with dark velvety indolics, basil, mint, just rolls and veers into dark oudiness, turns bitter to raw cucumber deep in my throat. Then hops into sweetness again. Majmua for adults.

Rhweb: scent_talks mitti marvel
Initial khus blast quickly evolves and changes colors to florals, pulls back quickly to greens, camphoric florals that shriek at times, not sure what magical mitti this is. Spice baselines is always present with scent_talks. It’s not gourmand just the flavorful scent remnants of a meal long digested - each dish with its own unique aroma left to linger as a brief memory - always fading.

These are astounding reinterpretations of classic attars in every shelf. Grateful to try these - they make me want to work harder!

Edit: the wife approved both! We did best of 5 and let’s just say she was still confused at the 5th try.
I enjoyed the Majmua Noir for sure!
 
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day


Attar that i improvised, i started with Root only javan sandalwood, bulgarian rose, and Iriani oud.
Now it has artisinal Ceylon sandalwood, Taif rose, Sambac absolute, Gardenia absolute, Japanese cypress, Bergamot, Vintage Neroli, Blood orange, Magnolia leaf EO, Siberian musk maceration, Vintage kuppi amber oil, Sweet basil, SQ Frankincense , Bitter yuzu, Green tea absolute.
I've named it "Japón" for now. Smelling it makes me imagine an experience i've never had, and never will : Makes me feel like a Japanese kid walking to school in the morning, a dewy, blissful, cool morning, a light breeze weaving through trees and flowers, light, sweet citruses, almost candy-like, the most subtle, but beautiful nutty vanillic creaminess along a clean, elegant, dry woodiness.
I will see how it ages, but for now im very satisfied.
 
The end of a journey. I recently received my bottle of Ghallia Abassi by @Al Hashimi

Without a doubt, this Ghallia is incredible! It might be the most amazing one I’ve tasted to date, and honestly? I don't know if I even want to continue the search for the "perfect" Ghallia anymore.

The musk in this composition is a sensory explosion upon application. It’s sweet, creamy, occasionally reminiscent of chocolate, and for the first few hours, only very slightly animalic.

The rose blends in so seamlessly! The oud emerges very subtly after a few hours... everything is perfectly balanced and consistently dominated by the blend of the various musks used. In my humble olfactory experience, I wouldn't be able to point out which specific musk stands out the most.

After about four hours, the composition begins to turn more animalic, heading in a direction I truly Love! an animalic scent reminiscent of civet paste. Interestingly, if you smell it close to the skin, you don't detect it; those notes only appear in the air as you move.

I am so happy to have the opportunity to smell and experience this Ghallia! Truly the pinnacle of musk.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
The end of a journey. I recently received my bottle of Ghallia Abassi by @Al Hashimi

Without a doubt, this Ghallia is incredible! It might be the most amazing one I’ve tasted to date, and honestly? I don't know if I even want to continue the search for the "perfect" Ghallia anymore.

The musk in this composition is a sensory explosion upon application. It’s sweet, creamy, occasionally reminiscent of chocolate, and for the first few hours, only very slightly animalic.

The rose blends in so seamlessly! The oud emerges very subtly after a few hours... everything is perfectly balanced and consistently dominated by the blend of the various musks used. In my humble olfactory experience, I wouldn't be able to point out which specific musk stands out the most.

After about four hours, the composition begins to turn more animalic, heading in a direction I truly Love! an animalic scent reminiscent of civet paste. Interestingly, if you smell it close to the skin, you don't detect it; those notes only appear in the air as you move.

I am so happy to have the opportunity to smell and experience this Ghallia! Truly the pinnacle of musk.

View attachment 54594
As I’ve mentioned before, he’s quite the Artisian when it comes to musks. It’s not shocking you found it unique and well integrated with the rest of the notes.
 
My Scent for a cold rainy day at the office is BURAQ from @SULAYM

By accident I just choose the perfect partner for today’s weather and occasion.

After inhaling the fumes of this attar the first time, it immediately forces you to lean back and calm down even if it’s kinda stressy at the office.
Blue Lotus with its creamy character plays the main act paired with a pleasant aquatic note. Imagine sitting next to a pond in Indonesia filled with cristal clear water and covered with Lotus and Frangipani blossoms.
Creamy and floral sweet whiffs are hitting your nose, while it has something really refreshing to it at the same time.

There are hints of musk fading in the background giving this floral sweetish character a nice animalic twist.
ENHANCING

At this time the orris shows up adding a earthy mineralic dryness to the musk like the smell you get when rubbing your keys between your fingers.
Imagine the character of an Oud freshly destilled in a brandnew stainless stealpot.

After a while this very pleasant kinda „mechanic musk“ note leaves the stage making the orris transit into a more velvety greenish-violet facet.

In combination with a developing jasmine note you get a fullbodied bouquet of floral notes. In the beginning it’s more like a Jasmin Sambac kinda smell with hints of rose petals. The Malika SQ Rose oil from Sulyam comes to mind.

While time passes by the violet character of the orris takes completely over displacing the greener facets.
The Jasmin getting more and more dominant changing from sambac to grandiflorum.
The smell gets darker and more seductive. The indolic character of the Jasmin rises adding a touch of animalic floral muskiness.

With a sweetish bubblegum, the Jasmin finally reaches its peak just to be captured by a nice Cambodi Oud merged together with ambergris building the backbone of this attar while adding some sweet smoke with a golden-brown hue.

INHALE-EXHALE
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
The end of a journey. I recently received my bottle of Ghallia Abassi by @Al Hashimi

Without a doubt, this Ghallia is incredible! It might be the most amazing one I’ve tasted to date, and honestly? I don't know if I even want to continue the search for the "perfect" Ghallia anymore.

The musk in this composition is a sensory explosion upon application. It’s sweet, creamy, occasionally reminiscent of chocolate, and for the first few hours, only very slightly animalic.

The rose blends in so seamlessly! The oud emerges very subtly after a few hours... everything is perfectly balanced and consistently dominated by the blend of the various musks used. In my humble olfactory experience, I wouldn't be able to point out which specific musk stands out the most.

After about four hours, the composition begins to turn more animalic, heading in a direction I truly Love! an animalic scent reminiscent of civet paste. Interestingly, if you smell it close to the skin, you don't detect it; those notes only appear in the air as you move.

I am so happy to have the opportunity to smell and experience this Ghallia! Truly the pinnacle of musk.

View attachment 54594

Thanks. This particular attar was withdrawn from sale due to the high cost of making it and the high price ($1750) - we did not spare any cost in making it as it was a tribute to our cofounder Ahmad who is directly related to the Abbasid Caliphs who initially commissioned the first Ghaliya attars and a tribute to Al Kindi who describes the formulations of Ghaliya in his works.

The Ghallia Abbasi will reappear on the relaunched Al Hashimi website in October.
 
Yes, Joe. you are absolutely right! i also have Al Ghaliyah and Murabba. both have musk from al hashimi and you can notice that kind of signature on his work.
I too am lucky enough to have Murabba. It’s a stunning work of misk and florals. A+++ I’ve told him and, as part of his personality, he was humble and logical about it, but I would be a mad king of i could do musks like that!
 
Last edited:
@Faizal_p earthern agar. Revisited this one as it is just so pure and beautiful. Initial opening is like drinking water from earthen storage pots on hot summer days with hints of basil or mint or khus in it. Dries down to just a silent meditative beautiful earthy (duh!) wood and river stone smells. An attar for grounding and one I cherish.
 
@Faizal_p earthern agar. Revisited this one as it is just so pure and beautiful. Initial opening is like drinking water from earthen storage pots on hot summer days with hints of basil or mint or khus in it. Dries down to just a silent meditative beautiful earthy (duh!) wood and river stone smells. An attar for grounding and one I cherish.
Wow, that sounds absolutely amazing! I love this calming aspect 😍
 
Back
Top