Received Pomelo Blossom / Oud codistillation from AN Agarwood.

Straight away, I can tell that this is a pretty unique and special one, at least for me (the only other ‘white floral + oud’ combo I tried before this is @Joe’s Jasmine and Oud Orchestra, which I became quite enamoured with).

It opens with neroli-like citrus flowers, quite intense and intoxicating - stronger and more vivid than I expected given that the aroma is coming from hydrosol rather than a pure essential oil. I feel like some of the pomelo fruit character also comes though here along with the blossoms.

The oud brings a creamy, gentle sweetness and root beer/sarsaparilla-like medicinal character, as well as a sparkling background oudiness, especially in the dry-down. This is going to be great for summer.

IMG_1157.webp
 
Ys-Uzac Theros Elixir - I think this (and the EDP version) has officially become my signature scent. It looks like it is my most worn perfume over all these years of collecting and owning over 500 perfumes, oils, and attars.

For my tastes, it checks all the boxes. Complex, dynamic, high-quality, seamlessly blended, perfect amount of animalics, luxurious, excellent performance, and 100% unique. Scent-wise, there is nothing remotely similar. It smells like a museum, perhaps the Ludovican Era during the 17th century in France.
 
@Habz786 adghal on rh and sultan sulawesi on lh.

Adghal is a serious green fresh attar whose wildness is at the surface always but contained within sandal oud musk. Dries down to almost green jungle fougere freshness similar to ASO zummurud. Excellent.

Sultan Sulawesi is an oud so I’ll be brief. I like this journey from dusty woody to medicinal to eventual sweetness. A hirta!
 
comparing two different batches of Egyptian jasmine grandiflorum from the same source (Payan Bertrand) purchased about a year and a half apart from one another. These two extractions have very different presences even though they're both clearly the same flower; the differences do not reflect the difference in age between the batches, they were present in both of them since their arrival.

The newer one has a little bit more of a tea like quality, a beautiful tart leafiness above the classic narcotic grandiflorum heart, along with a bit of a different type of green leafiness reminiscent of violet leaf. This characteristic persists from the top note into the heart. The aroma is the tension between the tart leafiness and the sultry heart surrounding a bunch of linalool.

The older batch lacks the violet or tart leafiness and goes right into this saturated almost candy like aroma, kind of like a facet of a watermelon "jolly rancher" candy, but a beautiful natural version. This one has a more dark glossy sultry aroma, a beautiful candy like sweetness that transforms into a linalool-like scent when taking a steady deep whiff. More of a unified aroma with less of a sense of tension.

Both are beautiful I have a definite preference for the older type in part because it is an unusual variation on the typical Egyptian jasmine grandiflorum aroma.
 
Last edited:
enjoying the heck out of a dab of Rosa indica oil. Really excellent profile as I see it. I have several specimens of this species - I look forward to acquiring more just to see what range of expressions are possible.
 
today I wore some swipes of sweet fern extract I prepared last year. Sweet fern is not actually a fern - it's a flowering plant in the same family as Myrtle and Bayberry. If you encounter a stand of this plant the air is rich with a labdanum-like amber sweetness combined with a kind of Darjeeling tea muscatel aroma. The extract starts out with a nearly photorealistic imitation of strawberry, something I don't notice the faintest trace of in the plant itself, and then transforms into a sweet mellow musky labdanum scent, barnyard adjacent. Very interesting stuff. dark green with some kind of white waxy material coming out which doesn't surprise me at all given the plant family it's in.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
today I wore some swipes of sweet fern extract I prepared last year. Sweet fern is not actually a fern - it's a flowering plant in the same family as Myrtle and Bayberry. If you encounter a stand of this plant the air is rich with a labdanum-like amber sweetness combined with a kind of Darjeeling tea muscatel aroma. The extract starts out with a nearly photorealistic imitation of strawberry, something I don't notice the faintest trace of in the plant itself, and then transforms into a sweet mellow musky labdanum scent, barnyard adjacent. Very interesting stuff. dark green with some kind of white waxy material coming out which doesn't surprise me at all given the plant family it's in.
View attachment 54665
Nice and lusciously dark!
 
Chypre Oud - Mesoud (sample)

Oh my dear lord, this is such a lovely, wonderful attar. Whatever was going on with my nose at the time, I liked this but didn’t love it so I never got a full bottle. Now however I might jump through a plate glass window and run through a fire to get my hands on more. A powdery, velvety cloud of projection. The skin scent up close though is something else altogether. Peach skin, leather and something vegetal and rooty, dusty, poudre de toilette old school cologne vibes. Neither feminine nor masculine. Just voluptuous and rewarding. Mehmet my friend, I hope you haven’t completely turned your back on also making blended attars. You have a wonderful touch. I love your codistillations I’ve gotten my hands on, but this right here is a sparkling little gem. This and Jasmine Tobac have me wondering what was wrong with me at the time that I didn’t grab more. 🤲
 
Chypre Oud - Mesoud (sample)

Oh my dear lord, this is such a lovely, wonderful attar. Whatever was going on with my nose at the time, I liked this but didn’t love it so I never got a full bottle. Now however I might jump through a plate glass window and run through a fire to get my hands on more. A powdery, velvety cloud of projection. The skin scent up close though is something else altogether. Peach skin, leather and something vegetal and rooty, dusty, poudre de toilette old school cologne vibes. Neither feminine nor masculine. Just voluptuous and rewarding. Mehmet my friend, I hope you haven’t completely turned your back on also making blended attars. You have a wonderful touch. I love your codistillations I’ve gotten my hands on, but this right here is a sparkling little gem. This and Jasmine Tobac have me wondering what was wrong with me at the time that I didn’t grab more. 🤲
Man I am also kicking myself for not getting more of Chypre oud and jasmine tobac. I am hanging on to the two samples, not swiping them unless my mind told me to.

Brother Mehmet has a specific blending style I feel. Clarity and cohesiveness come first. Be it conveying a feeling or letting the highlighted ingredients make a statement. Regretting for not jumping onto the MesOud train earlier, but nonetheless the distillations have been very rewarding.
 
Yusa - Ayame
Brings me back to my childhood. My dad used have oil smelling similar to this.

Tested my nose today. I easily smelled the musk, rose and incensy ingredients. trying to smell the vanilla but ceiling fan is on high. Not familiar with orris butter, but can sense the butteriness. Yusa's oils are beginning to grow on me.
 
Today we go with the rest of my Sumatra Attar from @SULAYM

First I have to mention that this one could easily be the go to for my summerscent. Don’t t know if there was any other floral/animalic attar which gave me this kind of refreshment while wearing.
Ahmed hitted all the spots with Sumatra Attar!

The Attar starts with a huge Bouquet of flowers. Mainly white flowers but sprinkled with a few light pink blossoms.
Piercing Jasmin sweetness leads while creamy facets of Sambac and Frangipani like smells are following.

The animalics play superb with the flowers as the civet enhances the more creamier aspects giving them much more complexity.

Imagine sitting in a field of white flowers with some animals sneaking around. They are not visible due to the dense blossoms but you can trace them by their pheromonic smells.

After a while a calming black tea Note developes. Cold black tea in particular. With a refreshing slice of fresh cucumber floating around giving every sip this green twist.
Indonesian Oud enhances this even more adding oceanic coolness to the drink.

A few hours later the attar reaches its zenith with an absolutely stunning and mouthwatering peach. Fruity, slightly sour and fullbodied.
Peach Icetea at its finest!

Later on the Oud transforms giving a woody sweet vanilla note to the peaches.

-SUMMERVIBES-
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Hekayat - Al Shareef Oud ( santal/musk)
Damascena Musk- Mesoud (rose musk)
Mysore Ambergris - Mesoud
Ward Al Bahr - Yusa (rose/ambergris)
Kalakassi blend - Me!

Layered together these go full on regal, king mode. Beautiful, like the most handsome prince on the most stately horse. Draped with flowers and gold.

It’s as much humbling as it in inspiring to wear creations that far outpace my own. Even such seemingly simple two ingredient ones as these. As much as I mix, blend and combine things it’s almost always because I’m chasing after some aspect of blends from better experienced hands. And to learn and understand what materials do: so I’ll know what descriptions are referring to, to entertain myself, but also because I’m a curious minded person and that’s how my brain processes the world. Each of the above has been a benchmark scent for me.

Those Mesoud macerations were my first experiences of animalics in such a pure 1:1 form. Absolutely clean, like the archetype invention of the concept of clean; except when even the tiniest bit of the musk bumps up against Oud and then the carnal, beast mode kicks in. The two musk blends I have are what I look for in every other one I encounter.

The ASO let me see what musk does to an already exceptional sandalwood. I have the sandalwood this is based on and until I more fully understood either one this seemed subtle and now I can’t believe I ever thought that.

The Yusa shocked me in how deliciously poopy an ambergis can smell. I also have the same rose in unadulterated form and how the ambergris fills in gaps and pushes and elevates and expands the rose really surprised me. It’s like a quantum multiplier for what’s already there. It perfectly illustrates what I see as the magic of ambergris; it creates a parallel pocket universe of scent that was probably already there just unseen to the unaided observer.

My own blend here is just me trying to save my investment in a Kalkassi oud that had a really sour earwax opening that once I identified it never went away. It completely overpowered the wildflowers and resin middle and dry down. I was able to “fix” that with musk, ambergris more florals and I don’t remember what else, but wearing it with these let me see how incomplete it is.

If I could make blends that smell like my layering experiments I’d be rich.
 
Last edited:
Mobyus Homemade - Summer Attar 2026 (Misk AlFajr)

This is my 2nd homemade blend that has been macerating since Feb 4th 2026. It’s a Summer blend that should have only taken 6 weeks but I left it more to mature. My 1st attar is more wintery and is also ready for harvest so-to-speak but I’ll open it during winter.

I used the following ingredients for a Summer blend and the following were the ingredients:

- Nepalese deer musk grains
- Sandalwood oil
- Hindi Oud
- Taif rose
- Jasmine
- Neroli/Orange Blossom
- Bergamot
- Petit grain
- Yuzu

I was confident enough to open it up this time and try the fruits of my labor. And I’m more than happy to say the results were above satisfying! I feel like I’ve leveled up ⬆️.

As I was transferring the blend to a 1/4 tola I could immediately smell the beauty of the musk and rose. I hadn’t expected to smell the musk for some reason but it is so beautiful I now know why people love to play with it and its proportions in perfumery. It’s a delicate art that I now appreciate more. Not only am I proud of the result, it’s exactly how I want my musk-based creations to smell. It’s softly animalic yet has a strong and pronounced presence.

The sandalwood oil is a perfect carrier and is not a fancy type of sandalwood. Just some I bought locally but is high quality. The Taif rose 🌹 is coming through beautifully and plays well with the musk and not drowning it. The bergamot and yuzu provide a nice kick that’s citrusy and is an added edge to the overall scent component.

I’m in love and so proud I can’t put into words how satisfied i am with the result.

I hope that my experience makes others try and experiment. You might be surprised what dedication and a lot of patience takes.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2078.webp
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2079.webp
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2080.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
wearing a blend of my own creation and extraction: two resinoids I extracted, one from old dry white pine needles that had accumulated for many years over a rock outcropping and one from some old sandalwood chips. The result is a beautiful abstract dry woody ambery accord.

I'm fascinated with the aroma of aged white pine needles. There is some chemical in there that it's beautiful, dry, woody, diffusive, and absolutely unique. I feel like there are certain modern aroma chemicals that are like clumsy efforts to approach this scent.

No other tree species or evergreens make this same beautiful scent. It is completely independent from the conventional evergreen type of aromas and is more like an abstract fantasy dry wood accord. great compliment to the dry woodiness of sandalwood.

If any of you live in the northeast and are able to identify white pine, try taking a stroll through a forest that has some of them and you will notice the most remarkable aroma as you move into the shade of these trees. Beautiful clean dry abstract woody scent that fills the space and carries nicely on the breeze. I usually smell these trees before I see them. I am kind of awestruck by the aroma of the well-aged needles.

I made an extract of this last year, it came out like a yellow paste, the extraction parameters I used pulled a little too much of their evergreen aroma but the extraction was a success because that abstract woody dryness is there as well and it contributes the note that I desire to my blends along with the evergreen scent. I am considering making some extractions with different duration and temperatures to see if I can specifically isolate the woodiness from the evergreen. I'm just so struck by this aroma... sublime and it would complement oud so beautifully
 
Last edited:
Mobyus Homemade - Summer Attar 2026

This is my 2nd homemade blend that has been macerating since Feb 4th 2026. It’s a Summer blend that should have only taken 6 weeks but I left it more to mature. My 1st attar is more wintery and is also ready for harvest so-to-speak but I’ll open it during winter.

I used the following ingredients for a Summer blend and the following were the ingredients:

- Nepalese deer musk grains
- Sandalwood oil
- Hindi Oud
- Taif rose
- Jasmine
- Neroli/Orange Blossom
- Bergamot
- Petit grain
- Yuzu

I was confident enough to open it up this time and try the fruits of my labor. And I’m more than happy to say the results were above satisfying! I feel like I’ve leveled up ⬆️.

As I was transferring the blend to a 1/4 tola I could immediately smell the beauty of the musk and rose. I hadn’t expected to smell the musk for some reason but it is so beautiful I now know why people love to play with it and its proportions in perfumery. It’s a delicate art that I now appreciate more. Not only am I proud of the result, it’s exactly how I want my musk-based creations to smell. It’s softly animalic yet has a strong and pronounced presence.

The sandalwood oil is a perfect carrier and is not a fancy type of sandalwood. Just some I bought locally but is high quality. The Taif rose 🌹 is coming through beautifully and plays well with the musk and not drowning it. The bergamot and yuzu provide a nice kick that’s citrusy and is an added edge to the overall scent component.

I’m in love and so proud I can’t put into words how satisfied i am with the result.

I hope that my experience makes others try and experiment. You might be surprised what dedication and a lot of patience takes.
Sounds amazing 😍 I bet it’s delicious!
 
wearing a blend of my own creation and extraction: two resinoids I extracted, one from old dry white pine needles that had accumulated for many years over a rock outcropping and one from some old sandalwood chips. The result is a beautiful abstract dry woody ambery accord.

I'm fascinated with the aroma of aged white pine needles. There is some chemical in there that it's beautiful, dry, woody, diffusive, and absolutely unique. I feel like there are certain modern aroma chemicals that are like clumsy efforts to approach this scent.

No other tree species or evergreens make this same beautiful scent. It is completely independent from the conventional evergreen type of aromas and is more like an abstract fantasy dry wood accord. great compliment to the dry woodiness of sandalwood.

If any of you live in the northeast and are able to identify white pine, try taking a stroll through a forest that has some of them and you will notice the most remarkable aroma as you move into the shade of these trees. Beautiful clean dry abstract woody scent that fills the space and carries nicely on the breeze. I usually smell these trees before I see them. I am kind of awestruck by the aroma of the well-aged needles.

I made an extract of this last year, it came out like a yellow paste, the extraction parameters I used pulled a little too much of their evergreen aroma but the extraction was a success because that abstract woody dryness is there as well and it contributes the note that I desire to my blends along with the evergreen scent. I am considering making some extractions with different duration and temperatures to see if I can specifically isolate the woodiness from the evergreen. I'm just so struck by this aroma... sublime and it would complement oud so beautifully
You may want to try the bark as well. We dont have white pine here but the local one is also dry woody and i found the bark having less of the sharp notes, compared with the needles.
Could be diff with white pine but i guess its worth exploring..
 
You may want to try the bark as well. We dont have white pine here but the local one is also dry woody and i found the bark having less of the sharp notes, compared with the needles.
Could be diff with white pine but i guess its worth exploring..
Always worth considering! There were some pines that grew in the Oregon area that had beautifully fragrant bark and I had always wished they were on my property so I could have a go at it. In this case it's really only the old dried needles that have this particular note. It's quite interesting if I take a handful of them and put them in a plastic bag even if they sit for months it's still noticeable and diffusive. Quite distinct from what I normally think of as a pine aroma
 
This is a nice rich full-bodied traditional khus from @AlHind Oud

I don't consider myself to be a connoisseur of this type of vetiver (wild harvested Indian seed-bearing vetiver) but it is very interesting stuff and incredibly complex… this smells excellent - such a rugged aroma, khus always brings earth, roots, resin, root vegetables and metal to mind, and this one has them in nice balance. I have a couple of old specimens from white lotus aromatics where the metallic note is way out of balance and for a while that I thought was just the way green khus was - it has been nice smelling specimens like this which seem like they are choice/select extractions picked for a beautiful balance of notes by somebody with a good nose for this material.
IMG_8751.webp
 
Mobyus Homemade - Summer Attar 2026

This is my 2nd homemade blend that has been macerating since Feb 4th 2026. It’s a Summer blend that should have only taken 6 weeks but I left it more to mature. My 1st attar is more wintery and is also ready for harvest so-to-speak but I’ll open it during winter.

I used the following ingredients for a Summer blend and the following were the ingredients:

- Nepalese deer musk grains
- Sandalwood oil
- Hindi Oud
- Taif rose
- Jasmine
- Neroli/Orange Blossom
- Bergamot
- Petit grain
- Yuzu

I was confident enough to open it up this time and try the fruits of my labor. And I’m more than happy to say the results were above satisfying! I feel like I’ve leveled up ⬆️.

As I was transferring the blend to a 1/4 tola I could immediately smell the beauty of the musk and rose. I hadn’t expected to smell the musk for some reason but it is so beautiful I now know why people love to play with it and its proportions in perfumery. It’s a delicate art that I now appreciate more. Not only am I proud of the result, it’s exactly how I want my musk-based creations to smell. It’s softly animalic yet has a strong and pronounced presence.

The sandalwood oil is a perfect carrier and is not a fancy type of sandalwood. Just some I bought locally but is high quality. The Taif rose 🌹 is coming through beautifully and plays well with the musk and not drowning it. The bergamot and yuzu provide a nice kick that’s citrusy and is an added edge to the overall scent component.

I’m in love and so proud I can’t put into words how satisfied i am with the result.

I hope that my experience makes others try and experiment. You might be surprised what dedication and a lot of patience takes.
Sounds amazing. You inspired me to dig out one of mine from a few months ago and it’s coming along so nicely. Very similar ingredients except for no citrus and I used gardenia and three roses instead of Taif. I must have subconsciously seen you mention orange blossom because last night I had to try a swipe and thought hm, some orange blossom would go really nicely with this. 💥🌋🧨 still have my nose buried in my wrist so thanks for the inspiration!
 
Sounds amazing. You inspired me to dig out one of mine from a few months ago and it’s coming along so nicely. Very similar ingredients except for no citrus and I used gardenia and three roses instead of Taif. I must have subconsciously seen you mention orange blossom because last night I had to try a swipe and thought hm, some orange blossom would go really nicely with this. 💥🌋🧨 still have my nose buried in my wrist so thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks! I already am working on a new blend that has no musk, Oud, or rose. Should be interesting. I love trying new things.
 
Back
Top